What is the deal with people these days?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

if you come on this forum (any forum) YOU decide what you type, nobody else. If you then say things that get other ppl angry or annoyed then its your own fault and its easy to say then: ppl hate me!

I've been called terrible things in the past, i've gotten very upset over it aswell but in the end if you're a good person and you and your real friends know that then thats the important thing imo.

But since Pryd has gone down I see the tention building up on these boards and i'm affraid if they dont get it back up soon its gona end up as a warzone. Even i'm starting to get at the end of my patience :( And trust me i got loads of patience.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

pikeh wrote:Are you surprised really? you didnt make any constructive comments and you slagged off his template without giving any hnts on how to make it better, and when the comment was made about the stupidly overpriced cloak you made the argument continue.

True, have to go both ways really, if you can give useless comment you will have to be able to take some yourself ofcourse ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Satyn wrote:if you come on this forum (any forum) YOU decide what you type, nobody else. If you then say things that get other ppl angry or annoyed then its your own fault and its easy to say then: ppl hate me!

I've been called terrible things in the past, i've gotten very upset over it aswell but in the end if you're a good person and you and your real friends know that then thats the important thing imo.

But since Pryd has gone down I see the tention building up on these boards and i'm affraid if they dont get it back up soon its gona end up as a warzone. Even i'm starting to get at the end of my patience :( And trust me i got loads of patience.

Actually I don't care much what people say about me in here, because I don't take nothing that serious, and I think It will be hard if you do so ;D

Still I try to think about what I post before I do it though ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Mr Manic
Emerald Rider

Post by Mr Manic »

Adalyn, u just a noob!

now get on Alb and lvl me :sharkith:
Prydwen - Hib - Marsh Horde
Fiva - Ranger - lvl50 - TeamZerg - cl2
MasterCard - lvl50 - ml7 - cl4
AniManic - lvl50 - ml10 - cl5 champ
MezzManic - lvl50

Glastonbury - Hib - Savant Renegades
Manical - Ranger - lvl16

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

We all love you really, so don't worry m8.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

It is all in the way you say it mate - you are very generous if not way too generous but when you communicate through typing you have a very straight forward way of typing that appears gruff to those who don't know you. So when they respond curtly and you are surprised by it you need to try and think if you might have said things differently and if this would have resulted in a better response?

Some will always respond curtly anyway and thats just part of the forums. So much is lost in text.

When you speak over TS you sound totally different to how you read and having listened to you I now 'read' you differently when I see your writing. Not everyone has had that chance to get to know you though. So do think about it.

I am not coming back until the server is fixed, having lots of good sport on Eve-Online.... ;)

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

Gandelf wrote:We all love you really, so don't worry m8.
icky

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Adalyn, the fact you made this post makes me wonder about you. It isn't hard to understand that some people don't like high prices (there's been enough posts about it even if you hadn't seen from real life that people don't like money-oriented people in general).

Similarly, even a moment's thought of even a quite insensitive person should have told you that some people don't take well to having their stuff labelled as crap.

I can't help asking myself what state someone's world view needs to get to in order not to be able to grasp basic realities of human interaction.

For example, I am aware that you won't be thrilled after reading what I just said about you. Sorry for being so harsh, but I'm grumpy cos the server is down.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I will still come farm ML10 with you Adalyn even tho you now know I'm a perma-noob :x
At least I'm a "willing-to-learn-perma-noob" :P

(you rezzed me once with your BB near the entrance to Typhon's Reach on one of the numerous occasions when I over-reached myself. I doubt you remember it, but I do. :) It's not like it would have been a long run back or anything, but some people would just have run past & ignored my poor bruised & bleeding corpse. Sometimes small kindnesses can make a lasting impression :D)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Like many people already said, don't forget the server has been down for a week now, which has gotten people in a bad mood :(.
This will be a part of it, apart from that i haven't read the other post about the template, just saw the quote. All i can say to that is, a template isn't uber if it costs more than 100P, it can cost lots less and still be very good. And not everyone is able to pay 100P anyway, or even willing to pay it for a template, especially not if u have multiple chars.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”