12 Days Free

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

I have two accounts.

The first one I created has not got the free days.

The second one has but as far as a subscription goes they are both on the same account.

Makes no sense to me other than to suggest GOA are not getting this right 100% of the time.

I have RN'd it and look forward to a response (but not yet as peeps need their items back before I need my 12 days).
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Scabs wrote:lol utter shit, anyone with a character there should be given 12 days free. Just another stupid ruling by GoA AGAIN!
The account database is one database for all of Goa's customers - French, English, German, Italian and Spanish. There is no way from looking at an account in that database to tell where the characters are. The character database is a separate database for each server - one for Pyrdwen, one for Excalibur etc. There's no easy way to match the account info from that database with the main accounts database - at least not from out of game or from a character by character basis. This is why we were unable to give free days to only Prydwen players and why we had to include all English players even if they only played on Excalibur or Camlann. As it would have been much cheaper for us to single out Prydwen accounts, do you not think we'd have done this if it were actually possible?
We either had to give the free days to all our customers regardless - including all the French/Germans/Spanish/Italians or we gave it to those with an English account. Never mind the business implications of giving 12 free days to every single customer, there were plenty of strongly worded complaints that Excalibur players might benefit as it was.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

A Rock -> Goa <- A Hard Place

vampirela
Emerald Rider

Post by vampirela »

050915-000243

09/26/2005 09:50 PM
Hello,

First of all, we are sorry for the inconvenience you have been caused. Obviously a technical problem occurred while we wanted to add free days to the gamers who couldn’t log on to “prydwen” servers. We will solve this problem as soon as possible.
If you encounter the same problem more then a week, please update this incident.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

result least 1 got free days not checked other 2 yet (now maybe i'll still have few days of month left of subs on naked chars by time there refunded items)
guild night in rvr = :mezz: "Cast where ya driving us too, were ment go other way?"

Vampirela 50 anim
Szkrabek 50 Vamp
Castratia 50 bard :cake:
Simpathy 50 ranger

Farcry 47 warden
Soulless 41 druid

Guld Wars
Charon Sin - Monk - Ministry of life

Suelothvar 19 Heretic Lamorak US

Teador
Emerald Rider

Post by Teador »

V valid point requiel and yes it is I guess the only option you had, but can you at least answer the quest, if a player send a RN report saying they're on prydwen and thier acc was open at time of crash will u give them the 12 free days as they DID lose time ingame. You cannot do that for every player on your database but you can surely do that for the RN's as they come in 1by1.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

What's getting to me is that I wanted & bought a UK account.
The fact that my account is now flagged as a German account is entirely due to the lousy programming on GOAs website, which doesn't carry the selected language over into the Macromedia Flash applets or offer a fresh language choice.
As GOA erroneously flagged my acount as a German account, they won't give me the 12 days.

Customer: Buys correct product.
GOA: Screws up.
Customer: Could you fix it please?
GOA: No we can't.
Server goes down.
Customer: I didn't get the free days.
GOA: You chose the wrong subscription site.
Customer: Excuse me? YOU chose the wrong subscriptions site for me!?!
GOA: ...
Customer: Could you fix it please?
GOA: No we can't correct our own database.
Customer: OK so just give me the free days then.
GOA: NO, you chose the wrong subscriptions site.
Customer: AAAAARGHHHHH <pulls out hair>

So GOA will not give me the 12 free days compensation for the problems which GOA had with GOAs server, because GOA made a mistake with my initial subscriptions, which GOA claim they are unable to correct. Oh yes, and it's all my fault somehow.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

vampirela
Emerald Rider

Post by vampirela »

Sigh just looked after email 1 account got the days!! and suprise its not the NAKED account, just got email saying acount due to end, like fook will i repay another month to be naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guild night in rvr = :mezz: "Cast where ya driving us too, were ment go other way?"

Vampirela 50 anim
Szkrabek 50 Vamp
Castratia 50 bard :cake:
Simpathy 50 ranger

Farcry 47 warden
Soulless 41 druid

Guld Wars
Charon Sin - Monk - Ministry of life

Suelothvar 19 Heretic Lamorak US

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Teador wrote:V valid point requiel and yes it is I guess the only option you had, but can you at least answer the quest, if a player send a RN report saying they're on prydwen and thier acc was open at time of crash will u give them the 12 free days as they DID lose time ingame. You cannot do that for every player on your database but you can surely do that for the RN's as they come in 1by1.
Totally agree.
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Requiel wrote:No we promised all English players 12 days free. Unfortunately the criteria for being an English player is that you chose the English subscription site when you created the account. Country of origin doesn't matter and neither does the main site default.
So despite some customers paying for a full months service and only getting about 18 days worth on their chosen server you're not offering them any compensation at all?

I assume your get out clause is that they were still able to play on other servers whilst Prydwen was down too huh, even if they didn't have any characters there at all?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

This will be my last post in this thread, as I'm not accomplishing anything positive with it, and I don't want to make things worse than they already are. Here is why my account is classified as German i/o English. I only post it so others know why they might find themselves in a similar situation. Requiel, please accept my apologies if I caused you any additional & unnecessary stress.

==========
Response (CM) 09/28/2005 06:30 PM
Hello again,
The client is independant of the account and the CD-keys are not limited to certain territories. There is for example no such thing as a German CD-key nor an English CD-key. The site checks for the language of your browser and will forward you to the subscription site based on that. Geographic location is not a factor. As you use a German browser you are categorised as a German player, I am sorry but it is not possible to credit you with the free days.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
==========

P.S. This means that anyone not using an english-language web-browser probably won't have got the 12 free days either. Actually it might probably be more precise to say that it depends on the language version of your Macromedia Flash, but since this is probably automatically selected depending on the language of your web-browser it's more or less the same.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”