French Classic Sever... Requiel please read

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

One point tho' - english being the language of the server means you're supposed to speak it in public channels or just the txt descriptions are in english?
The language in the public channels are English, not just the text, that's the generel idea, but as said, just quit starter guild and ignore broad/pm's/ect in other languages.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Saisissez l'occasion d'apprendre du français, you narrow-minded creature. :P
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

VidX

Post by VidX »

Gandelf wrote:It's doing my head in listening to all the racist chat on Glastonbury.

All I hear is "This is an English server. If you're French, please make a separate cg!"

The English and French are just as bad as each other and so intolerant.

I beg of GOA to please make a French Classic server. It's the only way. It's really spoiling the game hearing all the racist chat!

You MUST create a French Classic server.

The French say that they didn't want a Classic server, yet there are hundreds of French Players on Glastonbury (I say that with respect to the French).
Think you might find that GOA have stopped reading Pryd.net, don't blame them, it's worse than FH at the minute.

GOA would have opened a French server if they felt the need/demand for it, they didn't. If, after a while, there is a demand then they might open one, might not.
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

VidX wrote:Think you might find that GOA have stopped reading Pryd.net, don't blame them, it's worse than FH at the minute.
:(

why does everyone keep sayng that :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

gandelf wrote:All I'm saying is that it's somewhat annoying listening to the French and English having a go at eacher every 5 seconds.
then do like i did: /gc quit

oh and another thing, you might want to start useing the right-now option for things like this, if you want to adress something to goa dont count on it that they will auto read it here but just send it to them.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gattling
Emerald Rider

Post by Gattling »

Tbh I don't see why the French or Germans should be considered differently. We don't have a Dutch server or speak Dutch in /as or whatever. Be glad these are Euro servers and you actually might have a choice of language. US based games don't have that.. it's English, and no one has a problem with it. If it's an Asian game be prepared to be misunderstood.

But the first thing any German will do in a new game is ask (in German ofcourse) if there's more Germans there, French do the same... wtf. I don't go in to a new game and start yelling "ANYONE WITH RED HAIR, i HAVE RED HAIR MYSELF, SO IT'D BE COOL TO KNOW IF YOU'RE RED TOO!!!!!!! WE CAN MAKE A GUILD, ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH RED HAIR!!!!!!one"

wtf
Gattling - ML10 RR3 ranger <-- easy RPS :ranger:
Phenomenal - 50 ML5 RR2 Druid
Soraellion - 50 Mentalist
Skilless - 3~ Bard

<Tuatha dé Danann>

various Thid toons
various Alb/Excal toons

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Have already made a comment about this somewhere else but will post briefly what I think.

I do not mind french people in general, what I do mind is their arrogant behaviour when it comes to language. If they spam their own grp chat channels or whatever... fine! But when they are spamming the PUBLIC channels on and ENGLISH server with a different language than intended then it is getting quite annoying. When I go to play prydwen I dont expect people there to accept me spamming all channels with some norwegian stuff, nor do I log on to a german server and demand the germans to reply to me in my own language. Seems to me that that many french people think way. Other non-native english speakers seem to have no problem with talking english, why cant the french do the same? Because they are too proud of their language and their own culture?

It is no big issue for me really because I am probably not going to play on "classic" anyways, but wanted to state my opinion nevertheless. :)
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

As written in the CoC:
GOA accommodates servers in five different languages (English, French, German, italian and spanish). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels, please use the language of the server.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

There is only ONE solution for it: Make an Esperanto server !!!
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

centurion wrote:Other non-native english speakers seem to have no problem with talking english, why cant the french do the same? Because they are too proud of their language and their own culture?
Probably because the French are the worst linguists in Europe outside the UK - wouldn't be suprised if many actually don't speak good English (which hey, is maybe related to the above).
Mael, 50th ment.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”