A nice post off FH

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Just keep your fingers crossed for Catacombs, Catacombs did one thing very well - moved people away from Alb to the other realms. The only problem now is that Hib/Merlin still has underpopulation bonuses despite having a drastically and consistently higher RvR population than the other realms as well as consistently holding more keeps and relics than the other two realms, Mythic seem to have forgotten to update underpopulation bonuses in light of the player shifts caused by Catacombs so Alb is getting pounded on most servers (Although it's arguably deserved after the pounding they gave at NF release).

Just role Bainshees and Animists and you got all the tools you need to slaughter superior numbers, CAE DD ftw :>

Sugah
Emerald Rider

Post by Sugah »

Well just think all the non buffbot peeps will be rolling hib next patch for vamp's :) should raise our population a bit.
Hib/Pry
Minewt - Eldritch - Tailor in Training
Mingle - Ranger - Fletcher in Training
Sugah - Vampiir - Alcoholic in Training
Arctura - Druid
Minuwt - Chanter

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

can't wait til it arrives and all on a new computer (in a week or so) that can run it to good effect!

\o/

I will start either a bard or a healer though because they will be short in supply and I like how they play.

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Xest wrote:Just role Bainshees and Animists and you got all the tools you need to slaughter superior numbers, CAE DD ftw :>
CAE DD hits 16 people at max. Might be sufficent for Prydwen population though. ;)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to my bainshee. :)
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Adianna"]CAE DD hits 16 people at max. Might be sufficent for Prydwen population though. ]
Thing about it is the no falloff, that's what rocks most, it's pretty much the same delve as a baseline DD too, so fully twinked with a relic or two you can squeeze 500dmg out of it - basically makes it far superior to an AE DD and some ways better than PBAE, although PBAE hits for more at it's centre, it also falls off very fast so overall it tends to be much more devistating in that you can run away from the center of PBAE but you wont make it away from the center of a CAE DD before dying. Being 700 range it also means you can sit back at the Lord and spam it when enemy come upstairs - whilst the PBAErs will get interrupted at the top of the stairs you wont as you'll be back out the way ;) Baseline DD is nice too, get regular crits for over 1k dmg with it with a bit of WP, MoM and full ToA.

maxis

Post by maxis »

Alexandrinus wrote:only proplem daoc face is the lack of new people to the game :diss:
That's the real point imo. It may be that more ppl join if there is a big marketing push for Catacombs, but we will still have the problem that many people don't want to level another character because they can't face the grind of MLs, artifacts etc.

Unless there is some way of making that easier I can't see that there will ever be many more people able to join full-blown RvR.

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

maxis wrote:That's the real point imo. It may be that more ppl join if there is a big marketing push for Catacombs, but we will still have the problem that many people don't want to level another character because they can't face the grind of MLs, artifacts etc.

Unless there is some way of making that easier I can't see that there will ever be many more people able to join full-blown RvR.
what your forgetting though is that alot of people are going to want to roll one of the new classes so if we do get an inc. of new players there will be xp grps about plus there will be another decent wave of Ml's going through which would include other classes that existing players and new players would like to start playing, perfect opportunity to level a char and get used to playing it..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

maxis wrote:That's the real point imo. It may be that more ppl join if there is a big marketing push for Catacombs, but we will still have the problem that many people don't want to level another character because they can't face the grind of MLs, artifacts etc.

plus there is the free level system - I mean that definitely takes the grind out. I have watched a group come through on that system and boy did they fly up! I was level 38 when they started to play (they played a lot more than me) I was level 50 when some of them where level 47-48!!!

They did have close to a full group and I often had to solo with a nightshade so the comparison is not really direct but as Norcott has pointed out - there will be a lot more people around at the lower levels and so it is likely to be fairly painless.

Looking forward to it all really.

Sharkith

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Have GOA announced clustering at all yet? It's certainly rocked on the US servers, essentially at prime time now instead of having like 3x2500 player servers then 10x700 player servers or whatever we have 6x2500 - 3000 player servers which is far more fun for everyone really. If you get clustered with Excal it should breathe a whole new breathe of life into the game, you wont have to struggle for MLs anymore. Arti encounters maybe more competitive but then Mythic are making arti encounters drop more etc. so I think it balances out pretty well + the fact you have 2x Realms to do arti encounters in. Perhaps if Prydwen doesn't want to lose their community they could petition GOA to only cluster the frontiers and not the mainlands.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Oh btw, since your back in the forum Xest. Can you explain to me how the bainshee fear spells work? do they work in rvr?

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”