Should I stay or should I go?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Flippant Desires
Emerald Rider

Post by Flippant Desires »

One nice feature of DAoC is that the quests for alb/mid/hib are quite different- you don't really say to yourself "i've done this one before". So getting a character up to 50 won't be dull quest-wise.

But, you know this game is now more-or-less about completing MLs and getting artifacts. If you can stomache ;) doing all of that again (same for all realms), then go for it.

But but...
Why are you asking "shud i stay?". If you liked the old-style game, before all the leetist stuff, no new realm will bring back the enjoyment. Prydwen is a very quiet server, the population has dropped substantially over the last year. You will find that playing some classes are now almost imposible, without PL or huge guild support. Can you use a L20 command? Starting from L1 is hopeless atm.

If you have a lot of patience, then give it a go, but be prepared for little to almost zero grouping (below L45). Just get your friends list populated by players who don't use BBs :) that way you'll get a group and not a "afk/cba" group :)
Trying out
RIFT, Guild Wars 2 & DAoC (again...)

WoW [retired]

Flippant, Margo, Szleynix, & Plumduff
PvP: Stormreaver {Alliance}, RP: Argent Dawn {Alliance}

DAoC [retired]
Flippant |Szleynix | Brass Monkey

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Flippant Desires wrote: Can you use a L20 command? Starting from L1 is hopeless atm.
Actually, depending on your class this wont be too hard using the instant dungeons..but ofc, its much depending of the class..

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i dunno bout that tbh ..
as long as your char can solo yellows (past level 10 .. task dungeons are blue con at 1-10 i think ) should have no problems in any insta task dungeon. (ad tbh every class in hibernia besides buffbots and bards should be able to take on yellows ^^ rangers and range mages may have a prob with lack of space but there is always ways round that ^^)
Blue cons in adventure dungeon to farm aurulite :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

doing some of the easy quests in catacombs and basically grinding it from 1-20 took hardly any time, maybe just over a day. It really gets easy past 20, if you get some good gear. got from 22-27.6 yesterday in the few hours I was online and handy cos Dard and Bostik can just pass down any old armor they have no use for. (oh and 6.3 dps glowy rapiers-own)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Flippant Desires wrote:You will find that playing some classes are now almost imposible, without PL or huge guild support. Can you use a L20 command? Starting from L1 is hopeless atm.
I have gone pretty much Solo from 1-29 on my Vampiir in little over a week (buffs not affecting Vamps) (I know its not the fastest ever but I dont play every day and I do allow some downtime ;))

Yes I have 3 accounts all on Hib/Pryd but leveling my Vamp has been good fun while scouting doing other stuff on the other accounts...

If you want to enjoy the green fields and benefit from the community that is Hib/Pryd then come on over to the green side! ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

I left alb for prydwen and i got an account extra just incase i didn't like it. Now the first account is a BB account on hib too :)
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM