Discussion on restoration news

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Discussion on restoration news

Post by Quinlan »

Thought people might want to vent at the fact that GOA currently is halfway. So please do it here
Quinlan wrote: As posted by Zenyth on FH yesterday evening seems like they are halfway:

OK here's your update (and I apologise for not doing it more often we're a bit on the busy side and we managed to pass some kind of icky bug between us last week so that made it worse)

Of the total number of reports we have received we have made it through roughly half (please note that the first three days were the absolute worst of it and over half came in in that time period)

We are still receiving reports, which logically go to the back of the queue.

Guys I know it sucks and I know you want your stuff back and I know you really don't give a rats tail about those of us here doing the work, but we are doing this as fast as we possibly can and sending hate mail via RightNow really doesn't do anything but delay the process.
finland:
holland:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

'hate mail'? That sound rough. It also sounds like the support team have been landed right in it. Looks like a complete nightmare.

The major point is that when the restoration is finished on a character most people I have seen have been delighted.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

thing i dont get is that they give everyone plat's, when most of the people have cleared out the market with their excessive plat's what are the last few to be restored to do?

other thing is when i rightnow'ed i said i was missing everything and that i would never be able to list it all so i listed nothing, does this mean i wont get any items bk? do i need to rightnow again ? or will they take the time to check what i had~?
:asterixxx
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Asterixx mate please go here and read the info:

http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t=4249

There is an answer already there. The list compiled and is very comprehensive. Just saying you could not remember everything slows the whole process down and they will try to provide you with compensation for everything. My honest opinion is you should try to list the bits that matter.

Those bits I would have remembered on the two characters I have active. You have a lot more than me so you have my sympathy. If you update it there is an answer in there as well about where that places you on the queue.

So read the thread and then see what you think. :)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Aurulite v Plat as recompense

Post by Briannon »

I've thought about this because the restoration for my characters was aurulite and not plat. On balance I think aurulite was the best solution for my characters because the level range of those affected was 10 - 26. Equipping these alts in a full set of aurulite kit that cons yellow/orange for their level has made their stats quite good (maxed some of them).

But, having said that, I did give some thought as to whether there would have been any benefit from receiving plat instead of aurulite. The answer, for these alts, is "no" because the plat couldn't have bought anything better for their levels (sure I could have twinked them in all purple con stuff but that wouldn't have been much better than what they have now). In truth, had it been plat on the alts then that wouldn't have bought them the kit they now have.

So, in this case, aurulite not plat was the most logical solution to the problem. I therefore don't see the giving of aurulite instead of plat as some kind of inconsistent response, but a logical one.

I guess what I'm saying Asterixxx is that if you can't remember the items you had then you probably won't get items back, but if you get aurulite instead you will be able to kit out your characters quite nicely. I think on balance that the alts stripped by the database error are now probably slightly better off than they were before.

Tbh, I'm seriously thinking about auto renewal for a couple of months just to get the best fun out of these alts.

Hope that helps.

Gamblor
Emerald Rider

Post by Gamblor »

Me wrote:Good Morning,

I'm sorry to say that i got sick and tired of awaiting any responce from yourselves and i went and bought myself rog items from the Market Explorer for my Vamp.
However i had to spend 1.5 plat in order to kit him out.
I would like this money added ontop of what i am due to be given for my missing items.

the 1.5 plat was due to be used for him to become a alchmist, this has had to be scraped.

Thanks
thats what i sent to GoA via right now. the only update from them is back on the 7th , so come tomorrow thats 3 weeks and still nothing ...

I'm more peeved at the fact that i haven't heard a thing apart from the posts on FH and here about how they are doing.

I can understand the event that happened and i was considereding going to it, but after clearing myself out buying rogs for my vamp i just wanted to lvl a bit as i've been unable to :(.

Ahh will here is hoping
Gamblor Evilneonhammer Lvl 49 Champ :gamblor:
Samos Lvl 50 Animist
Noobynoodle Lvl 50 Warden
Garibaldi Lvl 47 Vamp
Ickleluwibomb Lvl 39 Chanter
Gambino lvl 39 Dr00d D00d

Mid/Glas

Gamblor Lvl 2x Savage
Yamis Lvl x Spirit Master
FinalFlash lvl 4x Warlock
Chereck Shadowblade
Gambet Hunter

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Gamblor wrote:thats what i sent to GoA via right now. the only update from them is back on the 7th , so come tomorrow thats 3 weeks and still nothing ...

I'm more peeved at the fact that i haven't heard a thing apart from the posts on FH and here about how they are doing.

I can understand the event that happened and i was considereding going to it, but after clearing myself out buying rogs for my vamp i just wanted to lvl a bit as i've been unable to :(.

Ahh will here is hoping

Did the same on my vamp, however i had some spare seals in vault so used them and farmed the rest, i still got 30 p for a level 36 vamp when the server went down, but when the char was restored she was around 41 so heh, no surprises there. If you manage so open DF (unlikely) then please leave a pm to me as I have spare emerald seals which I got also part of the bargain if you wish to level a lower char =)

Gamblor
Emerald Rider

Post by Gamblor »

thanks for the offer =).

However vamp is 44 now , kitted out reasonable ok.

and my Chimp farms in df whenever i get the chance ;P
so got enough emmys to swim in ...

if any1 needs any seals and we have df just look for me ;P
Samos Lvl 50 Animist
Garibaldi Lvl 47 Vamp

Mid/Glas

Gamblor Lvl 2x Savage
Chereck Shadowblade
Gambet Hunter

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Briannon wrote:
I guess what I'm saying Asterixxx is that if you can't remember the items you had then you probably won't get items back, but if you get aurulite instead you will be able to kit out your characters quite nicely. I think on balance that the alts stripped by the database error are now probably slightly better off than they were before.
the difference is your chars were low lvl, where as the chars i had stripped are at lvl 50, and were also holding vaults full of armour /items. i dont want to kit out lvl 50 chars with aurulite, i want to sort out templates for them. ty for info anyway
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Gamblor
Emerald Rider

Post by Gamblor »

asterixxx wrote:the difference is your chars were low lvl, where as the chars i had stripped are at lvl 50, and were also holding vaults full of armour /items. i dont want to kit out lvl 50 chars with aurulite, i want to sort out templates for them. ty for info anyway
alurite can cap most things , and willb e godo enoguh to farm/ML/arit' farm if u need.

My 'tic on excal is in mostly a alurtie suite , he has 1 arti active ( cyc shield) and i'm gona farm malice 3/3 sometime this week.

but i get 2.1 k hp's when back in my alurite suit/weapons . so it's good =)
Samos Lvl 50 Animist
Garibaldi Lvl 47 Vamp

Mid/Glas

Gamblor Lvl 2x Savage
Chereck Shadowblade
Gambet Hunter