66,000 items

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

i am a little concerned of lost backpack items , and vault items , across ten characters , the only items i have listed that i can account for are the things that my chars are wearing or have equipped because these are all on an HTML as templates , my vaults have various weapons and scrolls , but if any of these are lost or deleted i really wouldnt have a clue , you might htink , if i dont know what they are , they can be that important .however , they are that important or else i wouldnt have kept them.
No chance at all to re claim these things if they are gone though, what to do about those ?
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

aww, ffs lost my another trident of casta..
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

Nejtun wrote:No chance at all to re claim these things if they are gone though, what to do about those ?
First of all, GOA has restored 'as many items as possible', so most items will be waiting for you in your vault.
But for those items that have not been restored, if there are any, and you do not remember them ... you'll lose them.

I'm sorry for you, but it's as easy as that.
Nored, 50 Champ <Green Peacekeepers>

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

items you dont remember tend not to be important ;) imo
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

[quote="Poh"]items you dont remember tend not to be important ]

Not always true. Never had something like this?:

"Oh, yes, I think I have that rare scroll somewhere in my vault"

Would be painful if it first was there, and it's gone later.

Some things can be (very) important, but you're still able to forget them.

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

[quote="Poh"]items you dont remember tend not to be important ]

not true at all . i have ten chars with ten full vaults , a lot is salvage which i tend to save up and do in one big chunk , some are scrolls and pieced together scrolls, some things are decent drops from various ML's and i couldnt start putting names on them , because if i wanted to know what they were i would go and look, and my CM is semi full of stuff , and apart from one or two very expensive items , i couldnt name anything on there , so if it was missing i have nothing to refer to , as for stuff appearing in my vault that went missing from my back pack , what about the fact that i dont have more than one or two spaces in the vault on most of my chars ?

if some equiped item is missing i can name it , if it isnt equiped already it is lost for good :B
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

More to the point, why are any items lost? Don't GOA keep regular backups of everything?

If it includes inactive accounts what happens for example if I wanted to reactivate my account that I haven't used in like 18months? How am I meant to know if I had such and such an item from back then or not? I assume GOA know can check what items people had manually to prevent people exploiting this? If they can then the burden should be on GOA to find out what got lost and what needs to be replaced, if they can't then erm, my old Ranger, Xest had lvl10 of every artifact, so I'd be greatful if you could restore them <coughs> :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

GOA has resotred moast items, because they do have a backup database.

for the rest, good point, Xest

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Afaik, he said they know WHO the corrupt files came from, but they could not tell what. So anyone making a claim will most likely be checked against a list, and told to fuck off if they aren't on it. :p
~

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

erh.. so does everyone here keep all their chars equipment, housevaults and money writen down on paper at home so they all know exactly what items each toon had ??

Well I sure as hell dont, and I just happen to been on a break about 1 month give or take before this -corrupted- database.. and I dont remember what toon had what artifact, activated or not, or what scrolls each toon had on what inventory and in which vault, personal or house...

ffs
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”