I prolly should just be quiet ....

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

I prolly should just be quiet ....

Post by Satyn »

but I wont.

Its about time that ppl stop and think before they type something. Stop stiring things up, stop the bloody sarcasm and get a grip. Dont use every post being made to lash out on Goa, been there done that and its getting boring.
I love this forum to bits but if its gona stay like this i'm gone pack up and leave.
There cant be one serious discussion anymore without ppl bitching at each other. Come on, we're supposed to be a community here, where is it?!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Satyn wrote:but I wont.

Its about time that ppl stop and think before they type something. Stop stiring things up, stop the bloody sarcasm and get a grip. Dont use every post being made to lash out on Goa, been there done that and its getting boring.
I love this forum to bits but if its gona stay like this i'm gone pack up and leave.
There cant be one serious discussion anymore without ppl bitching at each other. Come on, we're supposed to be a community here, where is it?!
And telling us that you will leave if we dont do what you want is alot more mature? Surely it will in no way help the cumminity if you simple walk away when trouble comes by.

Think its hard to get around conflicts on a forum like this, and its simple a matter of mods using the abilities they have to try keep it down. Though i must say some threads are actually better if there is intens conflicts, it make the discussion seem more alive and you can actually see that people care or have an issue concerning what they are trying to debate.
Of course, random insults are waste of letters and space, and i dont see much of those tbh, and the few there is, im sure mods can take care of.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Keriwin
Emerald Rider

Post by Keriwin »

Hrymf wrote:And telling us that you will leave if we dont do what you want is alot more mature? Surely it will in no way help the cumminity if you simple walk away when trouble comes by.
sex on the brain!!! probs lack of more like it though :)

*hugs Satyn*
Keriwin - Warrior
<<Lost Vikings>>
<<<Midgard-Lancelot>>>

Keriwin - Vampiir
<<Na Fianna Dragun >>
<<<Hibernia-Prydwen>>>

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Think the main deal is

People have enough to deal with in their real life as it is. They play DAoC to enjoy themselves and to relax from whatever could be going on (or cuz they just like playing female elves..) but for whatever reason they dont want to make a post regarding something knowing it could be turned against them/picked on/turn into a flame war so technically those people wont post something that could be quite valuable to the rest of the community simply cuz people wont read what they type before pressing -post-
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

It's easy to accuse someone public from behind the anonimity of a forum - things they would never say from person to person.

Unfortunately this is a problem in our society. Only thing to do is to lead by example and hope that the flamers get a grip in life and adopt a different role model.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

djees you really think my ego is that big that i would think if i say: boys behave or i will leave ... that you actually will behave? Thats what i mean with get a grip. Its all starting become very boring very fast.

Dont judje ppl if you dont know nothing about them and that is what is happening here.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Banana wrote:Think the main deal is

People have enough to deal with in their real life as it is. They play DAoC to enjoy themselves and to relax from whatever could be going on (or cuz they just like playing female elves..) but for whatever reason they dont want to make a post regarding something knowing it could be turned against them/picked on/turn into a flame war so technically those people wont post something that could be quite valuable to the rest of the community simply cuz people wont read what they type before pressing -post-
yes, i noticed a lot of ppl have stopped posting cos they get they nose bitten off every time they do finally make an attempt to give their opinion and that has to stop. Everyone has a right to their opinion and nobody has the right to bitch at them for that opinion.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I havn't posted much on the Hibernia Discussion forum here recently because well .... tons & tons of whining & bitching. OK the service has been VERY bad some of the time, but if I keep reading the same whines & bitching over & over & over & over again it doesn't make me happy, & then I start whining & bitching myself & I REALLY HATE it when I start whining & bitching :p

I wish it would stop & get back to how it used to be here - a really nice friendly community.

Just my 2c.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Satyn wrote:yes, i noticed a lot of ppl have stopped posting cos they get they nose bitten off every time they do finally make an attempt to give their opinion and that has to stop. Everyone has a right to their opinion and nobody has the right to bitch at them for that opinion.

It's a fine line between bitching at someones opinion and expressing a counter opinion.

I agree no one has a right to bitch at someone for their opinion, but they do have a right to put forward their own opinion in the discussion.

That is exactly the sort of reason why I don't believe in swearing on forums, and indeed why I have often commented about the tone contained in posts. It is often not the content that offends, only the tone which is never made better by using swear words!

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Banana wrote:Think the main deal is

Totally agree.
Ovi wrote:It's a fine line between bitching at someones opinion and expressing a counter opinion.

I agree no one has a right to bitch at someone for their opinion, but they do have a right to put forward their own opinion in the discussion.

That is exactly the sort of reason why I don't believe in swearing on forums, and indeed why I have often commented about the tone contained in posts. It is often not the content that offends, only the tone which is never made better by using swear words!
And I agree with this too. Discussion is fine, its the tone that is sometimes a problem. Say your side of something, no need to say someone is retard or talking crap just because their opinion is different to yours. Thats not really high level debate. And it does deter people from posting.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”