Plea for Sanity

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:Well you mentioned time zones and the fact that populations are equal making any time zone argument completely void doesn't really have anything to do with personal opinions :p
I don't really understand this one. I said personal experience not opinions.

When I played on the US servers I found starting from scratch again with nothing and repeating stuff I had already done here got rather grim. The novelty wore off. The killer though, and the reason I quit rather than play there occasionally for fun, was the time zones. I had to stay up until past midnight if I wanted to have a conversation with my guild master or with 80% of the guild members, so I found time zones were a problem.

I quit playing US servers because of the time zone difference. Its not an opinion or an argument, its just the way it happened for me on US servers. Individual experience will be different. My school uniform was green, yours may have been a different colour.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ah fair enough, it's not a good idea to join a guild in a different time zone, you're right on that but as I say the populations are equal all the time so there's plenty of euro guilds out there. Would've surely made more sense to join a european guild though no :p ?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Kallima wrote:My school uniform was green, yours may have been a different colour.
Xest's school uniform was a dirty white colour. It had very long arms and buckles in unusual places.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Xest wrote:. At the moment there's 547 on Pryd/Excal and 594, 551, 647 on the 3 standard US clusters so even at a time where the yanks and such are fast asleep the US populations are still higher.

I don't like to go on about the US servers because I just get *****ed at for it, but if you're going to spread misinformation like that and claim it's not a viable choice when it definetely is then I have to correct you. The only reason not to move US is if you'll miss your friends/community on euro, but if they move with you there's little problem. Time zones are better (no 5am relic raids due to solid 24/7 population), Service is far superior, Support is far superior, Patching is far superior, Feature set is larger (things like account splitting, working Herald etc.) and cost is the same, if not cheaper, moving there with all your friends is just a win/win situation tbh.
Well, every sane person on the cluster had logged off due to lagg when you posted this Xest ;)

CBA to do all the PvE again or I would consider a move again for sure. And ye it can be done fast and so on but => 50 => ml => arti => RR1. no :/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Bah, I bet my sorc will be fully twinked with ML10, full artis and at least RR5 in less than 10 days /play :p

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:Ah fair enough, it's not a good idea to join a guild in a different time zone, you're right on that but as I say the populations are equal all the time so there's plenty of euro guilds out there. Would've surely made more sense to join a european guild though no :p ?
I went round a lot of forums getting info on guilds on the roleplay servers. I couldn't find a european one. I was only trying US to see what a roleplay server was like, so I picked the largest suitable guild I could find since oddly enough I knew the time zones would make things tricky and I thought a large active guild would help.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Cryn wrote:Xest's school uniform was a dirty white colour. It had very long arms and buckles in unusual places.
That would explain a lot.

Do you think he would be happy and let the debate drop if I suggested that maybe I never played the US servers and left because of the time zone thing at all. What really happened was that I was kidnapped by little grey aliens who took me up into a flying saucer and brainwashed me into believing it all happened.

<grins>

Gattling
Emerald Rider

Post by Gattling »

The timezone difference sucks!

I played US DAoC since release, trying to hang on with the guilds I was in. As long as you're just playing, even more with a few friends it's ok but EVERYTHING gets done around 7PM EST or later, that would be 12am GMT.

So when you log on after work it's still afternoon there and all you see are the 13 yearold retards. And when you go to bed the RVR/RR/ML's and whatnot are about to start. Yes, there's guilds/RVR done outside EST time, but it's just not the same.

If you can live with the hib/pryd situation before clustering... almost no people, no groups, no PvE groups worth mentioning you'll like it. If you want to be part of the server and interact with all the people playing there, both in game as on the forums.. you'll need to play at very odd times indeed.

That is where I developed the habit of going to bed at 2am.. every night, but since I'm not a jobless bum (just a normal bum) I still have to get up at 7. Just can't keep that up.
Gattling - ML10 RR3 ranger <-- easy RPS :ranger:
Phenomenal - 50 ML5 RR2 Druid
Soraellion - 50 Mentalist
Skilless - 3~ Bard

<Tuatha dé Danann>

various Thid toons
various Alb/Excal toons

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Xest wrote:Bah, I bet my sorc will be fully twinked with ML10, full artis and at least RR5 in less than 10 days /play :p
Thats prolly with necro + fop bot pl or ice wizzie team pl though ;)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sorry no you're right, obviously the 1000+ players that play at euro peak times are just all solo and totally unguilded :p

Just don't know how people can complain about lack of raids in their time zone etc. as I say I've got my sorc almost completely twinked with MLs (just missing 7 group, 9 and 10 now), credit for most artis I need and level 50 in less than 2 days /play, I work too so it's not like I can stay up that late. Sure there are late raids, but there are early ones too, just like there are late guilds and there are early ones too, you just have to not be dumb about which you join.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”