GOA gives the big wavey finger

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Elfinaaaaii wrote:first off all requiel:

FINISH ur problems befor getting new ones
The problem of clustering came months before the database problems, so whats your point?
~

Edlina
Emerald Rider

Post by Edlina »

stupeh wrote:The problem of clustering came months before the database problems, so whats your point?
That they should not have restored a single item, but focused on clustering first, obviously.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Banana wrote:
Other peeps have left the game and i've been telling them it might be worth comming back to try clustering ...

No I won't be coming back post-clustering - getting much better vfm on the US servers.

And just wait till DR comes and there's everyone running around in a clustered TNN - oh how people are gonna moan about the lag.

;)
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

tare u are a prat u no all u think about is ur self

and as for items been replaced i no they started replacing items again today as guildey got some stuff bck not sure on number but i will find out and post on here
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

I haven´t actually seen an official comment that they would restore every char before cluster. Can only remember reading it either here or on FH.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Tare wrote:I'm a little bewildered because of why people don't see the logic in this statement. It makes absolute perfect sense to cluster now.
Of course it might seem rude to those with lost items, but you're putting the needs of less than 500 people in front of the needs of 2 server populations who have had to wait for clustering for 4 months now.
First of all 500 people is not exactly a small amount. Req says there are 20,000 accounts but if you check the stats there are less than 1,500 toons logged onto Excal and Pryd at any one time. Some of these must be buff bots. Allowing for people logging in and out here and there I am not sure that 20,000 is really representative of the number of regular active players - being honest it probably is not.

3,000 peeps at any one time and 500 not restored is not the same as 20,000 accounts. The trouble is we (and I suspect nor they) really know how many people we are really talking about.

There always seems to be a reason for the restoration not being a priority - marketing, clustering or whatever. Fact is there are still 500 reports outstanding and we are now 2 months after the problem with the server. Hard to regard that with anything other than horror, especially as GOA seem oblivious to the fact that peeps have had to pay for 2 months of play time and may not have been actually able to play (remember no pay no restoration).

Req professes to bewilderment and so do I. Mine is caused by the fact that anyone in GOA could not forsee the fuss that clustering before restoration would cause among the many who are yet to be sorted. All it would have taken was an official announcement to explain what was happening and that restoration would not be delayed. But instead GOA continue to refuse to comment on their main webby - making it seem like some big secret they hope will go away.

Two server populations may actually not have been waiting for clustering. Many are either against it or not fussed either way. Some clearly want it a lot and as Quin said earlier may have decided not to play until it is done.

We are dealing with numbers here and we can spin it any way we choose and I for one have no idea where the split really lies.

Yet again GOA have messed up through lack of info and a clear wish not to post on the main webby. Hard to post I guess when you have given a clear indication previously that all is well and happy.

From a personal perspective I am sorted but there is a real danger that the farce this has become will mean the end of my guild. Sorry to those who don't give a damn, but to me that is a priority.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

stupeh wrote:The problem of clustering came months before the database problems, so whats your point?
As far as I know clustering is not and has never been a problem.

There was a vote and it was decided to cluster.

But it was never intended to cluster before the database issues. So which came first the chicken or the egg ??? Well in this case I think the database wins.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

well still no resteration on my account so as of 2weeks time my account is closed and will not be renewed all i can say is
Bye GoA
Hello EvE
ill say my byes to my friends ingame,
I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colours anymore I want them to turn black
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Requiel wrote:What he means is that we wouldn't cluster until we were confident that the servers were stable and there were no additional technical problems. It has nothing to do with the state of characters on the server, just whether or not the server is in a stable state for clustering.

Frankly I have to confess that I'm a little bewildered at this. I can understand people being upset that it's taking so long, that's a fair complaint. I've explained why it's takign so long but I can understand how that's little comfort to anyone who can't play their main, however as I've said clustering is something that has been anticipated since July, the community wants it, the technical reasons not to cluster have passed and there is no good reason to not cluster. The people who are waiting for item replacements will not be waiting one day longer as a result of this.
Well.
It kinda feels like theyve been forgotten.
Ever since the PR event it seems like the whole char restoration process has been ignored.
Im sure thats not the case - im just saying what it looks like.
The last mention of the char restoration was made on 17th October. (im pretty sure its the last one - quin is good at scanning freddys house)
Before that it was the 7th October.
Before that we were given information every 2-3 days (sticky thread above)
and the number of accounts where people have posted at being sorted has slowed down to err..nil.

It would REALLY help to tell us what date/numbers youre working on so people can have a tiny bit of hope as to when their account will be cleared.

Peeps are only getting stressed cuz they feel ignored and uninformed. Seriously you will make happy gamers making a post one line long saying
'delt with XX reported dated XX '
not every day .. just like once or twice a week.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Belisar wrote:As far as I know clustering is not and has never been a problem.

There was a vote and it was decided to cluster.

But it was never intended to cluster before the database issues. So which came first the chicken or the egg ??? Well in this case I think the database wins.
Cluster was scheduled for JUNE. JUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. It is now October, if being 3+ months LATE isn't a problem, i don't know what is. "which came first the chicken or the egg ???" The egg, it's called evolution. :E
~

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”