One reason why casters are disadvantaged...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

One reason why casters are disadvantaged...

Post by Gandelf »

Casters are at a disadvantage because of the targetting system.

Consider...

Caster's main advantage is range, i.e. he can stand at around 1500+ range from the target and nuke. Therefore the caster has to rely on targetting MOSTLY by using the mouse pointer to select the target. This is fine when the target stands still, but how many players stand still long enough for them to be targetted? Targetting by mouse was nerfed so many patches ago, to the point that it is very difficult for a caster to target an enemy at range. Therefore the caster's advantage of range has been lessened considerably.
Of course, this affects every class, but it disadvantages ranged combatants more than others.

Consider...

A melee class... they don't usually need to target at range, but can get close up and use the "select nearest enemy" key to get an instant target without any problems. This fact therefore gives the melee class a distinct advantage.

Other ranged classes, such as archers also suffer the same targetting disadvantage, because they mostly have to rely on using the mouse pointer.

I accept that it is also possible to use assist, but this is not always possible and greatly interferes with the ranged player's ability to act as an independent force, which is an ability that every player is entitled to, regardless of class.

I strongly feel that the targetting system (by mouse) has been interfered with far too much and feel it is time that it should be restored to what it once was, or at the very least improved.

I would urge all ranged players who feel the same to submit feedback to Mythic/GOA.

But just to repeat briefly.... Caster's advantage is range, which is negated considerably by difficult mouse targetting.

Melee classes use of "nearest enemy" targetting plays to their advantage.

If casters cannot use their range advantage fully because of this targetting flaw, then their advantage is gone.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Might I ask all readers to refrain from insulting remarks please.

Zupernova
Emerald Rider

Post by Zupernova »

omg .. what negative reply ... does the prase '' if you dont have anything interesting to say , dont say anything '' ? ... tell you anything m8 ?...
:gopack: Prydwen - March Horde :gopack:

Zupernova 50 ench, Powah 50 Dr00d

pikeh: Excal - Black Shadows pikeh:

Viruz 50 Sham , Uhh 50 RM , Twoblade 50 Sav , Neridah 50 War.

:hug: MLF - Albion :jedi:

Gucchi - 50 Pali, Sweetfire 50 Wiz, Doomblade 50 inf

:ranger: Camlann :moon:

Ayaxilinix 50 Ranger - Joliea 50 WL - Hugzy 50 Nec - Hugza 50 Than

:nana: Glast - Hib :nana:

Legendary 50 Vamp - Highlander 47 Druid

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Imo tanks have the disanvantage in most situations, needing to charge into a hord of whatever to get whatever target that is prefered to be killed first, ok it's not all to bad when running around facing 1fg vs 1fg, but taking keeps, defending keeps etc etc etc, fun to be a Tank then ohyeah ;<, and well the only one that can do anything really is mages ;D

playing a mage atm is nice imo.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I think... <closes his mouth when he realize the information wont really reach gandelf anyway> ..

<walks away>

/Ankh

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I think... <closes his mouth when he realize the information wont really reach gandelf anyway> ..

<walks away>

/Ankh

Smart move probably ;P

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I don't mind negative feedback, just so long as folk don't resort to calling you an "idiot"... or worse. What's wrong with simply saying "I disagree"? Why resort to insults?

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Hmm

Post by Wyst »

So easy for tanks eh

ping Hit charge run at enemy

F8 bah fossil healer
F8 bah bone commander
F8 bah BD
F8 bah the zerker up my ass
F8 bah the savage up my ass

wheres that dwarf healer.... over there

whoosh he zips off the screen, swing round bosh bosh bosh bah DI3

/release

Dont claim to be a great tank but using F8 as the targetting dont work too well for tanks either
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Kias
Emerald Rider

Post by Kias »

:arti:
kaisar - einherjar
kiasar - elding fru
kias - silver hand
botabalans - savant :<
kanimist the animist :arti:

maji
Emerald Rider

Post by maji »

If you are refering to fg rvr, tanks don't have it easy because the majority of people know how to stafe so they find it hard landing styles which isn't possible to do to a caster even with runthrough if the caster is using range.

Targetting can be a problem at range but once you have a target its unlikely you're going to fail nuking someone because of poor game mechanics.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”