Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

gives me a place to roll a lock i guess.....
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Psychiatrist
Emerald Rider

Post by Psychiatrist »

For you that think you'll be able to play without buffs, think again.

Groups with 2-3 druids/healers/clerics will have no problem. Bases from bard/warden/friar/heretic/healer/etc.

Then those playing solo will have a buffbot for di3 and buffs + cc and buffstrips.

Vampiir won't be the only deadly class as buffs won't be much of a problem.

Everyone will either group with their bb or with a friend that has a support class.

Stealthers will be food for vampiir though as they're unlikely to have buffs.
Shimmergloom, Eldritch
Psychiatrist, Mentalist
Farmacia, Animist
Snyggingen, Buffbot

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

buffed stealthers always pissed me off bigtime

and correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't have buffs anymore deep in the frontier due to buffrange?
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

ruudoniac
Emerald Rider

Post by ruudoniac »

i thing clasiic servers will be uber ..... more population than the half dead excal and pryd...

all start from begining and u wont have to face all the rr11 groups that u dont have a chance against ..

no toa bonuses 10% cast speed 10% spell/melee/style dmg = longer fights and more fun

no bots = more ppl will enjoy RvR and not staying at main keeps beging for buffs to do 1-2 runs

yes there still will be darkspire farming and stuff but the difference wont be that great -- come on 25 more stats will only be noticeable to stealthers ..

no op abilites that can change the entire battle -- banelord,brittle guards,bg!!,grapple

and another think .. most of the l33t groups from exc/pryd dont think they wil follow the rest on classic server ... so i think we ll avoid the huge rr difference for long time ...

well do u remember when toa released ... for about 2-3 months rvr was dead...and then when all were finished with mls rushed out to rvr creating huge zergs ... that still exists ... so hope we avoid that too

and finally will c all that group setups that we all missed .. hibs pbaoe groups, mids pure tank groups , albs ..ehhmm .. hmm trying to zerg to get arpees :Pp

well i hope i ll c most of u there ;)

ps: main servers wont just die and stay with low pop - thats why clusters are made for - but classic server will have high pop cuz of the ppl migrating from all servers not just english ones

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

Playing against french and german people will be a refreshing change. As concerning the timesink in darkspire , I guarantee it'll be a 10th of the time that takes you to get artis , lvl artis , farm drops, get ml xp, get ml's bla bla in ToA.

I'd definately roll if I have time

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

I hope you won't see my post as personal attack, I just wanted to point out there can be 2 very different views on the same issue, and things ussualy go their own way, not the way you want.
ruudoniac wrote:i thing clasiic servers will be uber ..... more population than the half dead excal and pryd...
"Stealing" players from other servers is not a long term solution. Classic can and prolly will end like excal/pryd sooner or later, there just won't be any server to cluster it with.
all start from begining and u wont have to face all the rr11 groups that u dont have a chance against ..
Before you will be lvl 50, good GGs will be RR5. Nothing to different from normal servers.
no toa bonuses 10% cast speed 10% spell/melee/style dmg = longer fights and more fun
No 25% healing effectivness, no 75% healer power pool, no 25% cast range = longer fights?
no bots = more ppl will enjoy RvR and not staying at main keeps beging for buffs to do 1-2 runs
No changes for groups, and for stealthers... thers not many around on us classic, why bother with Vampiirs, Friars and that alike? And since people do use DI bots on normal servers, what makes you think people wont use ranged BBs on classic?
yes there still will be darkspire farming and stuff but the difference wont be that great -- come on 25 more stats will only be noticeable to stealthers ..
In that case, why you bother with fotm ToA templates? Ignoring stat caps, you can easily create a template with some ToA bonuses, few artifacts and cheap SC.
no op abilites that can change the entire battle -- banelord,brittle guards,bg!!,grapple
No FoP, no cure nearsight, you will soon realise how shit crack and pow songs are...
and another think .. most of the l33t groups from exc/pryd dont think they wil follow the rest on classic server ... so i think we ll avoid the huge rr difference for long time ...
I think good GGs will enjoy fighting GGs from french/german servers, while casual players will realise their performance is no better than on normal servers, and eventualy quit the server.
well do u remember when toa released ... for about 2-3 months rvr was dead...and then when all were finished with mls rushed out to rvr creating huge zergs ... that still exists ... so hope we avoid that too
I do not think, ToA put anything in this game to specificly support Zergs, so I do not see how there could be any difference between ToA and non-ToA.
and finally will c all that group setups that we all missed .. hibs pbaoe groups, mids pure tank groups , albs ..ehhmm .. hmm trying to zerg to get arpees :Pp
You simply cannot recreate "classic" feeling with removing ToA. Frontier has changed, RAs have changed, and all in all, people do know how to play this game much better than they did in the past. New determination and nerfed MoC are just 2 things that did shake that old caster/tank balance.

