A simple question I want Requiel to answer

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

A simple question I want Requiel to answer

Post by Trez »

When did the corruption of the files start???

My ranger got totally stripped, and all he has been doing for the last 2 months at least are RvR and handing over money to one of my girlfriend chars, so if the trading of money can corrupt files then ok, but if not...

Then GOA got a huge fucking problem, then they surely need ppl to look at the DB ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!

He lost quest items that wasn't replaced as well btw... even tho the standard replay was "We replace artifacts and quest items"

So Requiel when did it start???

And NO I dont wanna see the rest of u spam this thread with alot of ass kissing or opposite stuff, I just want the answer end of story.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

calm down, relax, take a couple of deep breaths, come online and work it out on me :D You know that works.

I hope you get an answer but I think the gm's got better things to do atm then to roam the boards. So dont get any more upset than you already are, like i said its a game. And ppl in FS will help you get everything back in order.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Litmoose
Emerald Rider

Post by Litmoose »

u seem a mong
uk:

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

All the characters for each server are in the same database. There's not a separate database for each character, and neither are there separate ones for deleted, inactive, RVR active, PVE only or crafting only characters. Basically the database contains all the characters on Prydwen regardless of what they've been doing or how recently they've been played. It's not that your character did something that corrupted his inventory, it's that the part of the database that contained your characters was corrupted and your characters and characters stored in the same general area lost items.

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Oki, so it was just bad luck that 6 of my chars got stripped and was imo poorly compensated?

what about the quest items???

My ranger, Ironbow, had the cloak from the Lost Relic quest, but it wasn't restored, an error or one of the corrupted files u couldn't read???

And Satyn thx for the offer hun :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

You should consider yourself lucky, there are those like myself who they haven't even gotten to yet >.<

Celedth
Emerald Rider

Post by Celedth »

Adding my question here rather then creating a new thread...

For those of us that have inactive accounts that we're considering reopening:

Is there any way for us to find out besides opening our accounts to know if we have been effected? My play time, if I'd reopen my account, would be limited and I quite honestly wouldn't be that interested in spending my playtime trying to get my equipment back in shape rather then continue from where I left off.

(It's not the actual cost that concerns me; it's rather the principle that I'm not that keen on paying for a something I don't know the shape off)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

[quote="Celedth"]Adding my question here rather then creating a new thread...

For those of us that have inactive accounts that we're considering reopening:

Is there any way for us to find out besides opening our accounts to know if we have been effected? My play time, if I'd reopen my account, would be limited and I quite honestly wouldn't be that interested in spending my playtime trying to get my equipment back in shape rather then continue from where I left off.

(It's not the actual cost that concerns me]

I think you can send in a RN query asking if your account had items deleted.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Trez wrote:Oki, so it was just bad luck that 6 of my chars got stripped and was imo poorly compensated?

what about the quest items???

My ranger, Ironbow, had the cloak from the Lost Relic quest, but it wasn't restored, an error or one of the corrupted files u couldn't read???

And Satyn thx for the offer hun :)
did you tell RN which quest items had been deleted?
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

When my character was looked at and 'fixed' as far as possible one of the things that was not restored was the paidrean necky - this despite it being a quest item and a non-sellable or non-tradeable item.

I simply updated the RN response pointing this out and within 30 mins had the necky back.

So they may not get it right first time and you may need to send an update, but in my case they got there in the end.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”