Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Q: Once everything is sorted is there any chance of getting a detailed technical description of what went wrong?
A: I can imagine you'd like to hear this just out of curiosity but I don't think it's very likely we'll go into great detail. There is all kinds of agreements between Mythic and GOA about what we can talk about and what not and I think to play it safe we'll just won't speak of it much.

This is abit tactical I guess, but after having the servers down for a week I would think the majority of their customers really would like to get some answers.

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Q: Once everything is sorted is there any chance of getting a detailed technical description of what went wrong?
A: I can imagine you'd like to hear this just out of curiosity but I don't think it's very likely we'll go into great detail. There is all kinds of agreements between Mythic and GOA about what we can talk about and what not and I think to play it safe we'll just won't speak of it much.

This is abit tactical I guess, but after having the servers down for a week I would think the majority of their customers really would like to get some answers.

/Ankh

You hit the nail right on the head Ankh. I think it sounds like they might be trying to hide something... something scandalous. If they can't divulge what it is that caused the problem, then it smacks of some sort of hacking, even though GOA have said the contrary.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[31-08-2005] News about Prydwen

The database has been purged of the corrupted files that have been discovered and Prydwen was restarted today for internal testing. We will keep you informed of the results of these checks in the next news concerning the situation on the server. We apologise once more to all players who have been deprived of their characters since last week.

Edit: this does sound good tbh..

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote:You hit the nail right on the head Ankh. I think it sounds like they might be trying to hide something... something scandalous. If they can't divulge what it is that caused the problem, then it smacks of some sort of hacking, even though GOA have said the contrary.
You make it sound like some kind of conspiracy mate :) I seriously doubt its something like that...but even if they do have agreements with Mythic I personally think that Mythic should allow them to release the information.

/Ankh

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Gandelf wrote:You hit the nail right on the head Ankh. I think it sounds like they might be trying to hide something... something scandalous. If they can't divulge what it is that caused the problem, then it smacks of some sort of hacking, even though GOA have said the contrary.
I disagree. I tend to think it's probably just what Xalin said, that GOA isn't at liberty to discuss the issue. And to be honest, at none of my former companies would we have gone into much technical detail with customers regarding an outage.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ankh Morpork wrote:[31-08-2005] News about Prydwen

The database has been purged of the corrupted files that have been discovered and Prydwen was restarted today for internal testing. We will keep you informed of the results of these checks in the next news concerning the situation on the server. We apologise once more to all players who have been deprived of their characters since last week.

Edit: this does sound good tbh..
good?
this sounds almost like theyre going to put it up soon :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Dahakon
Emerald Rider

Compensation

Post by Dahakon »

Is it just me or should pryd players be compenstated with a free golm + credit???
"You laught at me because I am different, I laugh because you are all the same"

Hib/Pryd 4tw

Dahakon 50 hero :gamblor:
Juaninamillion 50 mana mentalist :wizard:
Golgoleth 50 vampiir :kick:
(+ other random lowbies)

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

i only want a GoV and 3 little Love Story scrolls :-)

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Dahakon wrote:Is it just me or should pryd players be compenstated with a free golm + credit???
it's just you :)

/Ankh

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

They should double XP, RPs and gold for the same duration as the server is down.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”