Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

yea, been said over and over, that the english EU servers will take a serious blow if they start classic as they are already way low on population :(
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Wish they would consider fixing ToA and fix the balance issue regarding RR1 vs RR10 etc instead. I wish.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

higher spawn rates for arties and higher drop rates for scrolls would be better imo

But i WANT AN ARMS AGAIN. i just love that class but i hate toa so much i cant get myself to toa one :/
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Poh wrote:higher spawn rates for arties and higher drop rates for scrolls would be better imo
This IS the point, imho. Get rid of timewasting mindrubbing shit, and voila, you have a playeable ToA. Classis server is not answer i think, it is just public appologiy about "sorry we made a shit expansion what we call as ToA".
But, i have to point out, ToA not hard at all, if people group up and help each other. Look at Zero Teamplay, they geared up all of their toons in 1 month, now they are doin the same for 2nd generation chars. It is just about teamplay, which is not very true here.
Togusa the Mentalist

Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

will it kill the english servers for a while?

maybe yes, maybe not... (wondering if all people here will keep their word and wont play on the new ruleset servers)

Speaking for myself i will probably roll a mercenary or theurgist there so i can try albion in rvsr. To be honest its kinda silly to compare Dark Spire which will be perma raided, with raids forming and such becouse you like need active ppl there unlike in the Trials of Atlantis which is the most tarded expansion ever.

75% of the artifacts in game can be done with 2-3 people, so people wont really help each other as the respawn timers are LONG. Of course if you dont have the right tools to farm the arties yourself such in PvE toons and lack the patiance camping an arti spot, you may aswell give up on a busy server without nolifing like getting up at 6am for an arti, been there done that :(. (at least i couldnt arse myself on exc/alb, where every dog and his puppet got a necro+bot T_T).

After you manage to get an artifact somehow, you need to farm the scrolls for it, fun fun fun (mad tales 3/3, love story 3/3...check cm prices :D). After that you need to level the fooking artifact which can be a serious pain (malice - winged helmet). K your arties ready, now its time for some RARE item hunts... which (here comes the shocker) drops from artifact encounters... gimme me a break fs. But you manage that aswell so you only need ml1-10 raids and ml xp bla bla. Of course everything looks brighter when you are done with your char, but i suggest those ppl to log a PRETOA char and think it through again. I got 6-7 lvl 50 toons, can play 2 maybe 3 at my best thanks to toa. Surely you can run around without a maxed template, but you will end up eatin the grass way too many times + if you are one of the persons who had fully kited chars PREToa you just cant arse yourself to play gimped :|

You seriously cant compare all this hassle to farming 8 items in an instance + sc armor. (correct me if iam wrong but ds is an instance ?).

K that was the pve part. Now lets see the rvsr side of it. MAny ppl mentioned that "omg casuals gunna be 50 while l33t gank grps are like rr6". I would say that might happen, but its unlikely with the current leveling speed in catacombs + grps being made once again for xping on classic servers. I would rather fight rr6-rr7 grps as rr5 than fighting rr11ish ppl on rr7, couse rr6 you can get to quite fast while rr6-7 advances maybe one rank or so. This is not the case on lets say prydwen where maybe the best example is maelm fg with their 5+ rank 10+ ppl in grp, not much chance if they dont fuck up, which they dont usually :) No other lower rank grps running usually, fun for the high rrs but FUCKING BORING for the lower RR-s to die thanks to others having moc3 - di - bof whatever RA on a timer that will let em be up always when needed :D, hence not much lowish ranked grps out on prydwen.

The only thing that i could say as an advantage with toa is that the game is balanced more or less around it + some annoying SI things like nearsight - disease was solved which is not the case on classic.

So give classic, where you may get 3 months of cheap fun without being chain farmed by ppl who spent way more time on their chars / had the gift to be part of a good gg Or wasting 6-14 weeks of pve.
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Haven't got the time to roll more toons and get them rvr ready, i am better off sticking with my current server choice. I dont like the idea of a classic server and i wont be using it.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

me i'd luv to roll a new toon, even have a few lvl 48+ ready for kitting out, but everytime i do a ml i get horribly depressed about the sheer waste of time, i honestly prefer sitting in ligen lfg rvr/soloing/chatting than doin ml's with stressed ppl.... so thats an attraction of the "classic" server for me... ofc who gonna do the MP & SC for all de people... maybe tigerseye will make a comeback
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Jupi wrote:me i'd luv to roll a new toon, even have a few lvl 48+ ready for kitting out, but everytime i do a ml i get horribly depressed about the sheer waste of time, i honestly prefer sitting in ligen lfg rvr/soloing/chatting than doin ml's with stressed ppl.... so thats an attraction of the "classic" server for me... ofc who gonna do the MP & SC for all de people... maybe tigerseye will make a comeback
The hassle of starting again is sure to be worse than doing some ml's and getiing artis dont ya think?
look, no hands!

Now retired

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

RvR on lamorak brought up some very interesting points and strats that hadnt been seen before by EU players, partly due to it being a yank server and partly due to the classic rules.

- Fights DO last longer (less dps around, healers can still get 5% cast spd and 26 dex cap)
- hibs never lose cc(2xsos in most grps)
- albs opted group has best dps (2 mercs assisting , sorc/caba assisting + pala blockbot seemed to work v well)
- mids seemed abit nerfed due to only having 2 healers
- LW users seemed to outperform BM's in grp (usually just 1 BM in grp for MA)
- Elds have to stay 2k+ units from fight in order to survive (no BG, get instagibbed) but also had LOS issues in agramon due to so many hills, nukes do useless dmg vs mids = much more of a utility bot than on toa svr
- 4 vamp 1 bard 3 druid groups very fun, 3x PR on vamps = nasty

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Jupi wrote:me i'd luv to roll a new toon, even have a few lvl 48+ ready for kitting out, but everytime i do a ml i get horribly depressed about the sheer waste of time, i honestly prefer sitting in ligen lfg rvr/soloing/chatting than doin ml's with stressed ppl.... so thats an attraction of the "classic" server for me... ofc who gonna do the MP & SC for all de people... maybe tigerseye will make a comeback
agree ml / arti timesink get s me bored
will try classic for sure maybe we can make a guild called
prydwen hib veterans or something like that ? ;) would
join and i don t think it kills normal servers i think it s a chance
to bring new blood in the game with
a good advertisment

cu levelnix

ps all have to start new so not really a bad thing more a chance
even with the knowledge of the game we have now after some years in game
levelnix

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”