Parry question...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

As said above, Parry has limited use in FG RVR. I would personally go for 50/50/28 spec on a Dual Wield char simply to make sure WS was as high as possible and you won't miss the points in parry anyway.

Same reason most BMs spec 50/50/28, even though they can spec shield :o

If you prefer to solo then the Wyrd spec is probably better since there is limited return from the Weapon spec above 50 inc bonuses (As long as you use styles from the Dual Wield spec!), and you will benefit from Parry as you will be being hit upon.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

A bug about Wyrd spec is that in Duel wield lines are that there lvl 50 style works on mainhand ws and not duel wield ws. So by having 36 or less in the main hand line you lose out on the ws when using the lvl 50 style. This is less problem for mids and hibs but a serious problem if you are an alb as one of there main styles when beeing duel wielder is the lvl 50 style. Mythic is aware of this and have admited it beeing like this, so its nothing that is made up. And they are 'looking into it' atm
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

as said only reason to bother with parry would be if your soloing or duoing.

as far as i remember this is how it works. plz say if i am wrong :) not sure about it at all a long time since i played a tank ;)

if you got 30% parry.

1person hitting on you = 30% parry
2persons = 15% on each
3persons = 10% on each

If you got 30% block
it'll work the same way with a small shield. However with a medium it will first begin decreasing after 2 and with large after 3 persons hitting on you.

Then again i think that styles after block tend to be better than those after parry.

both parry and block uses dex as skill to calculate chance to parry/block. tho most classes that uses spec points in parry do so after getting best possible dps. Which leave them with little parry skill most at 28. Hero/Arms/(prob also warrior) normally dont have much dex when using 2h/pole weap which give them a poor chance to parry. Same goes for Merc/BM(prob also Zerker) as most have 0 dex because str, con, quick, Toa bonuses and sists are better tradeoffs when making a temp.

That the main reasons people dont think about parry. then again you have to have someone standing in front of you which imo only happens when your groups dead and if you desided to face the assist train to get it over.

I only remember that my arms parried once in the time i played it in RvR and that was toe to toe with another tank in some zerg battle pre NF. However i have blocked countless times in the same time and the only difference should be 7%
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

For group RvR, forget parry .... period.

For duels, parry is great, especially if you have an off-parry stun.

For PvE, parry is nice but killing things faster usually better anyway. Besides, Advanced Evade > all.

Can't go wrong with 50 wep, 50 LA, 28 parry.

Gandelf

Axe Choice?

Post by Gandelf »

Thanks for the feedback.

One last question... Considering a Norseman Berserker, specced Left/Axe and Axe, which of the following are the best axes to choose, for...
1. Left Axe
2. Axe
3. Two handed

All of the axes are Arcanium

name_______________________spd____dps____hand
hand axe____________________2.4____15.0___r/l
bearded axe_________________2.7____15.3___r/l
war axe_____________________3.1____15.6___r/l
spiked axe___________________3.7____15.8___r
double bladed axe____________4.2____16.1___r
cleaver_____________________4.0____16.5___r/l
weighted bearded axe_________2.9____16.5___r/l
large axe____________________4.7____15.8___2h
great axe____________________5.5____16.1___2h
war cleaver__________________5.3____16.5___2h
weighted double bladed axe____4.2____16.5___r
exceptional double bladed axe__3.7____16.5___r
fortified double bladed axe_____3.2____16.5___r
exceptional battle axe________5.5____16.5___2h
fortified battle axe___________5.0____16.5___2h
exceptional hatchet __________3.4____16.5___r/l

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Champion weapon for mainhand.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Champion weapon for mainhand.

OK, disregarding Champion weapons.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Gandelf wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

One last question... Considering a Norseman Berserker, specced Left/Axe and Axe, which of the following are the best axes to choose, for...
1. Left Axe
2. Axe
3. Two handed
the question is, what you want to do with your Berserker,you go solo you go group spec way?
all of these has theire up and down's, test what speed you like on the way to level 50, you should know then what you need.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

As a zerk gp 50/50/28 and just skip adding any +weapon on SC. Save alot of space for other stuff.

even though, I ran with 31+15 parry with MoParry 3 on my valk for a while and solo it´s sooooo funny. To bad my only off parry chain suck balls.

For weapon choice u want the fastest offhand and the slowest mainhand available.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

only be careful that you dont go over the wspeed cap, there are some calculators around for this

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”