Slight issue in leading raids ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Seanchai wrote: stuff
1) Forget about the series, just grab the parts you can when you can.

2) PuGs can be fun if you let them :) I have done the ML7 group steps (Inc 7.7 everytime...) with some wierd and wonderful group setups. I actually find taking 8 chars and finding a way to work more fun than taking an Optimial group robotically through encounters.

3) Agree, but tbh I don't see many raids without a goal, although some don't explain the goal sufficiently (especially Scroll farms & how they are split).

4) I don't have a problem turning up to a raid if the only person knowing the plan is the raid leader, as long as the plan is explained before the steps. I bet not many people read, and even fewer remember plans given out before hand anyway.

Most of the harder raids will have quite a few experienced people with a rough idea of the tactics anyway, and Raid leaders usually know who those experienced people are and make use of them ;)

Nothing above is meant as a dig, just a different view of the situations you describe. Personally I gave up and went to WoW easy mode ;)

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Scabs wrote:As it has been posted before in this thread, alot of people would like to run raids but feel there is too much pressure. I know I'd like to run raids / artis session but feel that I don't know enough about them to run the well enough to be effective.

Saying that I will be running ML7 dungeon farming sessions and ML5 farming sessions soon. Which don't take much organising
try to start with something your comfortable with.
For example you have been taking people into the ML7 scroll hunting, you could adapt that to helping people pass the group steps so that when a ML7 /bg comes up they can just turn up for that.
i found the best way to do it is to take 2 groups and split up to farm/collect factions then regroup and do the steps.
Do the ones diagnal to each other and rotate after each (as they dont seem to like you restarting them straight after)
Then if you fancy it finish off by kicking Flameboy. <grin>

Everyone runs raids differantly and some peoples styles dont suit others but if you give it a good shot and make it so people have fun then you cant really go wrong. (apart from when i took over the ML8 one and really screwed up :( )
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Aran_Thule wrote: (apart from when i took over the ML8 one and really screwed up :( )
If you are going to screw up, may as well make a good job of it ;)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

[quote="Ovi"]If you are going to screw up, may as well make a good job of it ]

As long as everyone has fun then screwing up isn't a problem. The hardest part of leading is the entertaining bit.
But as Aran said, do small steps. Do things that are fun to you like an arti encounter, some group steps, simple hunts in GG and AG or even in Mesothalassa.

If it doesn't work out one evening, try again.

The most important part as a leader is to convince people to do what you want. As we are not military, it is not possible to command. It gets hard if when I have to make unpopular decisions but I have learned to live with them.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Asysh
Emerald Rider

Post by Asysh »

It would be handy if there was an in-game method of arraning stuff, using the Bard of Tir Na nÓg NPC's for example...

klonk
Emerald Rider

Post by klonk »

Asysh wrote:It would be handy if there was an in-game method of arraning stuff, using the Bard of Tir Na nÓg NPC's for example...
Yup, so ppl could check what's on for today.. the bards are everywhere, and pretty damn annoying as it is now (no use, only spam 3 lines of text if you get too close to them :p)
Hibernia/prydwen:
Myshkin - lvl 47 - celt Bard
Maktub - lvl 2x - shar Hero
<Keepers of the Grove>

Midgard/excalibur:
Frekke - rr8L2 - norse Healer - mend/pac
Klonk - rr5L5 - troll Warrior - axe/shield
Fanden - 1150 skill weaponmakerdude

Camlann:
Fanden - lvl 37 troll Berserker

Seanchai
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanchai »

Sure Ovi :)

But I guess my point about the series raids is attending say 8 raids (random number from thin air) is it is very likely that you could get nothing for it. Fine if you like PvEing for PvE's sake, but not my preference :P

Agree that PuG's CAN be fun, it is just 9 times out of 10 they suck for whatever reason i.e. poor class balance (less of a problem), AFK, ppl leaving halfway - you get the gist.

Yes I suppose I should clarify that more - less a case of 'No Goals set' more a case of 'Vague Wooly Intentions'

It bothers me greatly tbh - if the plan isn't communicated clearly before the damned thing starts it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that that will happen at the start of the raid :P

Thanks for the input
Seanchai - Mentalist Migraine Giver
Duchasa - Druid Cheerleader
Mycophycophyta - Animist Farmer
Draiodior - Eldritch Butler

<Eden Falls>

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Every raid you attend is one less you need to get to ML10 ;)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

I just wish people would listen AND know what their class is capable of.

We missed one step on ML5 group steps due to someone using an insta in the group that shouldn't get credit.

As a leader would I expected to explain all these details? Or can I expect that players know their classes? If not, do I have to play all toons in a raid?
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Malisha
Emerald Rider

Post by Malisha »

in my opinion ,

you forget handle things with less peeps, espiacally without shrooms and fop

at least, low pop means low power... but even more organise an controle
playin all together to handle this...

so whats easier, make 50 peeps doing tactics or 100?
ok it is a bit harder cause everbody needs to take all out of his char.
50 Shield Hero

<|Luna Caligo|>
Natures Eye Alliance

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”