Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:Actually I think you're the one who doesn't "know WTF you're on about :p". On my main server I was often the ONLY L50 on in Hib. If we managed to get 1/2 a FG of L40-50 during european daytime it was like Christmas & birthday together. Euro-daytime server population was almost always below 150 (all 3 realms), you could do /who all on Hib during Euro daytime & get 15-25 players. In fact, most of the servers were like that. Only 3-4 servers had halfway decent euro-daytime populations, & that's where all the d00ds were.
Ah, I see the problem now, you must've played on Pendragon, as that's the only server that could possibly have populations anywhere near as low as you describe, and even then it's really pushing it.

The problem is you see, that's a test server... Now I understand fully where you went wrong. You see, most people play on real servers and aren't dumb enough to roll a char on the test servers.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

buy a dell

wonder how much spam i get for that
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

On GOA site, Prydwen is not listed at the moment as a server on the right hand side. In between Excalibur and Camlann is the server "--". Alas, it's also disappeared from the server list in the login. I guess that's the easy way to cluster the English speaking servers.

Seriously though, it's evidence that they're working on it, for what it's worth. Having worked in a 24/7 IT role, I know it's a serious pain in the neck for everyone involved.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Muahah ! Prydwen has gone from the server list now !

Seems they decided to delete that crappola server and direct everyone to excal : :wyst:
Togusa the Mentalist

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

Xest wrote:Ah, I see the problem now, you must've played on Pendragon, as that's the only server that could possibly have populations anywhere near as low as you describe, and even then it's really pushing it.

The problem is you see, that's a test server... Now I understand fully where you went wrong. You see, most people play on real servers and aren't dumb enough to roll a char on the test servers.
camelotherald @18:19GMT wrote:Gaheris(Coop) 185
oh wait...that's not a real server either is it?
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Gandelf wrote:In defence of the workers though, I would argue that there is (in this modern age) too much emphasis on customer satisfaction... as customers, we are often guilty of thinking that we have a divine right to demand instant action when there is a fault. I would say, however, that we should remember that the workers have their own lives to live, with family and friends etc. and why should they have to "suffer" just to make us happy?
They don't, but then they have no customers :).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Poh
Emerald Rider

Post by Poh »

Jupiler wrote:oh wait...that's not a real server either is it?

try try look at merlin 813 on atm just a half year ago that would be between 1.6-2k says something about how low they are atm. tho thats why they clustered as far as i remember. Even the smallest servers used to have 600 playing from 19CET to when US gamers go to bed ;)
Pryd: Pohez 50Eld, Pohuz 50Vamp, Pohbot 50Druid
Glastonbury: Pohan 36Arms, Pohax 50Necro

Retired: US: Merlin/Alb, Lance/Hib, MLF/Mid

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

OohhoO wrote:I played on the US servers.
I couldn't really imagine ever going back there.
Several reasons:-
1) Time zone difference.
... Raids start in the middle of the night Euro time
... Downtime is ALWAYS at Euro playing time
... Lack of players at Euro playing time
2) Mentality of the players
... Americans are often wierd IMO
... Americans are often REALLY wierd IMO
... The longer you get to know them the wierder they become (IMO)
3) etc
Well - you dont have any basis for your so called "argument". The opinion you have stated is your own and is not fact based. Ive met just as many weird english people (if not more) in real life, than i have americans (just stayed there for a month so i got to know some of the locals pretty well). In game as well - there are some pretty strange EU players out there.

The time zone difference was a problem you knew about (unless your really dumb) before you started playing US servers, so you cant blame that on poor service or whatever.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

Cryn wrote:The idea of going home and putting your feat up for the weekend while your customers suffer is unprofessional in the extreme.
Its a "GoA" thing, we're used to it :)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

pikeh wrote:Well - you dont have any basis for your so called "argument". The opinion you have stated is your own and is not fact based. Ive met just as many weird english people (if not more) in real life, than i have americans (just stayed there for a month so i got to know some of the locals pretty well). In game as well - there are some pretty strange EU players out there.

The time zone difference was a problem you knew about (unless your really dumb) before you started playing US servers, so you cant blame that on poor service or whatever.
I agree Pik

I always thought badly of US servers before even trying them, purely based on playing US servers on games in the past.

I've now been playing US over a month and really enjoy it. There is a greater proprtion of noobs, but thats only to be expected on the population size. On the whole US players are nice, and theres also alot of players on there from other places around the globe too, particularly on classic, which is the reason I went there (to play non ToA and bb)
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”