Pricing/claiming discussion

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jjuraa
Emerald Rider

Post by Jjuraa »

Aran_Thule wrote:would only work with small numbers.
Imagine the ML9 raid with over 100 items and several dozen people.
Ekk the amount of work that would take is horrible, gives me nightmares just thinking about it. <grin>

Nice idea but i generally find that after a raid everyone is tired and wanting to rest so something that doesnt require thinking is probably easiest.
Im now of the impression that i want to keep things simple as even after a good raid if the loot split gets messy then it spoils the event for me.
aye like i said huge BG raids may just have to be done the current way, but i was thinking it could encourage a new type of raid, its kind of a mercenary system i guess.. like you pick up a full group and say "we're doing these things, buy what you want or can just take the cash", that way you could nearly always get a decent group together. also it might even encourage "Scroll farm groups". there are precious few of these, but a group of 4-6 could do some decent farming, and it d be worth it for the cash

Teador
Emerald Rider

Post by Teador »

the deposit idea has the same problem as was pointed out b4, imagine that on a ml9 raid or a raid with a big number of ppl but small drops like ml4, giving out 500gp back to like 40+ ppl and making note of who already got there money, then splitting whats left and again giving that amount to 40+ ppl.

pity cos the nice ideas would only work in small grps not where it would potentially really matter

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Teador wrote:the deposit idea has the same problem as was pointed out b4, imagine that on a ml9 raid or a raid with a big number of ppl but small drops like ml4, giving out 500gp back to like 40+ ppl and making note of who already got there money, then splitting whats left and again giving that amount to 40+ ppl.

pity cos the nice ideas would only work in small grps not where it would potentially really matter
could it be done through group leaders whose responsibility it is to organise the deposits?

Not fool proof but worth working on perhaps - see now people have started thinking beyond the box a bit it is getting more interesting.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Plac wrote:So i don't understean why u are whining about a thing u know that can happend and u come to raid anyway, it's silly, but u can continue this treath, and i'll continue reading it.

P.S: Sorry if there's any mistake :P
PLac,

don't take it to heart most of this has not really been a whine at you personally - if it started like that I would like tot hink it had changed to the extent that it is just a general discussion now. I certainly stopped referring to your own actions a long time ago. I was on the ML6 raid with you and I had a cracking time please just keep running them. :)

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Plac
Emerald Rider

Post by Plac »

Sharkith wrote:PLac,

I was on the ML6 raid with you and I had a cracking time please just keep running them. :)

Sharkith
Will do, i don't care about ppl say of claim item for sell
Alb - INACTIVE
Placador Merc lvl 51 ML10
Caby Cabalist lvl 51 ML10

Mid - ACTIVE!!!

Hib - INACTIVE :(
Elwarden Warden lvl 50 ML10
Setaman Animist lvl 50 ML8
Placz Ranger lvl 48 ML0 ( Soon ML10, 3rd ML RUSH INC)

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Keep up the good work Plac

Without your raids I would not have a shade getting MLs so my hat is off to you in thanks.

On the topic of claiming, in your rules you said that you would claim one item and I accept that, I went on the raid and you only claimed one item per raid... I couldnt give a rats ass what you do with them tbh its your perogitive.

As for need before greed, on one of the raids at the weekend I rolled for and won a scroll... did I need it... no but a guildy did... so I immediately passed it to them for their template... what did I get out of it... satisfaction that I had a) got my ML stuff and b) I was able to help out a guildy in need, a fellow hib in need... I did my bit... its probably the reason I cant amass loads of plats on my toons... think I have about 2 plats on my shade as my main...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Banana wrote:hail to the bus driver bus driver bus driver
hail to the bus driver bus driver man

This has to be one of the funniest quotes i've seen all year !!! gratz nana!! (pissing myself laughing)!!

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Plac wrote: In ML7 i claim the cloack ( yes the uber famous cloack)
Btw mate, its CLOAK and not CLOACK ]/Ankh[/B]

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

About this claiming thing.. It's ok to claim 1 item from any ml raid aslong it's not ml5 and ml10.. Both are only shroom ZERG, shroom ZERG! So imo not too right to claim item from these 2..

And aswell at last ML10 raid plac actually claimed 2 items. Those ml10 leggings for himself (for saying: ZERG 5 times) and SoD for portal finder..

So he actually took 2 items not 1 ..
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Dre@d
Emerald Rider

Post by Dre@d »

Hemuli wrote:About this claiming thing.. It's ok to claim 1 item from any ml raid aslong it's not ml5 and ml10.. Both are only shroom ZERG, shroom ZERG! So imo not too right to claim item from these 2..

And aswell at last ML10 raid plac actually claimed 2 items. Those ml10 leggings for himself (for saying: ZERG 5 times) and SoD for portal finder..

So he actually took 2 items not 1 ..
Well lots of raids leader givf the sod to the guy that find the portal so i think plac dont claimed 2 items.. and btw, u CANT say its not right him to claim smthing cause he says that on the rules, if u attend to raid attend to rules too not only for lotto
ALB/EXC
Mezzmastah Sorc R6 (Alb/exc) ML 10
Garruloman Pally R5 (Alb/exc) ML 10
Andetoi Infiltrator R4 (Alb/exc) Ml 4
Api Cleric R3 (Alb/exc) ML 6

HIB/PRYD
Dreadnough light eld R5 soon r6:) ml 10
Wapet 50 arboreal animist soon ml10

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”