Spear of Kings encounter

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Spear of Kings encounter

Post by Thandruil »

Gonna start with saying i'm very ****ed off tbh, but just wanna know if anyone had this happen to him before.

Tonight, we did SoK encounter, we were very lucky the Spear dropped. We picked up all loot, but once we got outside, no1 had spear, nor encounter. So i asked for an E&E on /as. After a min i was talking with Requiel and explained what happened. He said one of the harpies must have taken the spear, so we had to kill em. So we did, all harpies dead and still no encounter or spear. After telling that to requiel he said the harpie with the spear must have depopped and we just failed the encounter.

Did this happen to anyone before??, cause imo this was a bug or so. It could at least have given us the encounter as well already since normally should get that as soon as Spear drops.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

alduan
Emerald Rider

Post by alduan »

iirc you only get encounter once you move outside with the "broken spear", as the "broken spear" turns into the real spear you're awarded credit, so afaik it's not a bug
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

alduan wrote:iirc you only get encounter once you move outside with the "broken spear", as the "broken spear" turns into the real spear you're awarded credit, so afaik it's not a bug
I know that m8, but once outside, after picking up loot, nobody had spear in inventory anymore and no1 got encounter either.

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

You pick up broken spear, harpy steals it, you go out without, not knowing you do not have the broken spear anymore. You all go out, and you do not get anything.

It might only be a theory, but I think it is what happened ...

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Nored wrote:You pick up broken spear, harpy steals it, you go out without, not knowing you do not have the broken spear anymore. You all go out, and you do not get anything.

Must have been a harpie picked it up aye, but after we killed em all, we still didn't get anything :(

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

When the harpy picks it up the person who it got it of should of got a message, put when it does you haven't got long to find the correct harpy with it and get it back :/
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Thandruil wrote:Must have been a harpie picked it up aye, but after we killed em all, we still didn't get anything :(
You can tell which harpy it is cos it's a ghostly one so just kill that one asap ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

[quote="Xest"]You can tell which harpy it is cos it's a ghostly one so just kill that one asap ]

We didn't know about that, cause never had it before that a harpie stole the spear :'(.

Back to ages of farming then i guess :(

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Nored wrote:You pick up broken spear, harpy steals it, you go out without, not knowing you do not have the broken spear anymore. You all go out, and you do not get anything.

This is correct. when u pick up the broken spear a harpy is very likely to steal it again and if u walk out of the room without noticing u have failed the encounter.

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMORPG quest development.

As if it wasn't hard enough arranging for a group of people to come help you with an encounter, some 'dev' (who either needs to get out more or has a sadistic sense fo humour) thinks you will find it 'fun' if you fail the encounter for some obscure reason that isn't entirely obvious and is probably alluded to in some obscure broadcast message that scrolls off the screen in three seconds flat along with all the other spam.

Imagine doing most of ToA artifact and ML encounters *without* the benefit of walkthroughs like VoS etc. Now that's the definition of *real* pain :)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”