12 Days Free

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

Belisar wrote:I kind of think we are now looking for complaints and issues at every opportunity and perhaps where there are none to be found.
simple maths helps you there:

1, server gone down on august 24th.
2, today is september 15th.

if you count the days from point 1 till point 2 you will get something close to 23 days (AND COUNTING may i add).

We have paid for full service, not 50% not 90%... we have paid for 100% usage of our accounts and ppl (like me) with unresolved problem (naked char??? wtf?) are being ripped off with this 12 days bullshit (i didnt get a mail yet though). I wont even go into details about the days some ppl need to spend on their restored chars to get them back to their pre_corruption status. Too bad nobody got the economical or political power to force goa to be abit more sensitive about customer support...

You must be a Goa fan or something to see this as a fair compensation. The most saddening part in this thread is that letter from Goa, they really seem to be under the impression of "well done guys, we fixed and our customers are happy"

And before anyone goes mental about "ool0o0l0l you r like sad irl cuz u dont have a toon in a virtual universa ahahah sad git", no its not the case at all. But i dont like being handled as an idiot or somebody that likes to get ripped off, especially not as i have to make similar decision like GoA regarding customer partnership ( of course on alot smaller scape). A happy customer is the best friend of any company, i'm truly shocked that GoA didnt learn this so far. I just cant imagen that one more dude at the company updating the site with information every 3-4 hour or a moderated chatroom (when problems occour of course, not permanently maybe ask one of the cleaners?) would cost billions of euros to keep up compared to the + reputation it would get for the company.

note: as Gamemasters did on FH which is not the official site though (to be honest, it wasnt an order more like humanity of the gm's towards the community) while server down, but they got loads of work to do instead of posting stuff around atm, thats why i cant see whats up with the management there,,,

oh well, spam over :P
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Belisar wrote:I am a bit confused by this.

Let me make up a situation to explain my confusion.

My subs run out on 30th September.
My only toon does not get sorted until 28th September and is the last one to be done.

If they give the free period now, it prolongues my subs period so they run out on 12th October giving me 14 days of play.

If they give me the free period on 29th September (when all are sorted) it prolongues my subs until the 12th October and I still get 14 days of play.

Therefore why does it make a difference if they give the free period now or in 12 days time as long as it is added to your subs time to extend the days available before I need to renew ? Incidently I cannot read where it says the free period will start now.
The issue is for people who subs are closed, there is little point re-opening their account and giving them free days while they wait for their items to be restored. OTOH, they are probably not really entitled to it anyway :). If your subs ran out the day after the problems, why should you get free days at all.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Another problem is that the Xp bonus and RvR bonus, which ends tomorrow, is of little use for naked characters.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Mojo wrote:Is it enough for you people who suffered?

:o

Not if the character is still stripped and unplayable.

Free days or pay days, if your main is still stripped then they are all unplayable days. Fortunately it's not my mains that are stripped so I suppose 12 free days would be ok.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Maeloch wrote:Nothing can ever compensate for the suffering GoA incompetance has inflicted on thousands of innocent people! Nothing! The stress of a life without DAoC has given me acne on my chin!

Better on your chin than somewhere else ;-0
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Maeloch wrote:Nothing can ever compensate for the suffering GoA incompetance has inflicted on thousands of innocent people! Nothing! The stress of a life without DAoC has given me acne on my chin!
roflmao
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

big muff pi rox
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Unliving
Emerald Rider

Post by Unliving »

It's better than nothing, I have stopped hoping every night that my chars have been restored when I get home from work.

On the plus side I've rediscovered the phone and the TV :satyn1:
Unliving the Vampiir
Seanchan the Mentalist
Messberry the Ranger

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Dorin...

Before trying to argue with my posts please actually read them - it helps honest.

I clearly said that if you think that the 12 day period is not long enough then that is a different argument (and for the record one I would have sympathy with). My only confusion is why people feel that granting the 12 day period now is unfair on those who do not have their characters restored.

I am not a GOA fan, if you have read any of my other posts on the subject (on different threads) I have been quite critical at times of various issues surrounding the downtime. I do however try to be balanced and not pick holes in everything they do.

Lairiodd..

Fair point actually. There must be some who suffered the downtime and whose subs ran out after the server was back but could not play as their toon was stripped. The numbers I guess would be small.

GOA have said they will try to look after the majority and are unable to place free subs related fixes for individuals. In a way I can understand that would be very hard (and time consuming) to do but I think everyone should be treated equally. If your toon(s) has been stripped and this has prevented you playing in the same way everyone else has then ideally you should get something extra. Sadly in this case I feel idealism and realism are some way apart.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Btw, it seems that some people have had their free days added. However, if you account is closed then you didn't get any.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”