How is cap-dmg/dmg calculated

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
alduan
Emerald Rider

How is cap-dmg/dmg calculated

Post by alduan »

so I was trying out my new BM the other day and noticed something strange, his dmg is waaaaaay too low =/.
with 50+5 Slash, 50+8 CD, 380 str and a 4.1 weapon I was hitting my BB unstyled for 160-190 (no resists) and the gray mobs outside domnann for 211 (capped).
Could someone explain to me how cap dmg and normal dmg is calculated cause too me it seems abit too low ?
also what kind of variance do you m8s have on 50 players ?
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

alduan wrote:so I was trying out my new BM the other day and noticed something strange, his dmg is waaaaaay too low =/.
with 50+5 Slash, 50+8 CD, 380 str and a 4.1 weapon I was hitting my BB unstyled for 160-190 (no resists) and the gray mobs outside domnann for 211 (capped).
Could someone explain to me how cap dmg and normal dmg is calculated cause too me it seems abit too low ?
also what kind of variance do you m8s have on 50 players ?
Dont think there is any specific way to calculate dmg or dmg caps, what you can do though is "test" how much 1 point of str would do for your dmg cap or dmg and what 1 skill would do and such. There is simple to many factors in the calculation of your dmg, all from level of you, level of enemy, skills, stats, AF, con on weapons, rr5 or not rr5, and we could go on :)
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

alduan
Emerald Rider

Post by alduan »

thing is that while testing my dmg cap on graycons it didnt matter how much str , +skills, qui or haste I had... I came up with the same
The only thing that seemed to change anything was weapon spd and using a weapon that I hadnt speced for.
People are telling me that its normal to have low dmg at low rr's but what is it that changes with RR that would make the dmg cap raise ?
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

alduan wrote:thing is that while testing my dmg cap on graycons it didnt matter how much str , +skills, qui or haste I had... I came up with the same
The only thing that seemed to change anything was weapon spd and using a weapon that I hadnt speced for.
People are telling me that its normal to have low dmg at low rr's but what is it that changes with RR that would make the dmg cap raise ?
Well there is specific caps for all dmg you cant pass, and you will always cap on a grey. I belive style spec points help getting higher cap.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

High damage cap is not the same as high damage. It just means that you have the potential to do more damage. It's not like you hit cap damage very often in rvr anyway. Of course, sitting casters without self buffs should get you there:-P

Also remember that different styles have different caps, and your unstyled cap is much lower.
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

alduan wrote:thing is that while testing my dmg cap on graycons it didnt matter how much str , +skills, qui or haste I had... I came up with the same
That is correct, once you're past 51 modified primary weapon (blades in ur case) ur unstyled damage-cap is fixed.

QUI and Haste dont affect ur unstyled-damage-cap, thats why QUI and Haste are good things (they boost ur dps).
Styled-damage also depends on your skill-level in the appropiated skill for that style (Squall ---> Celtic Dual) and your skill-level increases when you gain RR.

Also, the more STR (and DEX) you have, the higher you hit towards your cap in practical RvR. Thats why higher RR's hit harder, also they can get more MoPain so they crit more often etc :)
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Do you have any ToA +damage and +style damage? that's gonna help a fair bit. No reason you can't have +10% style damage/damage/combat speed on a light tank and still have +101 str and everything else capped.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”