Missing forums

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Missing forums

Post by Lairiodd »

I am not sure what the status is with regard to obtaining the forum structure from Tenpit but, from memory:

General

-> Announcements
-> Forum announcements and other general information

-> Tech Help
-> A home for those technical problems.

-> Spam Central
-> A home for all those other posts.

--> Theatre Anime

Prydwen Community

-> Hibernia Discussion (28 Viewing)
-> General 'Hibernian' forum, including Trade Forum

--> Trade Forum
--> Atlantis Corner
--> Hibernian Secrets

-> Albion Discussion
-> General 'Albion' forum, anything goes

-> Midgard Discussion
-> General 'Midgard' forum, anything goes

-> Battlefield
-> A home for our enemies, its a warzone in here!

Hibernian Guilds

-> Soul Pact
-> Guild website http://www.soulpact.com

-> Hibernian Dragon Slayers (1 Viewing)
-> Public forum for the Hibernian Dragon Slayers

-> Green Peacekeepers
-> Guild of the Green Ones

-> Ascending Dawn
-> Guild of the Ascending Dawn

-> Na Fianna Dragun (2 Viewing)
-> Guild of the Na Fianna Dragun

-> Eclipse (2 Viewing)
-> Public forum for Eclipse

-> Tuatha Dé Danann (1 Viewing)
-> Hibernian Guild Tuatha Dé Danann

-> Order of the Sacred Oak
-> Its a big tree - with acorns

-> Keepers of the Sacred Nut
-> Madness reigns within

Hibernian Alliances

-> Soul Pact Alliance
-> Public forum for visitors to the Soul Pact Alliance

-> Natures Eye Alliance
-> Public forum for visitors to the Natures Eye Alliance

-> Eclipse Alliance
-> Public forum for visitors to the Eclipse Alliance

-> Nuadh Dúsgadh Alliance
-> Public forum for visitors to the Nuadh Dúsgadh Alliance

-> Fixed Group Forums
-> Private forums owned by groups, not guilds

Other Games

-> Chatterbox
-> General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.

-> Everquest 2
-> Home for our EQ2 players on prydwen.net

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

(ok I cheated from google cache :) )

alliance forums

The NE one (at least) had

public forum
-> private forum
-> GM forum

There was thus 2 user groups for each alliance.

For Nature's Eye, the group leader was me for the GM forum and me, Aran, Gyneth (and I missed a few) for the private forum. I have missed a few, but since none of them have signed up here yet it probably doesn't matter :).

The trade forum should be a sub forum of the general discussion forum. Also, there is a TOA only version (Atlantis Corner IIRC ?) of the trade forum which was also a sub forum of the general discussion forum.

There was no crafter's forum on the old forums :), but probably a good idea.

There was also the hib only sub forum in the general discussion forum. Anyone who was in any of the guild private forums or any of the alliance forums gained auto access to this forum. There was also the hib secrets usergroup for unguilded (or not in one of the guilds on the forum) players to see it.

You are also missing the mod only forum ... or maybe I just can't see it :).

Also, the post size limit is kinda low, I couldn't post all this in one go.

Actually, it is a smilie limit.

Ayana

Post by Ayana »

I don't think anyone has been able to reach tenpit since he posted on the temp board, but this will be a great help. Thanks.

Edit: Limits increased.

Edit2: Most of the public forums should now exist. I think Abbadon will take care of the Guild/Alliance forums (and associated usergroups) soon as he gets a wee bit of time.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hibernian secrets forum seems open to everyone (at least i havent had request to join)
this forum should be locked and only access when requested.

/edit

also do we need the 3 atlantis corner, trading corner,crafting corner.
The only things ive seen for sale are people auctioning off toa stuff :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Lairiodd wrote:For Nature's Eye, the group leader was me for the GM forum and me, Aran, Gyneth (and I missed a few) for the private forum. I have missed a few, but since none of them have signed up here yet it probably doesn't matter :).

You missed me :p And I have signed up ]

Ayana

Post by Ayana »

Banana wrote:hibernian secrets forum seems open to everyone (at least i havent had request to join)
this forum should be locked and only access when requested.
The "problem" is we need users to maintain all the private usergroups, and as we don't know who previously maintained them (like who maintained hib secrets usergroup?) we can't really create them before we have someone to lead/maintain them.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Ayana wrote:The "problem" is we need users to maintain all the private usergroups, and as we don't know who previously maintained them (like who maintained hib secrets usergroup?) we can't really create them before we have someone to lead/maintain them.

Previously the guild/alliance and hibernian secrets ranks were mixed, as in, if you were accepted to one of those, you automatically joined hibernian secrets too.. this had some problems tho.. namely me :p Since I was a leader of the NE alliance usergroup, and so could grant anyone access to it.. however since I predominantly play alb now, people felt it wasn't appropriate that I be able to view the secret forum (which I was capable of granting myself access to indirectly).. tho I guess, even if hibernian secrets is a separate group, even then if the leader of it changes sides the same problem would occur..

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Ayana wrote:The "problem" is we need users to maintain all the private usergroups, and as we don't know who previously maintained them (like who maintained hib secrets usergroup?) we can't really create them before we have someone to lead/maintain them.
Hib secrets was Etharion and me as mods of the main forum.

However, the hib secrets forum was viewable by anyone who was in any of the other hib usergroups. (I believe there is a setting where you can specify what forums people in specific usergroups can see.)

Most of the people who could see it, were not actually in the hib secrets usergroup, they were in some other usergroup. In fact, I would deny hib secrets membership, if the person was in another usergoup as it kept it more tidy.

This is another reason why having the membership list from the last forum would be good. Getting everyone to re-apply and get confirmed for all of them will take a while :).

Ayana

Post by Ayana »

willowywicca wrote:
Previously the guild/alliance and hibernian secrets ranks were mixed, as in, if you were accepted to one of those, you automatically joined hibernian secrets too.. this had some problems tho.. namely me :p Since I was a leader of the NE alliance usergroup, and so could grant anyone access to it.. however since I predominantly play alb now, people felt it wasn't appropriate that I be able to view the secret forum (which I was capable of granting myself access to indirectly).. tho I guess, even if hibernian secrets is a separate group, even then if the leader of it changes sides the same problem would occur..
At least then the leaders of the usergroup would be able to remove such users, which I guess is a good thing. Anyway I think Banana and Penlid are now leaders of the Hibernian Secrets group, and they will be processing any requests to join it. So I think the forum is now actually secret as the title suggests. :)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

nah not me :p i volenteered people tho ;)

i just wanna change my title .. junior member sux :p

/edit custom title rox :D

/edit oh and i am the leader of the secret forum O.o
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”