ok...what!?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Requiel makes sence!

And who cares for distribution w/ digital download available! I have german DAoC box, english SI box and broken ToA box, may aswell survive w/o DR box :P
But than, since DD distribution cost is much lower and price (I guess) will most likely be the same, you should send us t-shirts once we send you our CC numbers! I'd like a t-shirt for our next g33k meeting!
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

jep it all makes sense here and is more complicated than I care to worry about. Like I said people can get playing it at some stage.

I can't understand all this panic and whine.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Requiel wrote:We will never roll out a major release or a patch on a Friday. It's just asking for trouble. We get nervous about Thursdays too. That's why most expansions and patches are scheduled for a Wednesday. We get two days before hand to do final checks and preparations and two days afterwards when we have access to devs in case things need fixing in a hurry.
The European roll out of DR - including the UK - is Wednesday 1st Feb however due to an agreement in the UK between distributors (mostly), games are nearly always released on a Friday. This is to massage sales charts a bit. If a game is released on a Wednesday it gets two days of the current sales chart and can look like a flop as a result whereas if it's released on a Friday it gets a full week of sales and therefore the numbers look better to those who care about that kind of thing. This doesn't affect the date that we send stock to distributors etc, they will be getting their boxes at the exact same time as companies on the Continent and we supply them with the same official release date.
As regards the RRP, as noted before, this is a recommended price only and retailers are allowed to set the price they like within fairly broad limits. The official RRP is £14.99 or 19.99€ as given on our site.
I know it probably wouldn't work, but have to considered suggesting to UK retailers (and anyone else who wants to) that they release the game on the previous Friday. You would have to put a big sticker on the box saying "Expansion will not be enabled on the servers until Wednesday Febuary 1st 2006". Since it is an expansion, it already requires that the person buying the game have a copy of the original. This means that they probably already know when the servers are being enabled. This ensures that everyone can be patched and ready for the server to go online.

It would also give absolutely new players a chance to see some of the game for the few days before the expansion is enabled. I assume that they are pointed to the web site to get the previous expansions/main account ? It would have to be possible to use the DR client on the old world until the expansion is activated, so that new players can actually connect without a massive download (or you could include the Catacombs client on the DVD or something).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

Requiel: thank you for your reply, However I would therefor like either you or somone at GoA to lodge a complaint with the tradings standards OR to contact Play.com <who i have now found linked to from your site> for quoting the wrong RRP, play are currently quoting £19.99 rrp. This is a breach of trading as they are not quoting the true rrp and thus tricking people into believing they will be paying a lowerprice for a product that its rrp.

Oh and the date I am aware of always being on a friday but perhaps saying somthing like our launch date is blah but uk launch dates will be as usual the following friday ;) Also this doesnt bother me its more the price :D
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

tbh
i always thought they released on a friday
as more peeps likely to buy as weekend so peeps can go shopping ;)
sometimes you have to venture past the shops close to you and into a proper shopping precinct to get games and most people only do that at the weekends ;)
Videos tend to be released on a monday but thats ok as most people can get videos anywhere :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[quote="Xcerus"]Requiel: thank you for your reply, However I would therefor like either you or somone at GoA to lodge a complaint with the tradings standards OR to contact Play.com <who i have now found linked to from your site> for quoting the wrong RRP, play are currently quoting £19.99 rrp. This is a breach of trading as they are not quoting the true rrp and thus tricking people into believing they will be paying a lowerprice for a product that its rrp.

Oh and the date I am aware of always being on a friday but perhaps saying somthing like our launch date is blah but uk launch dates will be as usual the following friday ]

If you feel so strongly there is nothing stopping you complaining to Trading Standards, it doesn't need to be GOA.

I have to be honest I never take any notice of rrps so it doesn't particualrly bother me. I always check what prices are in 3 online places before I buy anything, usually Amazon, Play and PC world (IF PC world is as cheap then I go to the store so I don't have to wait for delivery :P ).

I think this has bought to light where the online retailers are doing wrong, in that they are assuming a RRP before there is an official one when they are advertising products that haven't been released.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

rrp = "recommended retail price" that does not mean they have to sell it at that price. They could charge £100 if they wanted to be honest.

I don't get this I really don't get it tbh. Its not such a big deal.

Sharkith

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Sharkith wrote:rrp = "recommended retail price" that does not mean they have to sell it at that price. They could charge £100 if they wanted to be honest.

I don't get this I really don't get it tbh. Its not such a big deal.

Sharkith
very true.. but people do love a reason to have go at ...... <insert company names to suit>
makes no real difference does it really.. whether its £19.99, £14.99, or whatever in Euros ... youll still buy it.
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Norcott wrote:very true.. but people do love a reason to have go at ...... <insert company names to suit>
makes no real difference does it really.. whether its £19.99, £14.99, or whatever in Euros ... youll still buy it.
for the unicorn :satyn1:

seeing that unicorn in tnn

I WANT ONE!!!
:)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

We are human , we make mistakes.. except me !:mwahaha:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”