Clustering tomorrow 26th

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Satyn wrote:i have two chars there ... will i be able to make new chars then?

Yes.

everz
Emerald Rider

Post by everz »

!! See yall tommorow :D
deleted/sold rip daoc

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

how it works is this

You have excalibur and prydwen if you play midgard on excalibur and have alts on prydwen hibernia. Say you log into excalibur and only play for 5 minutes and then decide you want to play on hibernia you would have to wait 1 hour before you can play your hibernian characters then 5 minutes after you want to go back to midgard then you got another hour to wait.

even if you have 1 character on hibernia prydwen and 8 on midgard excalibur you would still be allowed to create more chars on hibernia however if you say delete all the characters on hibernia you would only be allowed to create characters on midgard afterwards.
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

awarkle wrote:how it works is this

You have excalibur and prydwen if you play midgard on excalibur and have alts on prydwen hibernia. Say you log into excalibur and only play for 5 minutes and then decide you want to play on hibernia you would have to wait 1 hour before you can play your hibernian characters then 5 minutes after you want to go back to midgard then you got another hour to wait.

even if you have 1 character on hibernia prydwen and 8 on midgard excalibur you would still be allowed to create more chars on hibernia however if you say delete all the characters on hibernia you would only be allowed to create characters on midgard afterwards.
Will you get another 8 spots if you delete all the chars from one realm?
Retired until further notice

gene
Emerald Rider

Post by gene »

don't know amed but i wouldnt delete your chars on excal because then your only playing hib on the only english server, booring ;>

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

everz wrote:!! See yall tommorow :D
Hopefully not!
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i presume its like how it is atm
When you log onto excal you get asked which realm
you choose and you can make 8 chars in that realm
At the moment we can delete all those chars - reboot the game and choose a new realm
When we get clustered - delete the chars and reboot the game the only realm you will be able to choose will be hibernia.
(or if your an alb on pryd - albion.. )
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

ok say you decide to delete all your hibernia prydwen chars and reroll you will actually get all 8 slots of the prydwen account because the prydwen adn excalibur servers are still separate so technically you could have 16 character slots on midgard.

HOWEVER you have to remember that a char created on prydwen midgard and a char created on excalibur midgard CAN not be guilded together, nor can excal/pryd guilds ally. Also say you have amedor on hibernia prydwen and amedor on midgard excalibur, you wouldnt be able to create another amedor on midgard prydwen under the cluster as the name will be flagged as taken.

Anyone with duplicate names say like with me Awark on one account Awark on another ill be flagged as

Awark-Prydwen or Awark-Excalibur depending on the account and if you need to pm a specific person you would have to include there server designation as well.

Just see clustering as this

Prydwen/excalibur as one big server but if you have 1 account both on the same realm (very few people) then you will have 16 slots to create characters.

Just remember

Capital citys + battlegrounds + frontiers + darkness falls, are shared between all three realms.

Toa/Classic/SI/Housing are still separated so you have to use the channeler npcs in the capital citys Camelot/Jordheim/Tir Na Nog. It wont be aparant when you speak to the npc's you have switched only once you leave those citys will it flag up which server you are on and which zone. So if your going on that ml5 run make sure you check which server its on.

Also i would very much recomend that when you get onto the servers when they come back up, you go to your housing merchant and reflag its listing because i suspect (although it might not happen) that the merchant list data will be corupted (it has most patches) and it only takes a few minutes. Then go out and enjoy rvr (btw relics will be protected for 24 hours) claim and upgrade keeps probbly argue with the other realms over who is having what.

Also might be wise for someone to set up a BG on a buffbot that everyone could join just to get to know everyone.

(btw i do not know if the ml10 dungeon will be shared or separate i suspect because it is an ml zone that it will be shared between the zones ill confirm with a gm)
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

awarkle wrote:(btw i do not know if the ml10 dungeon will be shared or separate i suspect because it is an ml zone that it will be shared between the zones ill confirm with a gm)
First post explains.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

you dont actually get stuck with a realm, if you delete all chars from alb after clustering you can still roll mid, just dont log out. on character creation select "realm" and it will give you the realm selection thing so you can roll mid
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”