Octo hunt

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jor
Emerald Rider

Octo hunt

Post by Jor »

Although I play for some time now I very seldom went to the northern most part of SI and when I did last time I never saw other players around. With a small group of three we ventured deep into Worlds End to come to the big Meteor impact and were slain by a huge octopus like creature. It's time to get revenge and discover if those creatures have any valuable things :)

Plan :
Meet in Necht and travel towards Krrzck (for not all have good enough faction to fly with a tamed wyvern).
People with wrong Krrzk faction can meet near Krrzck and slay the Trees near the river to gain at least neutral state if the wish. This would allow for a diffuse start time as more and more people can get there and form groups.
Main target are all octopus like mobs starting with the two champs east of the stepstones in the river near Krrzck. They are strong and I think we need 2fg+ to succeed.
We will then move along the east shore towards Galladoria area and swim to Mantis Town or if everyone can use the Wyverns - fly directly.
On the S/SE side of the Meteor Impact are enough small octopus to practise a bit before we try to kill the big one in the centre, which is the main objective of the event.

Reward :
You will probably see areas you never were before. XP for those not being lvl50. Maybe drops - I am not sure (if anyone got info's please share here). Cash flow is nice too.

Rules :
This is a fun event. Just relax, forget about all the RvR, artifact, ML stuff and so on. If there are any special drops I'll collect them and we roll after the event in Necht. Drops go only to chars that can and will use it, if you wanna roll for another char please announce in advance.

Who, When & Where :
Start in Necht or meet at Stepstones in the river near Krrzck.
You may come and go when you want, please announce a little in advance.
Start is not before 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT), I'll open a BG at Irah (Animist).
Event will last 3 hours max regardless of outcome.
Event is going to be happen in the next two weeks and I try to coordinate with other events set up here at pryd.net.
As for next week it is either Tuesday or Thursday depending on your replies.

Signing up :
You don't have to sign up for fixed groups or so - I only want to know a rough number of people that are willing to come.

NOW PLEASE POST HERE AND SAY IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SUCH A THING AND WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PREFERRED TIME AND CHAR TO BRING.

Last 2 notes:
- always remember: this is just for fun.
- if anyone has information about octopus related quests and info's please let me know
I hum along and make things hum... on
WAR: Rydegh/Disciple of Khaine

RETIRED CHARS
AoC: Rydegh/DT, Joric/Demo
DAoC: Jorykia/Valk, Yorinde/Druid, Irah/Ani, Weda/Warden, Jorub/Bard&Friar, Rydegh/Ranger
D4O: Donk

Mundokar
Emerald Rider

Post by Mundokar »

Do you mean Berela ? I got zerged by (i think) Berela and a thousand little octo's when i was exploring hib SI (near Galla).
Daphney - Blademaster 50 Bane3 RR2
Daeuta - Druid 50 Perf3
Keabin - Warden 40

Proud member of Na Fianna Dragun

Pelquinn Nightbreed
Emerald Rider

Post by Pelquinn Nightbreed »

I'll come for that, nothing like some funny pve :)

Treeeebeard
Emerald Rider

Post by Treeeebeard »

Nah he means the space octopus in Alta ferran am sure, Its not to hard it drops some MP itmes but apparently the items are naff, Doubt it will take many either to kill i was just gonna try ML9 pet on it and see how it goes with just a fop but never got round to it:P

Could possibly come but depends on RL things
Hib/Pry
Marsh horde
Treeeebeard Hollowhead <Animist> ML10 RR5 Grandmaster talior

Alb/Exc

TheBigSmurth <Sorceress> 50 RR2

:treeee:

Jor
Emerald Rider

Post by Jor »

Can't remember it's name... It's at the northern most corner of SI. There is something called Meteroit Impact - there it is. It's HUGE and when I am home I prolly can find you some screenies.

@Mundokar
No - I don't mean the Octo's near Galla. Although I would like to see if they drop things too :)

The big Octo I mean only laughed about 2 lvl48 Animists having all shrooms up - so it will need some more people indeed. As I said, I will start that smooth and see how many people join us near Krzzck. If we get at least 2 groups we can try the champs and other lesser Octo's. Depending on result we then move to the big one or not.

/wave
I hum along and make things hum... on
WAR: Rydegh/Disciple of Khaine

RETIRED CHARS
AoC: Rydegh/DT, Joric/Demo
DAoC: Jorykia/Valk, Yorinde/Druid, Irah/Ani, Weda/Warden, Jorub/Bard&Friar, Rydegh/Ranger
D4O: Donk

Asysh
Emerald Rider

Post by Asysh »

This is the mob in question

Aside from being level 70 he has powerfull nukes and the like. However if people's resists are ok and there are some healers, he'll drop as easily as a pale guardian in DF. He drops some reasonable items, a few of which could sneek their way into a template.

From a story point of view:
Hybrasil as 2 main problems. The Fomorians, big mean goons, in the south-west; and the alien evil in the north-east. Basically a meteor crashed into alta fearnann bringing with it a great evil. The evil possessed the ancient wise tree of Galdorria to the south, twisting it into the evil thing it is now and corrupting all around it. Nasty. The octopus things just happen to have been brought along for the ride and are now marooned in Hybrasil. Though (as you'll see if you visit it) have begun their own little terra-forming operation around the site of the meteor impact.

(and of course the important stuff :P - LvL 50 sc'ed valewalker, should be able to make a tuesday or thursday)

Ricey

Post by Ricey »

sounds like a job for Weefella!!!! I'll run in and when hes laughing at me, you lot whack it! Champ or bard ready, willing and on the right day, with a following wind fairly able ;)

Ricey
Ricey...the original Capitalist BloodSucker
and not forgetting Weefella

Teraka
Emerald Rider

Space Octopus

Post by Teraka »

Hi.

Yet another epic mob on my list of things to kill so would love to be there. Hopefully you'll do this before Good Friday as I go away for a week to Germany though.

On a side note there is a level 49 quest called Hand Of God which requires killing mobs in Alta Fearann, including some mini-octopi (red/purp to 50) near the epic mob. The body armour reward is actually quite nice, in fact Fie wears it himself in his no-arti template. Link to quest follows:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.ht ... quest=1816

Teraka

Mundokar
Emerald Rider

Post by Mundokar »

This is the one i meant :) Very aggresive as well
Daphney - Blademaster 50 Bane3 RR2
Daeuta - Druid 50 Perf3
Keabin - Warden 40

Proud member of Na Fianna Dragun

Asysh
Emerald Rider