Lifetime Subscriptions...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster

Would you be interested in buying a "lifetime" DAoC subscription?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:25 pm

No
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 58

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

Ummm seems totally pointless to invest 300£ to save 100£ in 4 years.
Besides the company could go bankrupt, you could die, you could get bored of game, etc etc...
I dont think its a good idea to make very long term deals in a human's life, unless its a "very very" good deal. Reason is simple, life changes too fast you cant see whats coming in a week or even tomorrow...
Balu of the Jungle

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

same here satyn
altho i pay a 3 month sub, realilisticly i really only play about 2.5 months ouch of the 3, an i dont really mind if im at a loss.. or in a profit, im paying to play a game i love to play, an if im at a loss an its goa's gain then so what, atleast its helping them to keep the game "i love to play" alive
so what.. we loss.. 5.. 10.. maybe even 15 or 20 euro.. in a 3 month period...who gives a dam, altho i do agree with the lifetime subs plan i dont really think many ppl wood realisticaly go for it if the price was to high... an if it was to low then goa is knda..."screwed" for lak of the better term

But i dont know.. its good, but not.. it has its pros an cons.. but i think GOA should be the ones to judge

veg out
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

irl marriage is enough as for lifetime subscriptions imo :D
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

i would rather have a steady income than one very big and then nothing or very little. I think the same goes for Mythic.

Lets say that most people start out with 1month subs then after maybe 3-5 months the players who got bored or didnt like the game left and maybe 80% are still there out of the 80% maybe 30% will buy a life sub. At this time mythic may have a plan how long the game will be out but again they cant be sure. They now have a smaller monthly income but more cash at hand, which isnt always a good thing. If then the company comes with something worse than ToA they might lose a great deal of gamers and a lot of the income. They now choose to stop making patches becahse the game were a flop. How would the 30% who bought life subs feel? if it were me i would feel ripped. Then if come with a life sub this late in a game no one would buy it because the game is getting old and who would pay overprice for the last year or two maybe three you would be playing.

Just my thoughts on the subject
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”