RP desiring Hibs

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sharkith wrote:Animist need lub - that was going to be my second thread title - there are waaaay too few Animists out there and waaaay too few groups trying to support them in RvR. When it comes to keeps and towers they are our biggest asset along with Naturalist classes and we need to encourage them to come back out.
No, Animists need nerfs :p

Insta-kill through walls clumps of pets are just wrong and no better than warlocks :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest wrote:No, Animists need nerfs :p

Insta-kill through walls clumps of pets are just wrong and no better than warlocks :p
what other way is there to kill the founsands of Albs that flock to the realm with teh oped solo classes?

To all effects they deserve it imo. ;)

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

no! animists need boost! (deja vu!)
get rid of the useless shrooms and give me something else!
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest another way to look at it is that shrooms are the visitation of an angry god on those that clicked Albion. The mids well they were just bloody unlucky.... :coffee:

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:No, Animists need nerfs :p

When do they do that? I've never seen mine bite someone the other side of a wall. They've always needed line of sight. I've had problems casting shrooms on a bridge and them appearing under the bridge and biting someone I couldn't see. I felt that was unfair so I had to keep releasing them until I found somewhere the ground target works. They seem to have fixed that now though, thank heavens, because that bug kept killing me. There was one bridge I could only find one place I was sure I could legally shroom.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Luz wrote:no! animists need boost! (deja vu!)
get rid of the useless shrooms and give me something else!
Amen.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

everz
Emerald Rider

Post by everz »

Alexandrinus wrote:yes MID and ALB will have alot of fun with you when you dont have any power strenght relic bonus,maybe people should think about this.:snail:
Ive played with it before and it prolly that best time in rvr i had.
deleted/sold rip daoc

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

lol i see in your sighn :-)

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

There is something very wrong in Hib ATM.

When I have to hear from a friend about how he gets jumped by an Alb when he runs across a Hib bridge & Hibs are /cheering & /hugging the Alb as it kills him & none of the Hibs will help him or even rezz him afterwards then it kinda makes me feel ill.

I can understand the desire for a fair fight, but this is a game which depicts war, & when you support the enemy & refuse to help your allies in a war even on your home territory then there's something seriously wrong IMO. Some might even call it treachery, but we won't go that far, it's a game after all..

But still ... it leaves a very bad aftertaste ...
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Minkyra
Emerald Rider

Post by Minkyra »

Having played since day 1, half my time on mid-excal where before frontiers as a solo if you made it more than 300 yrds from a port keep without getting turned into a pincushion you counted it a good day, and you getting zerged in yo-yo fashion seemed to be RvR for the 'causual player' and then switching to Hib in serch of RP not RPs, RvR seemed a little better. On reflection the issue is this

Lack of effective leadership;Because it is so difficult for anyone to take on that mantle (and lets face it do you need the grief?) and MMORG being a sort of mirror for RL am not really suprised at some of the behaviour that one sees. One only has to look at say the biggest complaint about DDO...'Forced grouping' to see this trend.

We do seem to be the underdog, but that is more about numbers than anything else as en masse (eg MARR) we deliver big time. But as indivivuals where if you dont fit the perfik group (I don't know how many times the first question/pm Minkyra gets as ML5 Warden are you BG...no am perfector...<deafening silence>) set up then one asks oneself what's the point, please givf more interesting PvE and I'll stick to role-play.

The game itself I guess could help, be nice to see campaign missions, ie encouraging working together...I mean realm mission...take an alb keep....woo hoo. What about. Take this keep, hold it and then go capture, this tower because something is there that will tip the advantage in your favour (eg downgrade all enemy towers for xx duration) With proper rewards that will incentivise people for doing it. such missions would be designed so as to encourage serious consideration about how to conduct the art of war.

Anyway...wheres my coffee....:bang:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”