come to belgium imo :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sharkith wrote:Well (good to have a clear discussion about it :))and this is the crunch issue. The restoration can all but stop and they could still be doing their best! They lost a member of staff a very dedicated member of staff we all knew that. In that news release they also indicated that this would affect the restoration. So the evidence is actually that all but stopped means - all but stopped (and we are trying to do our best ffs).

The thread actually establishs this and we did not know it before. Can you see the weight of evidence is that this is the right interpretation and Xalins English is in fact excellent?
All but halted I think was used in the way that any English person would have used it. It wasn't halted, but progress had slowed to a really low level.
Ovi wrote:3rd - 6th (4 days) : 265 restores 66/day
6th - 25th (19 days) : 38 restores 2/day !!!

Good job nothing is getting in the way of the No 1 priority, another couple of weeks at this slowdown rate they will have to start un-restoring characters.
Post dated 26th October, from This thread ... over 1 month ago... given the maths I would say "all but halted" was a fair summary?

Whilst we may not have known "from the horses mouth", we certainly knew it from the evidence in front of us.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Banana wrote:These are off the e&e boards. not a personal 1-2-1 conv.

Which are not open to public access? Therefore it isn't unreasonable for anyone with access to assume that anything posted would go no further?

Let's assume the Mods have a forum where you discussed this thread, and probably had a discussion about my input. Would you (and the other mods) be happy if someone took that and posted it here?

Would anyone in Hib be happy if someone posted details of a raid from the Secrets forum on FH?

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

ShiShi wrote:haha,
i benefit from it though :D
Haha well your not most people ShiShi ;)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Sharkith wrote:its exactly what we need imo
I am sure people talk to me less after RL meet's, or maybe it's me that talk's less :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Keriwin
Emerald Rider

Post by Keriwin »

Ovi listen, obviously your not happy with it and you've done your flaming... so no point in continuing.
Keriwin - Warrior
<<Lost Vikings>>
<<<Midgard-Lancelot>>>

Keriwin - Vampiir
<<Na Fianna Dragun >>
<<<Hibernia-Prydwen>>>

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Ovi wrote:Which are not open to public access? Therefore it isn't unreasonable for anyone with access to assume that anything posted would go no further?

Let's assume the Mods have a forum where you discussed this thread, and probably had a discussion about my input. Would you (and the other mods) be happy if someone took that and posted it here?

Would anyone in Hib be happy if someone posted details of a raid from the Secrets forum on FH?
Well to be frank, heirarchys around forums like the e&e forum have no reason not to be public. Infact its an insult that they are not and completely unneccessary. Unless you have a justifiable argument why you think that keriwin and takits and other e&e should be privy to information that the community isn't fit to see?

*edit
that isnt a dig at takits and keri btw, more illustration of why there is no need to even have the division
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Ovi wrote:Which are not open to public access? Therefore it isn't unreasonable for anyone with access to assume that anything posted would go no further?
Following the events of the past days, I think we have all learned: "If its not in the CoC/2 side agreement/any kind of legal crap like that, it doesn't exist!". If GOA didn't sign any kind of agreement with E&Es about this, I see it perfectly clear E&Es can do whatever they want with it :) Populistic? Yes, but so it is, when relations come down so deep, both parties feel the need to quote the contract :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Ovi wrote: Whilst we may not have known "from the horses mouth", we certainly knew it from the evidence in front of us.
excatly Ovi we suspected it and there was evidence to indicate it. But at a time when everyone is low, fed up and on a short fuse wouldn't it go some way to repair that lost confidence. Ok don't shout at me about this but I have shifed my attention to Eve now. This is one of the reasons why:

This is taken from Eve's development blog - they had trouble with their first issue of EON a magazine solely dedicated to their game:
Zapatero of EON wrote: The second issue of E-ON is now available for pre-order. The magazine is scheduled for publication early in January 2006, which means buyers can expect to receive their copies sometime before 2007 (j/k).

Let’s not beat about the bush, the late arrival of the magazine was something of a disappointment for quite a few people. It appears nearly everyone now has their copies of issue #001, but the fact that it took up to six weeks when it should have taken no more than a couple at most is embarrassing. I can only apologize once again and assure you that the same problems won’t re-occur.

For those who have faith in my assurances, we have decided to employ a different mailing house and rely (which we can) on the services of the UK’s Royal Mail. The upshot of this is that the cost of postage will rise slightly for some. Effective immediately, the postage price per issue for European customers will rise by 36 US cents, whilst for the USA and elsewhere this figure will increase by 35 US cents. UK postal rates remain the same. Those of you that have already subscribed will not have to pay any extra for postage, but we would ask everyone to allow up to three weeks for delivery (three weeks being the worst case scenario).

For those of you for which three weeks is too long, and who wish to take it up, we have arranged a deal with FedEx and can now offer an express shipping option. The cost of this is $24.30 per issue. Expensive yes, but you will be able to track your order (using a tracking number which will be emailed to you upon shipment) and you will receive the magazine within two working days of publication date or order, whichever is the latter. This offer is only available to European, Canadian or US residents. Those living outside these areas who wish to take advantage of the express shipping option or current subscribers who wish to upgrade their postal options to express shipping can do so by emailing eon@mmmpublishing.

There is another reason for the postage price rise, apart from us using Royal Mail to deliver the goods: E-ON Issue #002 will be BIGGER, with the number of pages increasing from 68 to 76. It gets better: for those that pre-order a subscription before 4th January 2006, we will be treating you to a set of six exclusive postcard prints of rare ships. (Those who have already taken out a 4-issue subscription will also be receiving these cards, but thereafter we do not plan to backdate subscription offers.)

Delays aside, E-ON #001 was a great success. Feedback has been worryingly positive. I say worryingly because, having played EVE so long, alarm bells start ringing when players are content about something. To offset my paranoia we’re going all out to improve the magazine in terms of variety and content. Of course there have been a few negative comments too, but all those who’ve posted feedback have been more than constructive and I would like to thank you all]

The first issue was a PR disaster - and look they admit it and are open about it. Most of the comments in response to this are positive.

Now why could GOA not have come clean with us and just have said it clearly and openly. We get vague communication and all it does is promote damaging speculation. The fact that someone confirms our suspicions is what this thread achieves. It is done at a moral cost because thats what happens when people blow thw whistle. Now you might feel that we did not gain enough to justify this. That would be a fair assessment. It is however Keirwins choice.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”