Ping Plotter

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I assume the server is 193.252.123.177 as that is the address you are pinging?

In which case the fault isn't the server as the packet loss is the jump before that, so Goa are correct that the server is stable :D

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Pretty sure it's something like this (Aka internal GOA problem)
Actually as Ovi pointed out this Pingplot shows that the wanadooportals-1.GW.opentransit.net router is the problem. Packages get to that point fine and also once they are send on it is fine (4). So Gahn this shows it is not a GOA problem...
finland:
holland:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:Actually as Ovi pointed out this Pingplot shows that the wanadooportals-1.GW.opentransit.net router is the problem. Packages get to that point fine and also once they are send on it is fine (4). So Gahn this shows it is not a GOA problem...
High latency are on last 2 hopes if u check it ^^
So Router to Goa Server Farm and Server itself.
Both part of Goa Platform.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Quinlan wrote:Actually as Ovi pointed out this Pingplot shows that the wanadooportals-1.GW.opentransit.net router is the problem. Packages get to that point fine and also once they are send on it is fine (4). So Gahn this shows it is not a GOA problem...
As per other threads, wanadoo owns goa. GOA is just a branch of wanadoo used to manage and market online games, after wanadoo sold off their offline games operation.

*edit
so it's a wanadoo problem (and hence a French Telecom problem), who's expertise is purportedly lies in ISP provision.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Gattling
Emerald Rider

Post by Gattling »

What you also need to understand is that pingplotter gets it wrong at times. If it can't determine where the problem lies it will just show it at the end of the line, in this case the GOA servers.

So, even when it shows that it's ONLY the server adress it MAY not be the real problem. Not saying that it CAN'T or WON't be the problem, it's just not sure.

Just a thought
Gattling - ML10 RR3 ranger <-- easy RPS :ranger:
Phenomenal - 50 ML5 RR2 Druid
Soraellion - 50 Mentalist
Skilless - 3~ Bard

<Tuatha dé Danann>

various Thid toons
various Alb/Excal toons

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

actually my ping plot is the same as Gahns (I can post it when I get home for clarification) Incidentally Quinn the one I have from Monday night shows the latency happening on the open.transit stage but I messed up the final ip so it is not valid. Its why I did not send it to them.

Monday nights seemed very different. otherwise I would not have started the thread because their statement yeasterday said otherwise. However essentially the plot I have is identical to Gahn's - if you can clarify for me the meaning of it I am happy to be 'informed' concerning the analysis.

It is interesting to note that GOA leave all of this interpretation to their customers and provide no information on what it all means. Surely you have to accept that leaving things like the interpretation of stats like this open to the customer base only serves to promote confusion?

Apart from that I am currently in agreement with Gahn it looks like the GOA platform from here both of the last stages are showing packet losses - if you can explain it please do. At least I might learn something! :)

regards

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gahn wrote:High latency are on last 2 hopes if u check it ^^
So Router to Goa Server Farm and Server itself.
Both part of Goa Platform.

You can pretty much ignore results after the first "problem" hop, since the chances are the problem hop stops any data afterwards being reliable.

You will notice I never said it wasn't Goa's fault, just that the server is stable ;)

Also the fact that the router before the problem is a Wanadoo router, the problem hop is likely to be the gateway between Wanadoo and GOA. Possibly implying that in fact it isn't GOAs fault at all :o

To take this further it also isn't OT since it's Wanadoo's router :o

Not sure Wanadoo ever got the blame before, but we now have another company in the frame for crap service, anyone would think they were all part of the same organisation ...

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Ovi"]You can pretty much ignore results after the first "problem" hop, since the chances are the problem hop stops any data afterwards being reliable.

You will notice I never said it wasn't Goa's fault, just that the server is stable ]

Let's try to point out a thing; since it's the very hope BEFORE their server, chances (erm) are that is the Connectivity Router Public IP Address of their Server Farm which is (obviosly) faulty (either that or the DCE) or the MAN Switch Port to whom is attached the Server Farm, so intrinsecally part of Goa platform, i mean it ain't a remote router at Frankfurt ...
That said, i'm sick of doing Network Monitoring for free for Goa, cause i got nuff of it on my normal work hours, so it's time they start to do things expected from a Network Service Provider.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”