GoA say what? FFS!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

Yeah. My 6 + 2 chars havent been fixed either. Although I only got to report on tuesday due to not being able to log in before.

Somehow it think they check the list that someone requests and if its too long they hold on to it till the end or something.
US Classic (all realms) & Lance/Alb & Limors

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

shouldnt be like that should be first come first served unless the gimp answering reading and answering the e-mails <assuming he doesnt have rights to do anything else> can fix it himself like somone lost 1p or whatever, less bull more results damn it, all i can say is that they are lucky SOB's that i am away over the weekend so will feel this sting less than most, but if im not sorted before freebie xp runs out im going to be MIGHTY pissed off, so be forwarned and get ready to cover those sensitive ears in the future.

oh and GOA, ADMIT ITS GOING TITS UP WE MAY LIKE YOU MORE THAN WHEN YOU PRETEND ITS ALL FINE!
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Childofkhain wrote:shouldnt be like that should be first come first served unless the gimp answering reading and answering the e-mails <assuming he doesnt have rights to do anything else> can fix it himself like somone lost 1p or whatever, less bull more results damn it, all i can say is that they are lucky SOB's that i am away over the weekend so will feel this sting less than most, but if im not sorted before freebie xp runs out im going to be MIGHTY pissed off, so be forwarned and get ready to cover those sensitive ears in the future.

oh and GOA, ADMIT ITS GOING TITS UP WE MAY LIKE YOU MORE THAN WHEN YOU PRETEND ITS ALL FINE!
they havent said it is all fine. They said it is slowly getting back to normal. this means there are still people with problems but the mayority is fixed. However much it sucks can only be patient
finland:
holland:

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Celedth wrote:Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I think this needs to be clear:

It's not your property. You don't own anything on the servers. GOA (or Mythic if you play on the US servers) own your characters and their items, not you. What you pay GOA for is access to the service (playing the game) not for them to store your virtual property.

If anything you can sue them for not delivering the service you can resonable expect from the "deal" you have made. I'd be very suprised though if the deal (the CoC) does not have a "void in case of techical problems outside GOAs control" and/or a clause that allowes them to change the service without your consent. Techically and realistically the only option you have is the choice whenever you wish to continue to pay for the service or not.

And in the CoC the following piece can be found:

GOA can however not be held responsible for difficulties in accessing DAOC that may be due to your Internet access conditions and, more generally, for any malfunction of interruption to your Player Account connected to or resulting from an act of God.

The current database errors would fall under the last bit.

As I don't believe in God then as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as an act of God - everything's GOA's fault :)
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

their policy is riddled with monoathistical inconsistancies, they say God, not djinn or nimph's or pixy's but GOD a capital God and thus probbably a judo christian God and as such man has been giving the power of free will BY God and so an act of God covers anything as the server was most likley made and maintaind by a human.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Childofkhain wrote:their policy is riddled with monoathistical inconsistancies, they say God, not djinn or nimph's or pixy's but GOD a capital God and thus probbably a judo christian God and as such man has been giving the power of free will BY God and so an act of God covers anything as the server was most likley made and maintaind by a human.
a judo christian god = 133t bible bashing kung-fu mastah?

:devlin:
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

act of God

result...means you can play daoc in heaven :)
bet you dont get lag either ..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

You cannot escape the Kismet!
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

i gota admit they did say that it would be resolved in the email with in 48 hours. im now waiting for 4 days now so i can see why ppl are getting a bit frustrated tbh expecially when some have neally all classes stripped and they can not play cause of no chars toa out, and they still have to pay for game now thats wrong.

i.e they gif free lvl bck to 2 days what good is that if the char that as been stripped is the 1 that needs xping so buy time my gf vamp gets stuff bck the 11 days will be over so she not guna get benifit of the extra xp / 2 days free lvl

you should get the extra xp + free lvl when your chars have been corrected
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

People just need to calm down a little and stop this slating..
whine on FH CF thats where people whine dont drag this forum in the gutter also.. (its gettin low enough as it is without ur help)

Mods should be sorting this out not adding to it. Impartial is a mods rule.

Goa gm`s are doing as much as they can and as fast as they can and i know that for a fact as ive been in daily contact with all of them..

There isnt just Hib to fix you know theres Mid and Alb. and no realm is being favoured.. its first come first served basis on the Rn reports.
If you logged on to Camlann or Excal. they ull get sidelined as they havnt got the time to be hunting you down.. the time is better spent rectifying other accounts if ur logged on at the time its ur turn on Prydwen ull be asked to log off for a few minutes.. what people are forgetting is that every claim has to be checked against quest logs and artifact encounter logs to backup what has been lossed or what people Say has been lost..these things take time..
I know how it feels I had a main char. cleared out and got F.A back as i couldnt remember what i had and i personally dont hold thew items as a major loss as it is a game and not that important to make myself stressed over it.. everything can be replaced its material.
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”