A nice post off FH

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sugah
Emerald Rider

A nice post off FH

Post by Sugah »

Ripped this straight off freddy's. Thought it was a nice read so here it is for anyone who hasn't read it.
http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... ge=1&pp=15

Originally Posted by Azathrim
So, that is the strategy. Requiel, GoA provides two english RvR servers. One of them is drasticly low on population.

I belive a majority of the Prydwen community is very concerned about this.
You got any way to calm the community?

Furthermore, you mention that you base this purely on population and thus don't include a factor like RvR activity.
Now, let us look at Pry/Hib. A few facts:
1) They are underpopulated
2) They are #1 lwrp (#2 if removing the RP bonus).
3) They own and defend 4 relics.
4) They have 50% discount on upkeep.

Now, that upkeep discount would fit if the realm had a problem generating RP's and thus Bounty points. However, Hib/Pry simply don't have that problem. Infact, they generate more than the other realms on the server.

Would it, in this case not be fair to readjust that upkeep bonus to a more fitting level. Perhaps start using this particular variable (upkeep bonus) the way Mythic intended, as a help for the underdog realm?

Requiels Reply
No because Hib/Pryd is underpopulated. They are doing well in RvR currently in spite of a lower proportional population than almost any other realm on any other server. We will not penalise them for doing well. On Prydwen both Mid and Alb are almost exactly equal as far as RvR capable population goes (we don't count low level alts for the purposes of our calculations, only characters who are able to play a realistic role in top level RvR). It's not appropriate to give either of them a bonus. We aren't going to base the bonuses on RvR activity as it can be manipulated too easily - a big alliance could decide not to RvR for a week, level some alts to drop the LWRP, just to get a nice fat bonus for the next few weeks. We don't want to see a bonus for realms who are outnumbered on the server turn into a 'pass the parcel' game.

Midgard on Excalibur gets a bigger bonus than Midgard on Pryd because Mid/Excal is smaller compared to Alb/Excal than Mid/Pryd is when compared to Alb/Pryd.
Hib/Pry
Minewt - Eldritch - Tailor in Training
Mingle - Ranger - Fletcher in Training
Sugah - Vampiir - Alcoholic in Training
Arctura - Druid
Minuwt - Chanter

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

only proplem daoc face is the lack of new people to the game :diss:

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

well

the reson why we have a xp/bonus difference is to tempt more people to play here.
And i spect it works to a certain extent. Peeps have moved from excal to here to play. Okay maybe its cause we are the only other english speaking server however they could have moved alb/mid.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

The numbers Requiel is referring to are these (taken last week - Alb/Hib/Mid):
Number of Players (Level 45-50)
3 127 (40.00%) 1 936 (24.77%) 2 754 (35.23%) 7 817
Number of Players (Level 45-50 & Actif)
1 887 (38.15%) 1 165 (23.55%) 1 894 (38.29%) 4 946
Number of Players (Level 45-50 & Actif RvR) (* 5000rps+ last week)
276 (31.76%) 254 (29.23%) 339 (39.01%) 869

So from these numbers it still shows that Hibs are even despite our recent successes are still underpopulated in RvR.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

quite surprising that last stat - would have thought albs have more than mids active in rvr - how much of those mids do you reckon dont move out of Bledmeer area?
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

It's not the rvr that bothers me, as clearly pointed out some of us hibbies are doing a pretty damn good join despite the fact that we are underpopulated. It's the ML's/Artifact raids that bothers me since we can hardly get enough people to do some of them anymore..

/Ankh

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ankh Morpork wrote:It's not the rvr that bothers me, as clearly pointed out some of us hibbies are doing a pretty damn good join despite the fact that we are underpopulated. It's the ML's/Artifact raids that bothers me since we can hardly get enough people to do some of them anymore..

/Ankh

I can fully see your end point there ankh, it is progressively getting tougher out there for many of us that remain and it offers little in the way of help in the same respect for possible newcomers to our realm. I read the whole post and mostly it is whine, but from what I have read at least from mid pry FH forums they are certainly in a full swing of pve/ml's etc.

What we saw earlier this week albeit a small alarm clock relic raid by mids is just a snippet of what is to come, but it will be quite some time before we see mid turning out as dominant as they were pre-NF. Catacombs may provide an answer for some - indeed many of them see it as the holy grail for this game where there is a hope for most of those who did play to return. But the root of the problem remains the same despite its many faces, and that alone may well be killing the game even before catacombs arrives.

I can't see that much difference at least for some in how things will get any better, no matter how you dress it up.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

people do realise the more keeps u claim/own the bonuses are reduced..... or is dat just me when i click the bonuses tab on the /rw

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

I think hib ofc should keep the bonuses as we are under populated.Sadly the GM's can't check which is a BB and who is not so just imagine how many actual ppl playing rvr there are :( .. though im 4 th in getting most rps out of rangers . So this is making me get rr5 in no time - thanks ! :)
P.S.
*imo* take off all the damn B's they ruin the game. Not fair on people who have no BB and these kind of non playing buffers are in no other RPG game . Please make rvr entertaining and delete those BB's! -thank you
:cheers:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Monk
Emerald Rider

Post by Monk »

i sceptical on the bb issue, simply for the fact if someone pays for the accts and lvls the character, why not ? but it is unfair on the few left without BBs
~~~GM of Fallen Spirits - Prydwen~~~
Spetsnaz lvl50 Celt Valewalker 6l2 -Currently Main
Nicholai lvl 50 Elf Ranger 4l0
Moscow lvl 50 Shar Vampiir 3l8
Vanyia lvl 50 Celt Druid 3l2
Aequitas lvl 50 Shar Hero 2l0 - running old school epic!
Trident lvl 45 Elf Chanter 1l5

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”