GOA's ROG items are a load of poo!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

GOA's ROG items are a load of poo!

Post by Gandelf »

GOA wrote:Random items on Prydwen

As you will know, it is not possible for us to directly replace randomly generated items (ROGs), however many players were making use of these in their templates. Until now we were compensating the loss of these items with gold however we appreciate that this is not the best answer as there is a distinct lack of items to spend this gold on.

We are pleased to announce then that new merchants have appeared in the capital cities of all the realms. These will take special vouchers and exchange them for high value ROGs. These vouchers will be given to players that have reported losing ROG items and will also be purchaseable so that those who have already recieved gold can replace their losses.

These merchants will remain available for the next couple of weeks.

In Tir Na Nog they are in the stables near to the East Gate
In Camelot they will be found by the Defenders of Albion
In Jordheim you will find them near to the westernmost marketplace

You spend 1 plat to buy a special Magic Gem, which you can exchange for a "high value" rog item.

My advice: Don't waste your money... because the items are a load of ****! I got a ****y staff, which wasn't even 100% quality and which would normally only sell for about 200g on the MH.

So don't waste your Plat. It's a load of rubbish.

Everyone send a complaint to GOA... give them hell, tell them the goods aren't worth the downtime we suffered.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

just swear pls :p

i think the goods are to replace the rog that people have lost - not cuz of downtime.
Those people have got 75p (some have not sure about others) so could afford the 1p to waste on it :p also they get tokens.
The merchants are not for mere mortals like us :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Obviously don't make weapons.. The best RoGs are usually jewels / cloth and you have to do it a lot more than once to get a good RoG.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

lol Gandelf swore.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:lol Gandelf swore.

Well, if "sh" word is a swear word... then I'll eat my hat!

The spelling of it as "S" "H" "E" "I" "T", I hope will be appreciated in its ethnic context. I did not wish to Anglicise the word, but rather present it in the more acceptable central-European dialect, in the same vein that "Winer" would become "Weiner" and thereby represent and appeal to the bulk of European DAoC players.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

As I understand it the rogs are Aerus City based drops so about as high as they can go. Reading this and FH forums it was clear they should not be used if you were expecting some uber item with the stats of an arti.

But those who have free gems may well get something to replace the rog they lost rather than just sitting on a a pile of cash and have nothing to spend it on. Even if you got something worth 200g at least there is a chance that someone else may like it (even at 200g) and so an economy awash with cash has a little stimulation.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:Well, if "sh" word is a swear word... then I'll eat my hat!

The spelling of it as "S" "H" "E" "I" "T", I hope will be appreciated in its ethnic context. I did not wish Anglicise the word, but rather present it in the more acceptable central-European dialect, in the same vein that "Winer" would become "Weiner" and thereby represent and appeal to the bulk of European DAoC players.

gandelf :)

youre one in a million :) :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

joel
Emerald Rider

Post by joel »

They're partly crap, partly good.
I've blasted 20p on them and I've gotten a high-utility scale helmet (95% qual but who gives a shit) with 8 dexcap and a RoG Hammer with 3x 6% resist, 6% buff and 6% heal bonus which perfectly fit my template.
I'm not complaining atleast. It just depends which NPC you use I guess. It took me a while to figure out that some are for gem/rings, some for armor, and some for weapon. :)

Weapon NPC works best for druid cause you _only_ (Atleast I did, on 20 tries) get 1h weapons and weapons you can use. If you use the armor one, you will either get a random armor part (which might not be possible to use due to your template or whatever) or a small shield - the latter one is hard to get though.
If you use the jewelery one, you'll get worthless crap which you can't use due to artifact choices (EoY, JS, Scorp tail, CB, Zo').

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Banana wrote:gandelf :)

youre one in a million :) :)

Thank you Nana :)

Actually, in the UK, going by present population levels I am probably at least on in 57 Million. What the figure would be for the whole of Europe, I don't know. On a global scale it is likely to be represented by at least a ten-figure integer. ;)

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gandelf wrote:You spend 1 plat to buy a special Magic Gem, which you can exchange for a "high value" rog item.

My advice: Don't waste your money... because the items are a load of ****! I got a ****y staff, which wasn't even 100% quality and which would normally only sell for about 200g on the MH.

So don't waste your Plat. It's a load of rubbish.

Everyone send a complaint to GOA... give them hell, tell them the goods aren't worth the downtime we suffered.
Seems you dont get the RANDOM object generation........

You have to be lucky to get a nice item that fits your char..RANDOM being the keyword
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”