ok...what!?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xcerus
Emerald Rider

ok...what!?

Post by Xcerus »

Friday news:
Darkness Rising's box set
The Darkness Rising box sets are being dispatched towards the distribution network but you can already discover what they look like. In the box set, besides the two CD-Roms of the expansion and the manual, you will find a poster of Darkness Rising. The box set will be available in retail shops on the 1st of February, day of the launching of the expansion on our servers, but can also be pre-ordered on online shop websites (some of them offer a T-shirt). The recommended sell price is £13.95 (€19.99). Those who wish to download the expansion and buy an online licence will also be able to do so on the 1st of February !

Fair enough, sounds awesom imo! and that is a seriously cheap price for the game in the uk...but it sounds a little too good to be true... So I head over to play.com and what do I get?

our price: £14.99 Delivered

availability: Due for release on 03/02/2006
RRP: £19.99 You save: £5.00 (25%)

. . .

I have noticed 3 flaws in goa's announcement... "can you see what it is yet?"
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

ye.... play.com dont offer the T-Shirt... lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

you got me I am lost :(

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

you will still be able to download on 1/2 :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

its early - whats the problem some of the dates don't match :s
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

the RRP dont match either

not sure what the 3rd one is.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Heh in Sweden the box will cost 15euro :)

Edit:
recomended price is just what it says. A recomendation. Everyone are able to set their own price.
Afaik the uk doesnt release games on wed so that´s why they have a different date.
T-shirt thing is just a fluff so that you will order it on GOAs page. hence the little higher price aswell then the recomended one. I am sure other online stores will have that offer aswell and alittle higher price.

Tbh don´t throw mud on GOA because play.com doesnt put the recomended price and doesnt launch it the date it´s released.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I can't see anything wrong with the Goa release.

I do see plenty wrong with the Play.com info.

The release date is standard UK marketing crap. All release dates are on a Friday, this discussion happens with every new release.

The price is probably either what play.com expected, or what they were told before the recent announcement. They are perfectly entitled to sell above the rrp, but I am sure the quoted rrp will change when they find out what Goa have said. Certainly will if / when Trading Standards have a word :o

Amazon.co.uk have the same rrp quoted but are charging even more, check out their release date too...

"
Dark Age of Camelot: Darkness Rising Expansion Pack (PC)
Other products by Digital Jesters
RRP: £19.99
Our Price: £16.99
You Save: £3.00 (15%)

Platform: Windows 98.Windows NT.Windows Me.Windows XP
This item will be released on March 3, 2006. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier. Please note that release dates are subject to change.
"

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

so buy it from GOA ? I can't see the problem tbh theres no point wetting one's self over expansions.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

the shop where i buy it from in belgium sells it for 19.99euro's so ... dont know about a T-shirt of poster or anything like that. ;)

But have to agree, no point in throwing mud at GOA if its play.com messing up.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”