to add or not to add...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Only time nowadays I get really angry with adding/leeching is when I use everything I have to kill a necro pet and som jerk kills the necro and gets all the rps.

That will be fixed in this patch thank god
Grymligast RR9l0 SB Shelved
Mirani RR5l3 Valkyrie In progress
+30 or so more chars.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Aye.... usually me watching you shooting at the pet and me lining up for a PA on the alb ;) Thx for the assist ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Phinith
Emerald Rider

1 vs 1

Post by Phinith »

I like to run solo sometimes with my BM (swedoom) or my chanter (Phinith).. if i find a fight 1 vs 1... doesnt matter if its hib vs alb/mid or alb vs mid... i usually stay and watch the fight.. and do /vic and /hug to the winner.. and then i leave.. if the winner dont do /beckon to me.. then i stay and wait til the alb/mid have full health then duel him :-P
so much more fun to kill an alb/mid with full health than 5% hp left after his/her fight.. and if i die.. so be it... rp´s isnt That importent to me.. :monkey:

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

its a weird one this, situational if they add then its ok for you to add on the add else i wouldnt touch someone solo unless were grouped, its a shame the game wont have a 8vs8 feature where one fg attacks another fg and all other players are locked out of the battle until one fg is dead or the group leader is dead - this could allow group leader abilities depending on what you wanted to do, the group leader could give motivational shouts depending on class etc

p.s. phinith always ADDS! :)
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

It's always best to try to respect the wishes of your fellow players, whatever they may be. In cases where those wishes aren't obvious or easily determined, adding or not adding should both be considered acceptable in recognition of the fact we aren't mind readers. The people who are at fault are not adders/non-adders, it's the people who assume you should know their preference and then get abusive when you don't.

My own preference was for someone to help me if I was in a 1v1 fight, since there is no such thing as an equal fight in DAoC, and in many scenarios you could make an argument for 2v1 being fair (eg. if the one was much higher RR). Anyone who thinks someone coming from stealth at an inopportune moment, stun-locking someone and winning practically without combat is a fair fight just cos it is 1v1 sees the world very differently from me.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

Moley:) wrote:it's RvR meaning realm vs realm not solo vs solo
moley says it all tbh, there is no way to get a fair fight as you cannot make people not add, fight for your realm mates, if theyre getting their ass kicked help em out else its FOR THE REALM! realm realm realm...
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I don't care if I'm solo or grouped, winning or losing - if you see me fighting please please please ADD.

There's no such thing as a fair fight in DAoC.
Realm enemies must die.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Phinith
Emerald Rider

Post by Phinith »

Craft wrote:its a weird one this, situational if they add then its ok for you to add on the add else i wouldnt touch someone solo unless were grouped, its a shame the game wont have a 8vs8 feature where one fg attacks another fg and all other players are locked out of the battle until one fg is dead or the group leader is dead - this could allow group leader abilities depending on what you wanted to do, the group leader could give motivational shouts depending on class etc

p.s. phinith always ADDS! :)

What do you mean i allways adds?? i never add... if i have added on someone or a group.. its a misstake.. like if i run up on a brigde and see a alb or mid.. kill him and see after that there was a fight on the other side i didnt saw at first!!

so dont say i allways add m8!

if Phinith have added on someone... its not the owner who plays him then.. and you Coven know who im talking about then.. the same guy who allways played on your account and still borrow your BB! and i have told him Not to Add on anyone!

im the one in group who say "DONT ADD" when we find a fight.. or "Dont kill" when we find a player running solo.. i want fg vs fg fight or atleast a few in the other group! :-)

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

mate im kidding about the adding chill out! :)

Phinith
Emerald Rider

Post by Phinith »

not funny /cry

i have feelings too you know :-(
hehe

its just so many have added on me when im having a nice 1 vs 1 fight... or when a alb/mid are waiting for me to get full health so we can have a nice duel... and someone come and kill me when im sitting down in front of the alb/mid.. that just make me mad :-(
but cant blame them.. everyone have thier own opinions about adding so :-(

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”