Exam Question

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Thaadi
Emerald Rider

Post by Thaadi »

Briannon wrote:
Recently (not naming people or places or servers) I witnessed a bainshee in the frontiers and not once did I see the aoe root deployed or the frontal arc dd engaged. Did not also see the aoe bolt used and instead all the player seemed to use was the single mob dd shout. That bainshee was not overpowering anything in RvR so I couldn't help wondering if I was witnessing a cursed forest power-levelled toon being controlled by someone who had no idea about the full range and utility the class had to offer.
Was this open field or in a siege?
Cant really say if it was good/bad since its all different from fight to fight, using root atm is worthless allways 4+ rangers leeching/derooting and gets you killed.Also aethings got bad range compared to single target DD.

And I have no idea how much experience you have playing a 50 bainshee(guess alot after saying how they should be played).

And for the "im not op screen of the week"

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Thaadi wrote:Was this open field or in a siege?
Cant really say if it was good/bad since its all different from fight to fight, using root atm is worthless allways 4+ rangers leeching/derooting and gets you killed.Also aethings got bad range compared to single target DD.

And I have no idea how much experience you have playing a 50 bainshee(guess alot after saying how they should be played).

Was open field and others have already explained the tactics that 'shees use in RvR.

No I don't have a 50 shee yet - I'm not into powerlevelling alts to 50 in a few days, prefer instead to take my time. So yeah I may have been doing a Vonwar and talking out my tush but as my main aim was to promote a healthy debate I hope you'll forgive my small faux-pas.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Briannon wrote:No I don't have a 50 shee yet - I'm not into powerlevelling alts to 50 in a few days, prefer instead to take my time. So yeah I may have been doing a Vonwar and talking out my tush but as my main aim was to promote a healthy debate I hope you'll forgive my small faux-pas.
Well... I didn't really PL... it just came over me.... (soloed from 5-30 and then from 42-50 again) ;)

And you're surely not Vonwar... that would include speaking out evil curses on Albion and Midgard players. :D
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

[quote="Adianna"]Well... I didn't really PL... it just came over me.... (soloed from 5-30 and then from 42-50 again) ]

Let me reassure you I am NOT Vonwar.

It seems Mythic has confirmed the existence of overpowering, which tends to render my exam question a bit academic ;-). Taken from the 1.75 patch notes....

Warlock
- Warlocks are able to combine certain abilities in ways that, in conjunction with a few of their high damage spells, significantly overpowers them.

They've been nerfed!!
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

There are classes which by design are or were overpowered - either as solo or grouped.

I remember one instance in OF where 3fgs of BD's (max level 40 or so) dominated Emain for a whole evening. This is down to class design. More recent classes are Warlock or Bainshee.
Warlocks are by design a one man army, now with the downsizing of their damage brought more in line with the other classes.
Bainshees are overpowered in conjunction with other classes and make a group extremely powerful - again certain aspects have been nerfed to bring the utility of the class more in line with other classes. This still leaves the damage issue.

By design there were, are and will be overpowered classes. Some skilled players will show and demonstrate the full potential of the class - and the rest of the herd will try to mimic this - thus creating FOTM classes.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”