Your choice where you want to play, but to many casual players have hollow expectations, they will actualy perform better on classic, while they will most likely fall in the same range as on normal servers.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Gandelf wrote:I am looking forward tremendously to this server.

Also, I don't know about you, but the fact that Mythic (and subseqently GOA) have decided to introduce "Classic" servers, suggests only thing... that ToA was a mistake. Why else would they introduce new servers without ToA? Obviously, thousands of players have told Mythic they don't like ToA... there is no other reason. If players were happy with ToA, then Classic servers would not have been introduced.
I like ToA, it's just to much as a casual player to ToA all my chars, subsequently i am down to 2 chars that i am able to play. Some chars that i would like to play just cant compete, i have a rr6 bard, a rr5 bm and a rr4 ranger doing nothing cos i don't have time to toa them :< having said that i certainly won't have time to make them on a classic server :/
look, no hands!

Now retired

Moroex
Emerald Rider

Post by Moroex »

Ive played on Lamorak and Gareth since they went live, originaly i rolled a Savage on Lamorak because id never got to play Mid on EU servers and without ToA, tank groups were more viable than with it. I then left Lamorak for Gareth to play a Theurgist in the ranks of the Alb zerg, mainly because of time difference it was getting harder to get a RvR group not having joined a GG, instead opting for a large friendy guild.

1-50 took 2 weeks of semi-casual playing (i had some time off work), all done in TD's. Then getting all my temp done took another week ,8 peices from DS, a few quest items and the rest PM and SC'd. DS done well takes 1hr-ish and everyone gets 3-4 items, 1 item you proberbly need each, then 2-3 more drops to trade/sell. most grps will do 3-4 runs an evening or more till you get bored. So all in all i was fully kitted out and RvR'n in under 3 weeks ( and i was slow, if your a GG then you could achive this in 2 weeks easy.

I suppose what im trying to say is that "classic" servers are fast easy fun, you dont need to delete or become inactive on your ToA'd toons, it has its pro's and con's depending on where your looking at it from. Only thing i missed was FoP, but then they upped the mana regen rates. Major Pro was fights FGvFG lasted more than 10secs, infact some lasted 3-4mins+

If/when the classic goes live in EU ill prob come back and play here, with fully kitted 50's only taking 3-4weeks to make i dont feel as attached to the chars (good thing imo) but ill also look forward to playing my fully ToA'd bard/eld again (yes ive checked, i still seem to have all my stuff).

well anyway thats my experience because there seem to be alot of talk about classics in EU from people who haven't tryed it.

peace.

edit: vamps are just an average class at 50...its only in BG they shine and all DS equip has buff charges, so with them and pots no reason to be an unbuffed stealther.

Moroex
Emerald Rider

Post by Moroex »

HappyG wrote:I think good GGs will enjoy fighting GGs from french/german servers, while casual players will realise their performance is no better than on normal servers, and eventualy quit the server.

Your choice where you want to play, but to many casual players have hollow expectations, they will actualy perform better on classic, while they will most likely fall in the same range as on normal servers.
atleast its "good" players beating casual players. not casual players being beaten by people who's #1 skill is having no job.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Ok. And what makes you think "good" players play classic and "people with no job" play normal servers?
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”