Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
ruudoniac
Emerald Rider

Post by ruudoniac »

HappyG wrote: "Stealing" players from other servers is not a long term solution. Classic can and prolly will end like excal/pryd sooner or later, there just won't be any server to cluster it with.
well "stealing" players is something that just cant be avoided... but ... i bet some old players that had quited DAoC cuz of ToA or NF will come back (i say NF cuz there is Agramon now to rvr to without all that silly bridge/tower related rvr)
HappyG wrote: Before you will be lvl 50, good GGs will be RR5. Nothing to different from normal servers.
i might be wrong but dont think good GGs will just quit their uber chars to come at classic server. yes some of these "l33t" ppl will come but not as entire GGs
HappyG wrote: No 25% healing effectivness, no 75% healer power pool, no 25% cast range = longer fights?
well yes - no that much dmg out of enemies for u to need all that - no caster nuking u for almost 1k dmg from 2k range - so that healing and power pool is enough me thinks
HappyG wrote: No changes for groups, and for stealthers... thers not many around on us classic, why bother with Vampiirs, Friars and that alike? And since people do use DI bots on normal servers, what makes you think people wont use ranged BBs on classic?
never played stealther so i wont argue for this - i will accept what ever more experienced players (like u) wil say about this
HappyG wrote: In that case, why you bother with fotm ToA templates? Ignoring stat caps, you can easily create a template with some ToA bonuses, few artifacts and cheap SC.
well i might not said it right .. since u cant get 10% cast speed for example why bother wasting many hours ro get 25more dex which is 1% cast speed?
same as 10 melee/style dmg and str cap etc . i know many will do but average players have an option not to get that bonuses and still wont have a big difference from others that have +overcaps.(not talking about stealthers but about group chars)
HappyG wrote: No FoP, no cure nearsight, you will soon realise how shit crack and pow songs are...
no PL, no bridge camping , less long range nukers , more utility casters in groups and pbaoe (hint: i bet that u have long long time to see supression rms, sms in rvr:)
HappyG wrote: I think good GGs will enjoy fighting GGs from french/german servers, while casual players will realise their performance is no better than on normal servers, and eventualy quit the server.
see above for ggs migration.. ( as i said i might be wrong on this but that is how i think will be)
HappyG wrote: You simply cannot recreate "classic" feeling with removing ToA. Frontier has changed, RAs have changed, and all in all, people do know how to play this game much better than they did in the past. New determination and nerfed MoC are just 2 things that did shake that old caster/tank balance.
well u cant do that exactly but : removing toa , the release of Agramon , giving det the value it had before toa, forcing ppl to do more epic dungeon raids(items from there will be fotm again) are some thinks that will bring some of the old "classic" feeling back to players of the "clasic" server.

ps. i know i might be wrong at some stuff , thats my personal point of view and i dont say that thinks are going to be like that but i really hope so

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

ruudoniac wrote:(i say NF cuz there is Agramon now to rvr to without all that silly bridge/tower related rvr)
yeah, there aren't any stealthergrps or scouts in agramon.
well yes - no that much dmg out of enemies for u to need all that - no caster nuking u for almost 1k dmg from 2k range - so that healing and power pool is enough me thinks
if you're getting nuked for almost 1k damage, you need some resists...sure you can argue you're not toa'd, but running at <5% is still your own fault..
well i might not said it right .. since u cant get 10% cast speed for example why bother wasting many hours ro get 25more dex which is 1% cast speed?
12dex=1% castspeed ]no PL, no bridge camping , less long range nukers , more utility casters in groups and pbaoe (hint: i bet that u have long long time to see supression rms, sms in rvr:)[/quote]

hmm..accidentally grappled an sm this weekend(yeah laugh at me etc), the only reason i came out of that alive were my 50% spirit resists..and no, it wasnt lafjtap. And i don't think in the open field that 150extra range on basic nukes makes a huge difference..you're still gonna get nearsighted by a runie if you both see eachother
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Mojo wrote:The hassle of starting again is sure to be worse than doing some ml's and getiing artis dont ya think?
dunno if i want to play offensive tank i need ml10 banelord + 4 arti's minimum
if i want to play defensive tank i need ml8 battlemaster + 4 arti's minimum
if i want to play support i need ml6 perfector minimum + 4 arti's mimimum
if want to play caster i need ml9 minimum + 5 arti's minumum

if i roll a classic server i know the gap between the have's and the have not would not be as great as it is atm i.e u need the above just to get a decent group
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Moroex
Emerald Rider

Post by Moroex »

HappyG wrote:Ok. And what makes you think "good" players play classic and "people with no job" play normal servers?
I think you misunderstood my point, which is; its easy to be on par with any player equipment wise on classic servers due to the fact that there isnt a massive timesink to get equiped. If you have similar (no doubt exactly the same template) then i dont mind being beat by better players.

p.s. At the moment you dont have any choice, i will agree that normal server population dropped rapidly (says something about ToA dont you think, oh and the fact thatUS, and now EU, players voted for this en-masse) but both Merlin and Lancelot are back up to 2k pop, sometimes beating the classics. Top 4 servers at the moment are 2 classic and 2 normal.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

[quote="Moroex"]I think you misunderstood my point, which is]

Valid point imo.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Heh, I liked RvR and all pre TOA, but I would never start over on a classic server, have spent to much time getting the chars ready for RvR here, so I be on this server until it falls apart or until I get bored playing the game.

Still I have to agree that for peoples that don't have to much time and still really want to RvR, it suxxor as it takes so much time getting just 1 char ready.

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

Mana ments will *pwn* again \o/
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

I'll probably TOA my warden and RvR when possible

and be on classic server rest of the time :)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

i think people forget how easy it is atm to level up to lvl 50 , this wíll be real harder on classic
my valewalker isnt lvl 50 already and i have all my artis (only missing one scroll), and this all only with a BB, you can farm scrolls while leveling up.....

I will not go classic, and btw in OF i was also get ganked by groups and bevore the mezz ended all where dead, now you have another counter the CB...

i will not go classic no way

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

Alexandrinus wrote:i think people forget how easy it is atm to level up to lvl 50 , this wíll be real harder on classic
my valewalker isnt lvl 50 already and i have all my artis (only missing one scroll), and this all only with a BB, you can farm scrolls while leveling up.....

I will not go classic, and btw in OF i was also get ganked by groups and bevore the mezz ended all where dead, now you have another counter the CB...

i will not go classic no way

I lvled in catacombs

no difference with that on classic server

and on the mezz part
imo stuff like CB screws things up a lot, who cares about a good mezz when everybody is immune anyway :(
winning the mezzbattle was something which made a difference, something in which the bard could really help his team
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”