RP's for PvE

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Finally they do something about this:

- We have addressed an issue with certain charm spells that could potentially cause the charm to drop without getting two sequential resists. This affects the following spells: The Minstrel's Captivating Melodies charm line and the Mentalist's Illusory Enemy charm line.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

wolfzy wrote:tbh aint these rvr missions a bit daft :surprise:
whilst on 1 you will almost defanatly get ganked by some1 :mad:

uhm just like normal rvr then? its a good idea imo - leaves an alternative option rather than going to camp some bridge near portal keeps.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Trez wrote:Finally they do something about this:

- We have addressed an issue with certain charm spells that could potentially cause the charm to drop without getting two sequential resists. This affects the following spells: The Minstrel's Captivating Melodies charm line and the Mentalist's Illusory Enemy charm line.
YAY! Too bad this is probably still many months till ;P
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Wonder how long does it take to some genius to camp some spot of rvr missions and generate more whine on FH ^^
Ofc US guys shot in their feet once again polling RvR missions over instanced RvR imo, but that's me.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Not really sure what you on about tbh, ofc there is a chance that you will get ganked but thats kind of part of the fun. It wouldnt be much fun if it was like 'teleport to nGed, stay there for 10 mins inside the keep afk to get 10k rp' would it?

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gahn wrote:Wonder how long does it take to some genius to camp some spot of rvr missions and generate more whine on FH ^^
Ofc US guys shot in their feet once again polling RvR missions over instanced RvR imo, but that's me.
-There are more than 1750 RvR missions being offered at this time, with more unique missions planned for the near future!

Question is if you get to select specific missions or if you just select if its solo or group then the game select one of the 1750 missions.

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

That's why it's an RvR mission not a PvE mission...
Instanced RvR offered no rewards in the proposal on the poll, no rps or anything, also it was proposed to be 8 vs 8 only including no buffbots, that means that by default Hib is going to win followed closely by Mids. Vampiirs would have an absolutely massive advantage, as would 2 druids, 1 bard, 1 warden providing tons of buffs to go around. Basically it just sounded pointless - unbalanced, no reward, lacking in depth. I'd have been more tempted by instanced RvR if it at least offered a 1 vs 1 option because I love 1 vs 1 but unbalanced 8vs8 without buffs, no thanks, not when I can run into the frontier and get a better balanced 8vs8 fight with rewards within about 30secs of running into the frontier.

Overall this patch rocks though, ment/minstrel charm bug fixed - I have both those so I'm happy, Theurgist speed spell dropping pulses fixed, again I'm happy. Warlocks nerfed so the game is back to some resemblance of sanity once again + I get to wind up all the VN kiddies who rolled warlocks and make them cry irl in revenge for them playing such a skilless retarded class for the last few months.

Raising towers is good for Alb, it's been far too easy for Hib to lock down towers with bainshees/pbae/shrooms whilst all Alb has is like 1 ice wizzie and 2 fire wizzies who log on once every 3 years as it's AE. Means Albs don't have to get farmed in tower lords rooms so much. Also tanks get to play more now too of course. That said however you can't raise keeps, so I imagine Hib will still be holding onto the relics with it's Bainshees for quite a while yet whilst Mid will likely lose some due to the withdrawl of the whorelock zerg.

All in all, some good fixes, some good new content and some good balancing changes.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Xest wrote:Raising towers is good for Alb, it's been far too easy for Hib to lock down towers with bainshees/pbae/shrooms whilst all Alb has is like 1 ice wizzie and 2 fire wizzies who log on once every 3 years as it's AE. Means Albs don't have to get farmed in tower lords rooms so much.
Dont blame the hibs for albs not playing some class. Clerics come to mind ;p

But yeah could be fun utterly destroying a tower
finland:
holland:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I'm not blaming the Hibs for that, I'm blaming Mythic for that :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Just hope the RvR missions don't end up as boring and un-used as the OF courier missions. RPs for PvE-type stuff is a new concept, I hope they don't overdo the rewards either. Mebbe a nice way of getting a few rps on new toons, b4 they can handle themselves (altough bridge camping not bad for that either ;) ).

Mael, 50th ment.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”