Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Cryn wrote:On what source of information do you base this post? Seems to me that GOA are presenting themselves as having provided the fix here, which means they must have sufficient access to the codebase and/or database to do so. I'm not sure anyone outside GOA or Mythic - either you or me - are in a position to give particulars of the licence or to give an assessment of how much that affected their ability to fix the system this time arround.

I pay my money to GOA. I therefore hold them responsible for service levels. If they are unable to provide adequate quality of service, it's up to them to change the situation in whatever way necessary to get to a position where they can.

hmm

requiel said that mythic had to delete the items

chances are the goa peeps went through the items one by one to find which ones but couldnt make physical changes to it til mythic had reopened?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

I find the compensation coming very short if u realize that if your level 50 character you played in RvR is missing items and therefore not being able to play it in RvR.

It will take a while to get the char back on track - pretty much defeating any compensation giving out in the first 10 days after the server is up. Not to mention the lost playtime. If it takes 5 days to get your corrupted character back in the same situation as it was before the crash, u still lost a net 5 days of playing time.

10% more RP's - for a hardcore player getting 150K RP's in the 10 days the server been down (and thus getting 15K RP more due to the 'compensation') simply doesnt add up to me.

The XP-bonusses and freelevel-bonusses are useless to alot of players who dont intend to XP a character/artifact.

From a personal PoV Im dissapointed by the compensation granted.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

`Naema
Emerald Rider

Post by `Naema »

Childofkhain wrote:personally you should do what i have done - wrote a complaint letter to PCgamer and PCzone about what happend
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

<nods in agreement with Puppet>

As others have said extending the period over a second weekend would appear to make sense, although tbh as I am not looking to level any toons and am not especially bothered about rps neither makes much difference to me.

More of a concern is the fact that I will have to log each of my toons on and check each inventory, CM, personal vault and house vault hoping that one of the 66k purged slots is not on on of my toons. Tbh I am not even sure I can remember everything my toons had.

I just have visions of logging my BM on atm and finding her naked in the frontiers.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Hithip
Emerald Rider

Post by Hithip »

Childofkhain wrote:personally you should do what i have done - wrote a complaint letter to PCgamer and PCzone about what happend
why ?
so even less people try out the game wich many of us already think is purely advertised. What we need is more peeps joining the game not scaring them of.
Just in imo ofc.
Other than that i dont have any problems with the compensation given to us.
Barding and shrooming for Hibernia.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Puppet wrote:I find the compensation coming very short if u realize that if your level 50 character you played in RvR is missing items and therefore not being able to play it in RvR.

It will take a while to get the char back on track - pretty much defeating any compensation giving out in the first 10 days after the server is up. Not to mention the lost playtime. If it takes 5 days to get your corrupted character back in the same situation as it was before the crash, u still lost a net 5 days of playing time.

10% more RP's - for a hardcore player getting 150K RP's in the 10 days the server been down (and thus getting 15K RP more due to the 'compensation') simply doesnt add up to me.

The XP-bonusses and freelevel-bonusses are useless to alot of players who dont intend to XP a character/artifact.

From a personal PoV Im dissapointed by the compensation granted.
I think we need to see how well they handle the item returns before criticising them for taking 5 days. Who knows, they may all be done within 10 mins of reporting ;)

Anyone with a non-level 10 arti that went missing will get a nice bonus, maybe they could look at a bonus to others that have items returned. This could easily be a manual thing and so more tailored to individual requirements.

Remember the RP bonus is in addition to the main compensation of free days for each day the server was down.

I honestly can't see that they could do much more, remember they are a company and have to trade to make money. If they lose too much money over this and then go bust, how good would your DAoC experience be then? :o

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I think you have rose-tinted specs on, Ovi.

Firstly, GOA will have lost almost no money on this. Considering that if you messed up your business in most industries, you would interrupt your turnover, GOA have gotten away very lightly. Prydwen is a fraction of their turnover and the free period is only a portion of the subs for one month.

Also, you 10 minute estimate for the effect on in game time is unlikely, isn't it? I mean ... it probably takes about that long just to check the possessions of one character (do we need to check vaults too?). Even if you have NO missing possessions, that makes it a good couple of hours for people with mature accounts and a buff bot.

If you did have items missing you gotta make a report, but that's not where the lost time comes from. As Puppet said, a character with missing items is not necessarily gonna be playable, so you may need to wait until the items are replaced before you can get the character RVRing. Their response time will depend on how many reports they get, but let's consider ... RightNow is notorious for poor response times and their workload is gonna be much increased at the moment. Doesn't look favourable.

But sure, let's wait and see how it goes. It won't really matter, because on Monday all the people who insist on putting positive spin on everything GOA does will still do so and all the people like me who insist on complaining will still complain. And through it all, GOA will serenely ignore us, not really caring what we think about the situation.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Peat, you know i like you but think you're going bit to far in this now. I can totally understand that you're mad, disapointed or whatever ... and if you want to cancel your subs for a month then do so but dont ask other ppl to do the same. Thats just stiring things up imo.

/edit: /em hides ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

You're welcome to your opinion Satyn, but as a community we currently are letting GOA hand us the service level that is entirely dictacted by their side of the deal. They do this because their basic expectation is that people are so hooked on DAoC we will accept anything we are given. My suggestion, while motivated by dissatisfaction is not about throwing a strop, it's about renegotiating our position with our service provider to ensure future service levels are adequate.

It's not healthy in any deal for one side to assume the other side will take whatever they are given.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I just think that whatever we'll do they wont take notice of it. Cos face it hun, how many ppl will cancel their subs? I know I wont cos i've missed the game to much (altho i'm also mad and want to do something) and think most ppl think like that aswell.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”