interesting link for catacombs

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

Incorrect. My main complaint has been all along (and still is), that I have paid for something I have yet not received. Perhaps this can be blaimed on extremely bad luck where I somehow managed to time my ordering and entering my payment details to coincide with DLGamer updating the site and putting the download on 'pre-order' status. Nevertheless, what happened is that the first email I received was after entering all payment details and only after having done so did I find out that there is a 'pre-order' status due to people not downloading at speeds which are en par with the service DLGamer wish to provide. Several hours later I then received the next email asking me to confirm my order which included the "confirm your order" link. That I have done and am still awaiting further notice.

I fail to see how anybody would not be disappointed having done what I did as the way I see it my only options now are to email DLGamer trying to cancel my order and get a refund (which means I have to wait until I get some sort of reply from them) or wait until I get further notification about how to proceed with my download. Both cases mean waiting indefintely until I receive notice. Had I known before paying for the download that this would be the case, I would have chosen not to order.

"Also, looking over your posts yet again, you received the same e-mail as myself, within minutes of me placing my second order request, which can only mean that you didn't put the payment details in, cause their site won't have let you put the details in (as in the credit card number, expiry etc, through a https site) if it was on pre-order status and not on available status."

Eeeh...again you are mistaken. Where did you get this information? Me entering my payment details and then finding out the game is on pre-order status is exactly what happened (look above).

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

The download is the normal english EU version right???

EDIT: Jeeees... my pre-order will go through 29th... think I can get it earlier than that in the shops...

Monk
Emerald Rider

Post by Monk »

VidX wrote:Yeah, DLGamer is set as an official partner it seems, and I just got 3 copies from there, and I'm now ingame within 15 minutes of clicking the 'confirm' button :)

OFC, I had client patched and ready since beta, so I sorta cheated that way hehe

I would recommend downloading the entire client, but if you are really desperate to get ingame as soon as possible, you can just patch your TOA folder to a Catacombs one, simply by opening the update.dat file in your TOA folder, and on line 2 and 3 where it says the word 'atlantis', change that to 'catacombs' so that it reads like this:

If you are copying + pasting the above, make sure there is no spaces at the end of each line, otherwise it might not work!!!

This way it's approx a 900mb patch, but I'd still get the actual .exe download as well incase you need to re-install.

do you need a copy of the toa file seperate from catacombs or can you just patch straight onto toa folder?
~~~GM of Fallen Spirits - Prydwen~~~
Spetsnaz lvl50 Celt Valewalker 6l2 -Currently Main
Nicholai lvl 50 Elf Ranger 4l0
Moscow lvl 50 Shar Vampiir 3l8
Vanyia lvl 50 Celt Druid 3l2
Aequitas lvl 50 Shar Hero 2l0 - running old school epic!
Trident lvl 45 Elf Chanter 1l5

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

any1 no of anyshops selling the game yet btw in the uk ?
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Dotster wrote:any1 no of anyshops selling the game yet btw in the uk ?
it wont be sold in uk til 1st april. only way to get it before then is fromDLgamer (whos entire stock is now on preorder)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Banana wrote:it wont be sold in uk til 1st april. only way to get it before then is fromDLgamer (whos entire stock is now on preorder)

was a bit curious yesterday and made an account then pre-orderd it...well just checked my mail again and didnt get a mail to tell me i could start downloading or even if or when I could do it. Think those ppl are over their heads atm :( good job they have done tho but i'm going to be very patient and wait till its in the shops :) :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

Banana wrote:it wont be sold in uk til 1st april. only way to get it before then is fromDLgamer (whos entire stock is now on preorder)

im just wodering who is actually stocking the game in the uk as game in most shops say it is not on there list but it says on there web page so maybe game are only doing a delivery service
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Satyn wrote:was a bit curious yesterday and made an account then pre-orderd it...well just checked my mail again and didnt get a mail to tell me i could start downloading or even if or when I could do it. Think those ppl are over their heads atm :( good job they have done tho but i'm going to be very patient and wait till its in the shops :) :)
DLgamer have run out of CD-keys, so they can't give anymore out. I would assume that most people who have CD-keys from them have either downloaded it from them or did the trick to DL from GOA or Mythic.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Just to give you my experience of dlgamer.

I used it and got the link and the cd key within minutes so I did not suffer as Hats did which seems to be a case of extremely bad timing.

The download speed was awful and having checked and double checked my system, my bband and everything else I could, it seemed to be from their end - something i put down to the masses of people who are likely to be using their service.

Having left my pc on overnight and after 14 hrs of download the datastream stopped - somehow the files I had downloaded were corrupt.

I emailed the help desk and within 20 mins had a response (damn good going).

I tried again on the download and still suffered dial up download speeds on my bband so have resorted to the quick update variation.

It seems to me this type of service is never going to run smoothly. I generally kind of half blame GOA for things just because I wonder how often their "its never our fault and their is nothing we can do" comments are actually true - but have to say that the efforts to get the download service up so quickly were good and were never likely to be 100% effective.

Those of you who have actually xp'd the old fashioned way appreciate patience and waiting a week for a catacombs cd is not all that bad - maybe not ideal, maybe not what you had planned for, but not bad. Maybe the anticipation will make it all the sweeter. :coffee:
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”