One reason why casters are disadvantaged...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Which is why it has absolutely nothing to do with game balance and game balance shouldn't be built around the fact someone can't target properly whilst everyone else can.

OK, I can appreciate your point, but let me throw something else in to see what people think...

Consider Windows 95/98/ME/XP (in fact most versions). With most versions, in the Control Panel you can select "Accessibility Options" to configure Windows according to personal needs. If you suffer from sort of visual impairment, for example, you can change the settings so that you can make the mouse pointer bigger, change the Windows colours to high contrast, make selecting with a mouse easier, etc. etc.

Do you think that such features should be available in DAoC? Should there be options for players with impairments?

I'm not certain it would be entirely possible, because there would be some players without an impairment who might abuse such features, but if such options are left out because of this, then isn't that a form of discrimination against those with impairments, who might long for such settings?

What do you think?

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Gandelf wrote: I'm not certain it would be entirely possible, because there would be some players without an impairment who might abuse such features, but if such options are left out because of this, then isn't that a form of discrimination against those with impairments, who might long for such settings?

What do you think?
I don't agree that everything should be designed to suit everybody, i think it is unreasonable to expect people to accomodate every secenario and every type of person. i am sure there are games out there which can be played by the physically impared, take solitare for example, so there you go, you have a game that can be played on windows and one that is goverened by settings in the windows accesability options.

Less daoc, more solitare!!
look, no hands!

Now retired

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

gandelf they made the mob cons +++ and --- so colorblinds could see what level their target is.
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

Except because of Buff bots casters can cast 5 so fast the tank already dead so u can run right up to some1 and kill em beofre they interrupt you , lose the buff bots , then i would agree that casters disadvantaged.

:moley:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Gandelf wrote:Might I ask all readers to refrain from insulting remarks please.
This was not an insult, true love, I know bugzy wants to kiss you and hug you and caress you all over.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Quinlan wrote:Actually not quiet. Every user has 'mana' which he/she can use to vote which slowly replenishes. This can be either positive or negative. The rating a person has currently is nothing more then a number. What is being discussed is when people have a (high) positive rating they can get special features. Like a custom title etc.

Then after you vote for a post and a next person votes the following can happen. He agrees with you and your mana grows. He disagrees with you and your mana gets less.

Think that is it in a nutshell
What if you are already overpowered and have a shiney title :<!

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Jupiler wrote:gandelf they made the mob cons +++ and --- so colorblinds could see what level their target is.

Hehe, I suppose you definitely have a point there m8y. :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lothandar wrote:This was not an insult, true love, I know bugzy wants to kiss you and hug you and caress you all over.

Now you're making be nervous!

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

In the time i have played tank or caster i havnt really got any targeting prob. The only problem i can see is the fact that a cordless mouse may be harder to control as fast and as good as a normal mouse.

Casters ofc they can get probs targeting something at range if its small or if it standing in a much of bigger races. but if the target move its much easier to follow when your at a distance.

As for Tanks i dunno if its just me but to use "nearest enemy" in rvr seem for me to be something near suicide. If you are unlucky you may target a slow tank or a pet which would mean you waste your time and time is the essence. If a player moves the movement will be much bigger than if your a caster because your so much closer but ofc the target will be bigger too.
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Poh wrote:In the time i have played tank or caster i havnt really got any targeting prob. The only problem i can see is the fact that a cordless mouse may be harder to control as fast and as good as a normal mouse.

Casters ofc they can get probs targeting something at range if its small or if it standing in a much of bigger races. but if the target move its much easier to follow when your at a distance.

As for Tanks i dunno if its just me but to use "nearest enemy" in rvr seem for me to be something near suicide. If you are unlucky you may target a slow tank or a pet which would mean you waste your time and time is the essence. If a player moves the movement will be much bigger than if your a caster because your so much closer but ofc the target will be bigger too.
I saw a video of a bard using nearest enemy to target stuff she wanted to mez, comic relief :D.

Stands there and slams the button while the game is stuck on 2 enemies which apparently just won't do. :D

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”