Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

what a coincidence - Xest you know the way you were saying someone got into the system before? Is this the incident:

http://rapidshare.de/files/4859926/..._emain.wmv.html

;p

Reported here of course:

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?p=2454895#post2454895
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I don't see why my argument could be more flawed. I never implied anything whatsoever about where or how often you go on holiday. I was saying that peoples impressions of things depend on whether or not they are on holiday. Maybe most countries have worse service than the UK; certainly France can be diabolical if you are an English speaker.
Well you made it sound like you were suggesting that I only thought the US offered better customer service just because I was on holiday, my response is that that isn't the case because I've been on holiday elsewhere yet not been pleasantly suprised by the service, hence disproving that there's any link between me going on holiday and my view of customer service whilst I'm on holiday :p
Sharkith wrote:what a coincidence - Xest you know the way you were saying someone got into the system before? Is this the incident:

]http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... ost2454895[/URL]
Yep that's the one ;) I'm guessing it was before your time? If so then I should let you know that the real visible results of the hack itself only happened for a night or so whilst the people doing it spawned various high level mobs in emain. Of course, one night with that kind of issue isn't too bad, we could deal with that.

What really was annoying was GOA's response to what happened that night, iirc the servers came down for a couple of days and when they came back up. Following that GOA then decided to reset everyone's passwords (which is fair enough) but of course, in true GOA fashion it took GOA like 2 weeks to e-mail everyone out there passwords which, as Cyfr pointed out recently elsewhere is odd seeing as spammers manage to chuck out a few million e-mails a day :p On top of that there was then the issue of people who didn't have uptodate e-mail addresses not receiving their new passwords and hence losing their accounts, or if they'd traded accounts (which to be fair on GOA is against their terms) their pass maybe e-mailed to the old owner and in some cases people lost accounts that they had purchased. If you were unfortunate enough to lose access to your account because of this you had to contact GOA and have the passwords sent you via snail-mail or some such, all in all leaving some people without their accounts for an entire month, even though they'd paid their subs. It was just another case of GOA making a bad situation worse :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

Xest wrote:Following that GOA then decided to reset everyone's passwords (which is fair enough) but of course, in true GOA fashion it took GOA like 2 weeks to e-mail everyone out there passwords which, as Cyfr pointed out recently elsewhere is odd seeing as spammers manage to chuck out a few million e-mails a day :p
Well, i bet the ad-spammers don't have to deal with OT............
I blame the bastids that made OT for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But to be serious, sending out spam-mails and passwords is a totally different thing. GOA had to send unique emails to everyone of us seperatly. The spammers just adds shitloads of email adresses in the send-list. Guess goa could have made it in a few hours if they had given all of us same passy......
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Guinnessrules wrote:Well, i bet the ad-spammers don't have to deal with OT............
I blame the bastids that made OT for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But to be serious, sending out spam-mails and passwords is a totally different thing. GOA had to send unique emails to everyone of us seperatly. The spammers just adds shitloads of email adresses in the send-list. Guess goa could have made it in a few hours if they had given all of us same passy......
Wouldn't be hard to automate it with random passwords tbh :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Sharkith wrote:what a coincidence - Xest you know the way you were saying someone got into the system before? Is this the incident:

]http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... ost2454895[/url]

Eh?

All I get is an ad for a file download service. Am I missing something here?
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Briannon wrote:Eh?

All I get is an ad for a file download service. Am I missing something here?
Briannon dear - try reading the bit that says "You want to download a file. Please scroll down to choose FREE or PREMIUM-download." :p

Try clicking on free download and then you will be put in a queue after a bit the file will appear for download..... right click and well you know the rest....

The soundtrack is funny and the video - well I still laugh at it.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”