nothing (added by request)
6%
nothing (added by request)
28%

Total votes: 127

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

This thread needs modding.. and splitting, and a spam section needs creating and ya need to go visit it.

and for the record I voted "Nothing" as much as people like to jump on Xest and gode him because they know he will take the bait and some of it is done on purpose (we all know it is cus we used to do it to wind him up back in the days, and get him going, was fun :mischev: ) and im not a Xest groupy either.. ive had my fair share of "discussions" shall we say with him.. :glare:

but i do think the comment was out of order and he will probably think the same.. but weve all made the odd mistake in the heat of a discussion.. people are forgetting the amount of Info he brought to this board over Toa and help and advice and pointing us to the right places.. plus all the class info on how its working out on the US servers and which are doing well and which are not.. yes they are his own personal opinions but from a knowledgable player who has played most classes throughtout this game..

I miss the old Pryd.net ways.. Possy hunts like this wouldnt have been tolerated or allowed to progress this far that a Mod vote has become of it..

if theres to be a vote on a Moderator of this forum then i think it should be set by the chief Whip, and it should be a private poll not public thats not democratic.. with simple options that dont include the banning of a person from the forum completely. (as they can be modded) it brings for good informative discussions and Xest brings that opposite augument to the table.
even though he does talk utter bollox at times and annoys the hell out of peeps with his nagging dog style of not ever letting go.. but its fun reading.. ;)
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

just to let y'all know

we're doing a CoC which will come into opperation as soon as we elect some other mods (as well as Xest).
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

thats pretty fair and reasonable if you ask me
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

Burn Xest, fuc**ng burn ye hear meee biaa******!! :tare: :tare:

xD

bigsoz :<
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

This is more fun than the fins4 flames and the gank guild flames too! This thread should have happened a few years ago!

Tbh make me mod, i don't play prydwen anymore, but i do play wow and i can mod the chatterbox and off-topic pretty well!

Really though, i think this poll comes down to the questions 'do you like Xest' and 'if the majority dislikes someone should he get banned and lose mod rights'?

For the first question, i have never personally played with Xest in game apart from a Fomor raid in which he had the courtesy to get the whole raid to pick me up when i somehow got hopelessly lost so i only have one positive memory from him from all the time i played Prydwen.

Overall though, he has been posting for a long time here and even if sometimes he sounds biased and a bit too persistent he makes these forums more fun and alive, so i really disagree with a possible ban or suspension. I really don't feel we should vote for who should get banned, as we could just do a poll for everyone and start an unending series of suspensions and bans. Not too productive if you ask me.

I think he should lose mod rights though, not because i have anything against him but because people seem not to trust him with them and generally mods should have the trust of the community, especially on a forum based so much on community bonding. Seems the most logical solution to me yet it's not in the poll, so i just voted 'edit it' as i would never vote for someone's suspension.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Bugzy wrote:Nana can i request your permission to use this thread as a place to spam and make my post count higher to extend my e-peen to ungodly lengths?

tbh if there was a forum rule about not being allowed to post nonsensical trash 90% of the time then you would be on your 8th account or so. Just make a useful comment or say nothing.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

oh and just for the record i think :

Xest should be punished for his actions, what he said was way out of line for a mod, but i dont think he should be banned.

If the person saying it was a normal forumBoi / gal (although i doubt the girls on this forum could commit such a heinous offence! :kesxex: ), then there is little doubt in my mind they would be banned - with due warning etc, But a Moderator should be the one who filters that stuff, not the one saying it.

Having said that, i dont think the forum would be so active without xest. He provides a different viewpoint which (although sometimes very baised) the majority of times spices up the discussions. And lets face it, everyone likes a good argument from time to time, just why i posted that comment about Bugzy above. So, we have to give Xest a slap on the wrist- but what he said im 20000% sure he wouldnt wish that on anyone in real life.

oh and i also enjoy having a conversation about the superiority of america with him and i really miss those 20 page arguments about how to spec a ranger. More of those please.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

pikeh wrote:- but what he said im 20000% sure he wouldnt wish that on anyone in real life.

except maybe chavs and george bush.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Wow this thread's still going & how it looks now "Suspended and lose Mod rights" is gonna come out on top :(

Come on guys & gals - most mods are also human (yes even Xest I guess) & SOMEONE has to mod otherwise all hell breaks loose. I'd far rather it was Xest than certain other people who post here (no I'm NOT going to post names & start a flame war - altho come to think of it the idea is rather tempting :D)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”