ok...what!?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sharkith wrote:rrp = "recommended retail price" that does not mean they have to sell it at that price. They could charge £100 if they wanted to be honest.

I don't get this I really don't get it tbh. Its not such a big deal.

Sharkith

You missed the whole point though. RRP is indeed recommended retail price, but what is NOT on is misquoting the rrp. There is only one company can set the rrp, in this case GOA (or their representatives).

Play are misquoting the rrp, and in the process making their price look better than it really is. This is misleading the public and is not allowed under trading standards.

You are right, it isn't such a big deal, to those of us who don't pay attention to the rrp. There are a lot of people who think just because something is cheaper than the rrp they are getting a good deal, and it is these people who are being ripped off.

I don't really feel that strongly, but that doesn't mean we should just say it isn't a big deal so lets not talk about it, we should make peole aware of it so that they are fully aware of the facts.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Also interesting to note thet the rrp given by Requiel (£14.99) is different to that quoted from the Goa news page (£13.95). No wonder the sellers get confused :)

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

If you think play.com have the wrong rrp, why not just email them? Its just a bit of confusion.

<grins> and by the way, I think play.com address is Jersey, so they are presumably governed by Jersey law. Oddly enough, Jersey has had a distinct judicial system and body of laws for 800 years. This was due to a bit of politics by King John.

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

ok told them their page was incorrect and that if they are in any doubt they should contact GoA :)
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

I think they key issue here is that a retailer sponsored by GoA's community website as a supplier of their latest product who have failed to take note of GoA's official rrp and GoA <apparently> is not attempting to resolve this <currently Illegal> situation. Trading standards apply's to all nations within the UK. Also I don't think there will be any thing in the laws from 800 years ago stating anything about trading standards other than 3 pigs = 1 cow or somthing...

Tbh tho goa should stop :bunneh: and get it sorted
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Jersey is still enacting laws and has its own trading standards with a web site. I'm just pointing out that presumably Jersey rather than English law would apply. Do not worry, they have a whole swathe of consumer protection laws, including such fascinating things as:-

Weights and Measures (Egg-Grading Machines) (Jersey) Order 1968
later amended by the
Weights and Measures (Egg-Grading Machines) (Amendment) (Jersey) Order, 1998

There are hundreds of others too. <giggles>

Anyway, trading standards aren't really involved unless play.com don't correct an error when you tell them. And bear in mind they have to go back to GOA and check what is right, so give them a reasonable chance to do that.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Incidentally Amazon also list the rrp for Darkness Rising at £19.99 and are selling it for £16.99. There is obviously some confusion.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Childofkhain wrote:I think they key issue here is that a retailer sponsored by GoA's community website as a supplier of their latest product who have failed to take note of GoA's official rrp and GoA <apparently> is not attempting to resolve this <currently Illegal> situation. Trading standards apply's to all nations within the UK. Also I don't think there will be any thing in the laws from 800 years ago stating anything about trading standards other than 3 pigs = 1 cow or somthing...

Tbh tho goa should stop :bunneh: and get it sorted
yknow

this reminds me of the guy who went to the police and told them they need to fine people who ride their bikes on the pavement insted of like yknow..catching rapists and murderers.

Im sure GoA have much more better things to do then checking to make sure people are using the RRP
Obviously in a brilliant world they would have the time etc but they dont.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Kallima wrote:Incidentally Amazon also list the rrp for Darkness Rising at £19.99 and are selling it for £16.99. There is obviously some confusion.

Since both have the same £19.99 figure, I would guess that at some point Goa gave them the price, and in the intervening time have decided to reduce the price.

I imagine it would be a while before Play and Amazon catch up, especially in the Computer Games section where rrps mean less than the paper they are written on (and remember they aren't written on paper in this case :P )

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Since both have the same £19.99 figure, I would guess that at some point Goa gave them the price, and in the intervening time have decided to reduce the price.
Don't be silly, GOA has a flawless history, they get every single thing right ever, it's clearly totally Play's fault :p

Seriously though, comparing Play.com's history of delivering around 200 DVDs to me without getting a single order wrong or Amazon delivering around 50 books without fault and comparing to GOA's history of almost weekly screw-ups, I'm not a gambling type but I'd sure as hell put money on who's at fault on this one, it's almost a sure fire win :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”