Catacombs Patch contains Evita nerf :O

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Asysh
Emerald Rider

Catacombs Patch contains Evita nerf :O

Post by Asysh »

From Camelot Herald

- The re-use time of Forceful Zephyr has been increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes to make the ability more situational in use as opposed to something that is used in every fight.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

slowly getting to the stage where all ml abilities will be a waste of time to get, ff nerfed, fop nerfed, fz nerfed.... how many artifacts have been nerfed so far? ctr, som, atlantis tablet etc etc

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i have to ask ..

Evita nerf??

/edit and i dunno jupi a heck of alot of them ARE overpowered and should be nerfed. I think mythic are just trying to take 'i win' buttons out the game but tbh they wont succeed. ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Jupi wrote:slowly getting to the stage where all ml abilities will be a waste of time to get, ff nerfed, fop nerfed, fz nerfed.... how many artifacts have been nerfed so far? ctr, som, atlantis tablet etc etc
Wot u moaning about? An FZ nerf = a BG boost. ;)

Lot of that stuff had it coming. Croc invisibilty mode was plain stupid (and would have eventually resulted with peeps fucking about with the skins on their clients en mass), FoP was OTT, FF woulda have destroyed the whole NF siege stuff b4 it even started, ctr giving a zerg every bard chant was OTT, so was stealth lore...

All still nice abilities and stuff peeps desire to have on their toons even now tho'.

Mael, 50th ment.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

[quote="Maeloch"]Wot u moaning about? An FZ nerf = a BG boost. ]

ofc they were overpowered, whoever came up with the idea, but giving people too much power and taking away is stupid, shud have started low and then give boosts not the other way around.

FZ on a 15 min rut is plain stupid when all they had to do was reduce dmg done when fz'd by 1/3 say. Bards/support classes with FZ shud not have got nerfed. FF was way overpowered and was nerfed to fook, u need a warden with high regrow + bard end now to be any use

Also some of the ml were plain stupid and replaced some races i.e how many mana ments u see these days? Yes the are slowly coming back with aoe dot's but FOP replaced them imho.

But anyway where was i..............

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Don't think 15min timer is too stupid for an 8s unpurgeable stun, certainly less stupid than the current 2min reuse timer.

Tho' if it was me I'd prolly increase timer to 5mins, and make target immune to physical damage for the duration - would be nice utility ability for soj classes and still on reasonable timer.

Mael, 50th ment.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

One that im suprised hasnt been nerfed is ML9 convoker summon mastery.

lasts for 10 minutes and is about as effective as getting Jug 3 (cost 30 points) which would only last for 1 minute.

As for the FZ nerf, as per usual the bat has hit harder then it should, lots of other ways they could have fixed it but didnt.

still lots of other things that are broken but they cant seem to fix them either.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Jupi wrote:ofc they were overpowered, whoever came up with the idea, but giving people too much power and taking away is stupid, shud have started low and then give boosts not the other way around.
90% of all abilities and classes in DaoC have been brought in overpowered and reduced, bad planning and no real testing, its the idea of getting ppl onto the thing, if you started low ppl wouldnt use it and there would be no incentive to do anything about it (like the mentalism line which is still the shittest line ever made and never changed). Really how many ppl wouldnt even have done ML's if they didnt gain big stuff from them.
Jupi wrote:Also some of the ml were plain stupid and replaced some races i.e how many mana ments u see these days? Yes the are slowly coming back with aoe dot's but FOP replaced them imho.

Mana ments were never really used for power regen, ppl would take a bard, now HoT they were used for, FoP never did anything to mana ments, tbh its the one ability i never saw a point in nerfing since they only nerfed it for PvE (unless this changed) and theres so many ways to PL PvE (just make a necro on alb) that it was a pretty worthless nerf.

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

i play with a guildey and she dinged ml8 on her ranger and tbh FZ = win for sure and i am still ml7 need ml xp and tbh 15 mins in this game is not very long and i will be glad on this nerf expecially when albs abuse this all the time i was solo yesterday runing round bridge found a grp of 4 stealthers (alb) instead of killing me i got fz and killed so :cheers: to goa or mythic on 1 good thing
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

the ability is good as a defensive thing for Bards etc. and for these classes maybe they should have been allowed to have it on a 5 min timer. As for scouts and Albs - I spent one night recently travelling to Mid and got FZ'ed 4 times in a row.

Eventually I just gave up and logged off. Maybe reducing damage and even making someone immune to damage when they used it would have been nice but a one win button is a silly thing to put in a game of this nature in the first place - they really ought to have seen this happen before hand.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”