Restoration

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Monk
Emerald Rider

Post by Monk »

im sorry i respect everyone's opinions and im sure as E&Es u guys have access to slightly more inside info then i do, but i seriously cannot see how GOA justify this, in the first week alot of progress was made, very true, but after that it seems as though they took 11 out of 12 (random numbers here) ppl of the project. in all honesty i really do believe that if they had just put cluystering and DR back 2 weeks respectivly they would have solved all item problems amongst all accts.

and this arguement they use that if u play ur acct on glast etc they cant restore- well thats GOA's fault for providing a substandard service and forcing players to leave heavily invested chars and move server just to play a game they are paying for and 6 months is a long time - thats easily lvl 50 and ml4 rr4 and prob cl5 now that dr is out.

i think anyone who is still missing items and has paid for these last 6 months deserves atleast that time back if not a full year free subsription.

i understand there is alot of flaming going on against goa and i hope that the mods dont see this post as such. its simply a fact GOA lied, and not in a oh we cant do anything about this type lie, they could postpone clustering till it was fixed, but they didnt. that is a lie!
~~~GM of Fallen Spirits - Prydwen~~~
Spetsnaz lvl50 Celt Valewalker 6l2 -Currently Main
Nicholai lvl 50 Elf Ranger 4l0
Moscow lvl 50 Shar Vampiir 3l8
Vanyia lvl 50 Celt Druid 3l2
Aequitas lvl 50 Shar Hero 2l0 - running old school epic!
Trident lvl 45 Elf Chanter 1l5

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Monk wrote:i understand there is alot of flaming going on against goa and i hope that the mods dont see this post as such. its simply a fact GOA lied, and not in a oh we cant do anything about this type lie, they could postpone clustering till it was fixed, but they didnt. that is a lie!
they said they would postpone clustering when they first got the numbers from mythic.
That number was a tad out (just by a smidge..couple of thou yknow ;) ) so obviously when they realised the extent of the problem they decided to cluster.
That and internal difficultys regarding GMs off has limited their staff down which has made the process slower :(

This has all been said before.
But tbh, since mythic first said to wipe the player base insted of trying to restore - which would you have prefered?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

well, wipe and roll back was what mythic said no? so you would have gotten your char a week back in time, but honestly.. wouldnt that been better overall? Insted of letting people wait for 6 months on there items the non effected could have offerd a week of there play time, maybe just me that think so and yes, I cant say for sure it would have been a week. But better get the server back up runing asap so the population stays, the things you have done during the time that would been lost should not be to hard to redo.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Monk wrote: i understand there is alot of flaming going on against goa and i hope that the mods dont see this post as such. its simply a fact GOA lied, and not in a oh we cant do anything about this type lie, they could postpone clustering till it was fixed, but they didnt. that is a lie!
you won't get anywhere with this kind of language because your not really trying to understand the situation. Now I am not in the position many of you are in so I cannot figure out how you feel and I am sure I would also be furious. However this kind of post is a retrograde step.

They explained why clustering went ahead over and over again and tbh they had the right reasons. It made sense. They are allowed to respond to changing circumstances and they can revise their plans. What they told you was their plans and then they told us that those plans had been revised. I cannot see that as a lie.

I do think it sucks but like GOA people have said over and over again they also think it sucks. A post from them would be nice to update people on the size of the issue and how it is progressing but like Nana has said they are down staff at the moment or at least have been recently.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Heta wrote:well, wipe and roll back was what mythic said no? so you would have gotten your char a week back in time, but honestly.. wouldnt that been better overall? Insted of letting people wait for 6 months on there items the non effected could have offerd a week of there play time, maybe just me that think so and yes, I cant say for sure it would have been a week. But better get the server back up runing asap so the population stays, the things you have done during the time that would been lost should not be to hard to redo.
it would have been two weeks as far as I remember. Although the vague info from a certain U.S. source led them to go for the restore answer and well the rest is history. Yes roll back would have been better.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Banana wrote:they have posted in the past regarding this.
They cant really post 'everything still going as slow as it was before' in every news :/
it sux but the reason they arnt posting is cuz..well there prolly ISNT anything new to post.
Why not post once a month ? Even if things are the same as before, even if progress is slow - at least it lets those still waiting that they have not been forgotten.

The reason this thread has been made is because people are annoyed at the time they have waited and have no idea what is going on, how big the queue is and how long they will need to keep waiting. GOA clearly cannot answer all those points (although it would be nice) but a quick two line comment may just keep frustrations down a little.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

OK the reply from GOA i got can you check that your ticket is still open and valid.

There is a chance that the GM's requested more information if you didnt reply or get back to them they asume the problem is fixed and close the ticket.

SO Can everyone who is still waiting please check they havnt got any questions open on their ticket.

Also they are clearing them as fast as possible but it should be done soon (i wont give times or dates because i dont know for sure)

If your ticket is still open then dont request another one as it causes more headaches. Also like norcott says if you play on glast/excal 24/7 then the gms will be unable to log in your account to put stuff on.

Anywho thats the reply i got
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Thanks for the update Warky.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Banana wrote:This has all been said before.
But tbh, since mythic first said to wipe the player base insted of trying to restore - which would you have prefered?
Think this particular quote from mythic was a bit of spin, perhaps it was said by someone at mythic, but in a different context. No one could ever of thought this was a tenable solution. If they had wiped the player base prydwen would no longer be here.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

awarkle wrote:OK the reply from GOA i got can you check that your ticket is still open and valid.

have checked this frequently and it has been open the whole time.

Still it dosent matter to me now really as I have made a new Template and aint using the stuff I did earlier, couldent really wait anylonger for the Items to be returned, still I waited for a rather long time, as I recently remade the Temp as DR came out.

luckily for me it was only 1 item missing from my main RvR char, and I could play without it really, if everything on my main had been destroyed I would have left the game already.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”