Greed of scrolls,artifacts

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Downy
Emerald Rider

Post by Downy »

centurion wrote:love story 3of3 for 40 p makes babies cry for sure!

Well it sold! :p

Was nice surprise since i was never expecting to sell it for that price.
Downy-SW/BW/SM on War

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="Bugzy"]Btw, listing the name of the guild won't help you in anyway. I'm sure i speak for all of Marsh Horde officers when i say that we can't condemn or act on his actions. It was a personal decision.

Just so you know ]

I'm sure it wasnt an attack on Marsh horde itself, just the player himself. But since he perfectly defended himself I dont see what was wrong with his actions. (unless the high price of the scroll)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Sorry Anikin has provided a reasonable defence, in all the time I have known him in the Horde he has been nothing but a fun geezer. It sounds like the real problem might have been on that weird first roll.

No matter, to be honest if your gonna form farming groups would it not make more sense to try and farm one scroll that each person needs in advance? Keep the scrolls on someone's CM and keep farming til the total lot of scrolls has been secured. Then any others taken in the drop are anything goes rolls. If it is not on the person's list then it is up for grabs.

One off farming is not the way to do this because someone is always going to be gutted.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ovi wrote:Actually a lot of Hib/Pryd don't do it, and on the whole will respect need before greed, as long as it's stated before hand.

Since news of the clustering though things seem to have changed :(

Never roll just to get something, If I can use it for a char sure, but have never rolled for anything to sell. :satyn2:

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

well most of the time i wouldnt roll for something i do not need on any of my chars however sometimes you cheat yourself by not rolling in FFA because almost anyone else do it. Ofc would be best if you only rolled for something you need like on ml6 we killed eriny enc and battler and as far as i remember a drood got eriny and a bainshee got battler which is kinda sad i think.

I also know that those damn randoms can get quite boring yesterday after ml7 while we were randoming i got so bored i rolled for a key which ofc i got. Sad how you sometimes get something you dont expect and really dont need because i always seem to get something crappy from chests :(

Trading with a guildie or using for alts is ok but selling something you rolled for and got on a raid is going a bit too far i think.
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

The actual raid rules where:

Roll for what you need, If you dont NEED the scroll and somone else does then that person gets it.
If the scroll is NOT needed then it will be rolled for and sold / used in whatever way the /random winner wants.

The fact of the matter is that this RS3/3 was won by somone claiming to need it who then put it on his cm the same night as the raid for 28p when he knew somone else on the raid actually needed it and even rolled against them.

No one can say if he intended to sell it or if he intended to use it. The matter was resolved in game to the extent of a miserable forced appology. What is wanted by The raid leader is the scroll returned.

At the moment, yes he has taken it off his cm and claims he will use it for his ranger, but what is to say he wont use it on his ranger or that he even has a ranger and will instead sell it / trade it for plat's / scrolls which is against the rules of that raid.

People commenting on this thread who dont actually know what is going on or happend should watch their tounge's and be a little more curtious especially when the topic starter is not in the wrong.
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

I was online when Anikin posted in /gu about this - he was completely bemused by the first roll which was a tie.

I am glad you posted Xcerus. I assume that your rules also stated that in the event of a tie the person who rolled first would get the scroll? If not why did you not re-roll? Can you confirm this and point us to the link where the rules were posted?

You have not discussed the fact that Anikin felt aggrieved at what looked like a manipulation of the rules. Please confirm that it was written up there in black and white.

Now I was not there and I won't claim any special insight but having heard Anikin complain about the first roll I am not surprised that he then went for the RS 3 of 3. In the event if you make a rule that depends on 'claims of need' you really are asking for trouble especially when it comes to these sorts of things.

Does that make him right? No. Does it make his actions understandable Yes. Would I do it? No. But I am not him and I was not in that situation. So I cannot answer for him. I can sadly see the logic.

So just clarify if the roll first in the event of a tie rule was there and I will accept that in this instance Anikin would have acted wrongly.

Otherwise I would ask you to respect the fact that this is a public forum the thread starter took it to a public place and of course it will be discussed even by those who were not there. Otherwise why post it here?

kind regards

Sharkith

p.s. the most honest raids I have seen so far are the ones tha do not involve a 'need' rule. But that is another discussion entirely and I am open to debate it.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Sharkith wrote: Otherwise I would ask you to respect the fact that this is a public forum the thread starter took it to a public place and of course it will be discussed even by those who were not there. Otherwise why post it here?
Indeed, saying "well those who were not there should watch their tongue" AFTER posting a happening on a public forum is quite hypocritical.

My lava-hot 2 cents.

In the end we all just want some tomato throwing.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

It's sad but you simply can't leave such things to human nature, as it only takes one person having a moment of weakness to roll against you then sell the scroll.

Either only farm with people you trust, or make it absolutely clear that selling the drops is not allowed. You'll find it marginally harder to fill the farming group, but you will at least get the scroll when it drops if noone else needs.

On the other hand, although you can't rely on altruism across the board, you will find a surprising number of people with big hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave Myt that scroll soon. I'll do so if it drops to a group I am in and noone needs.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

I was not the raid leader....

I was there at the start of the raid when the rules where laid out handing some stuff over to a friend for a lowbie alt of his. Thats how i know what the rules were. Afaik there are no online rules but they were clearly stated before the raid commenced.

once more for clarity I was NOT the raid leader. I was the one who contacted MH to attempt to resolve this incident on behalf of a friend of mine who was on the raid.
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”