[Discussion] Server down 15.11

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Vergiir wrote:In addition, we will be crediting every English player with a free day of subscription to compensate for the downtime.
Unfortunately GOAs definition of "English player" does not necessarily coincide with reality in any understandable way. They reserve the right to redefine your nationality entirely according to how they see fit. I for instance have been automatically declared a German player by GOA, although my passport says I'm English, my game version is English, I chose English as the language I wanted for the GOA website, and I've only ever even been to Germany once. Unfortunately they also apparently employ no-one with the necessary SQL skills to correct their own mistakes in the nationality column of their accounts database.
:(
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Gandelf wrote:The question everyone needs to ask is why the problems happen so frequently?
As you well know Gandelf, GOA's servers are powered by Infinite Improbability Drive, so events like that are actualy not as impossible as it seems!
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:Unfortunately GOAs definition of "English player" does not necessarily coincide with reality in any understandable way. They reserve the right to redefine your nationality entirely according to how they see fit. I for instance have been automatically declared a German player by GOA, although my passport says I'm English, my game version is English, I chose English as the language I wanted for the GOA website, and I've only ever even been to Germany once. Unfortunately they also apparently employ no-one with the necessary SQL skills to correct their own mistakes in the nationality column of their accounts database.
Ah but have you passed the true test to prove whether you're really English or not?

Answer this, who won both World Wars?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Xest wrote:Ah but have you passed the true test to prove whether you're really English or not?

Hibernia!
:D
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

See perhaps this is why you can't be classified as English OohhoO :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Kari
Emerald Rider

Post by Kari »

OohhoO wrote:Unfortunately GOAs definition of "English player" does not necessarily coincide with reality in any understandable way. They reserve the right to redefine your nationality entirely according to how they see fit. I for instance have been automatically declared a German player by GOA, although my passport says I'm English, my game version is English, I chose English as the language I wanted for the GOA website, and I've only ever even been to Germany once. Unfortunately they also apparently employ no-one with the necessary SQL skills to correct their own mistakes in the nationality column of their accounts database.
Just to re-iterate this, I also am classified as other than English, despite being a born & bred Geordie who's currently residing in a shed of a village near Leicester. When I initially signed up the En page had been down/inaccessible for a few days, so I used the french one, with a UK address etc of course. Little did I know a few years down the line they'd throw that back in my face. And hence dont receive 'English' compensation.

I've given up caring though, to be honest I'm used to very little customer service from this lot, so the fact that my Swedish & Danish guildmates are getting a day free will have to do for me!

Vergiir
Emerald Rider

Post by Vergiir »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xest
Ah but have you passed the true test to prove whether you're really English or not?

OohhoO wrote:Hibernia!
:D
The correct answer is WE DID! :)
Enchanter

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Vergiir wrote: The correct answer is WE DID! :)
There are no winners in war tbh...

/me wonders what the hell is wrong with him today. Politics..war all discussed normally :(
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Cryn wrote:If you go to SWG my character is Looee on Chimaera server.

It's not as fun as DAoC, but they just did a major update yesterday (Tuesday) which is supposedly going to make things more fun. Ironically, SOE who I class as absolutely rubbish as a provider managed to do their patching in less time than they predicted, bringing the servers back up very smartly for once.
Tried SWG but its not really my thing. Looking into Guildwars atm, will go out and buy that soon, the only thing i can lose by it is the money for the game since you dont have to pay monthly for it. And if I like it i can save a lot of money that i'm now giving to goa for doing a **** job. I might aswell be throwing my cash with my son's dirthy dipers. If this game doesnt turn out like I want it to i'm sure i can find other things to keep myself ocupied till they finally release Dark & Light.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Thanks for reminding me on SWG! I had Master CM on FarStar, checked the site today and it seems like they did a total rewamp of classes yesterday. I'll give it a go, in worst case it will be a nice break from daoc till DR comes, if noting else, they gave me free fly-a-space-ship expansion, so that alone should be fun for a couple of days. IMO Satyn, erotic dance is part of Entertainer proffession, you should join me for some hot nights in Coronet bar, while Imperial Officer Thand is working :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”