New to Hibernia Prydwen.net?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

New to Hibernia Prydwen.net?

Post by Sharkith »

Hi folks,

now the dust has settled and we have our forums back thanks to the wonderful Banana :) I thought I would report back on my first evenings session gathering together all the low level waifs and strays who had just arrived in Hibernia Prydwen.

I started the evening early by doing a /who 1, /who 2, etc to /who 10. At first I must have spammed quite a number of higher level players some of whom were just about to /level a new alt. All of them were polite and encouraging. Eventually I found several players - about five in all who were new to Hibernia Prydwen.

Some of them had already joined guilds whose reputation they had heard of before arriving here and others had actually already formed new guilds which I thought was a bit odd. Anyway those that were unguilded I promptly invited into the Marsh Horde and told them to be at Ardee later.

One or two of them were level five and were totally shocked at being asked to come to a group meeting later. I was getting personal messages saying things like "I have never even met someone since I started playing here" and "I have not had a group since coming here" were typical. Anyway I took a list of names and toild them all to be at Ardee later so we could go and have an exp group.

When I logged back on I then started spamming them again and started to spam a few others to come along. Some of these guys were from Alb Excaliber. I had to deal with a few strange requests like "Can we only farm above ground since my computer takes ages to zone etc." or "Do you know anyone who can power level me I have a 50 alt on Midgard Excaliber?"

The evening went very well several of the guys got three levels and a few others got a few more. The person with the quirky machine also had a quirky character but when he had to go to bed at 9.30pm it all seemed to settle down. I finished the session at 10.30pm.

All in all it was a success and they definitely appreciated it however there has been no event since then and that was over two weeks ago. I am away next week and might only have two nights gaming so if others would like to do this or at least try it please do. You will no doubt enjoy the session but be tolerant. The biggest thing I noticed was that the expectations of new players varies enourmously and this means they can appear rude to or so overjoyed at seeing someone else to group with. You have to be relaxed about it.

The impact was that some of these guys did start getting together more often after that evening and I know they are still doing this. I will be looking them up after next week when I get back.

Sorry for the long post but I am determined to bring the issue up again. I have some questions I would like people to think about if possible:

Would some other people like to try doing this once every two weeks?

When I do it again which guilds would like me to send them new members? The more we all take the better. Not every player is suited to the Marsh Horde for example and a lot of other guilds offer a different gaming environment. I feel that we would all benefit from this sort of thing so I am willing to send you new people if you would like to have them?

:)

kind regards

Sharkith

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

nice move Sharkith :)

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Ricey

Post by Ricey »

Hi Sharkith,

I'd love to help. If you can't see Ricey**** or WeeFella on line, just ask someone in The Wild Hunt to give me a kick.

Ricey
Ricey...the original Capitalist BloodSucker
and not forgetting Weefella

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Hiya sharkith
id be happy to talk to new people to the realm about becoming HDS members.. dont be sending me no idiots though.. like "/gu I want pling. or theyll get told to f.o. but happy to speak to nice people, bear in mind we have the Almighty Cuch in HDS.. and he does have a tendancy of making people cry when he bellows.. ;) hehe
Norc.
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

just a little tip. <grin>

/who 1 5 will show everyone between that level range.

Also useful for looking for people around your season, for example if youe 20th season you can do /who 18 23 to find people to group with.

Had a nice advice section for new players in the old prydwen.net hopefully it can be transfered?

Good luck with the groups.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Just a warning
Luris bite :(

(Specialy Aran :))

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

need help exping i could bring animist \o/
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

Hiya sharkith

Juts to add that the DBMs are always looking for new people see Our Forum and most are very happy to talk with and group with others. If help is needed give anyone in guild a shout and see what if anything can be arranged.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

Old.Evulweebeastie wrote:need help exping i could bring animist \o/
I think the idea is NOT to PL them but to give them a nice introduction to the realm and their character.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

Well I can come anyways :D and buff etc spam BT \o/
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”