When wil server clustering be introduced?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Darktail

When wil server clustering be introduced?

Post by Darktail »

Sure hope it comes with catacombs so we dont have to wait a view patches till it comes.

My decision of buying catacombs might depend on this.
Warhammer - K8P
[K8P-Order] Sisyphus - Runepriest
[K8P-Order] Slayopatra - WariorPriest

[prydwen]Darkruby - Ward
[prydwen]Slayopatra - Mentalist

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

2-3 months after Catacombs is released, As i beleive clustering comes with 1.74?

Prydwen server probably won't cluster with Excalibur anyway and i don't see it being clustered with a French or German server at all.
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

So far only the US servers are to clustered, GOA haven't spoken about this at all to my knowledge.

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

Clustering is part of the current updates on the US servers and not part of the Catacombs patch so we will not get it for at least 2-3 months and even then I do not think that Prydwen or Excalibur will be clustered with any other serve as that will reduce the options for any new player wanting to play on the English servers as once they are clustered anyone without characters in multiple realms will be limited to a single realm on both servers. So for example if you play Hib on Prydwen and Alb on Excalibur you can continue playing both sets of characters but if you want to switch from Alb to Mid then you would be forced to leave Hib as well as once they are clustered the servers would behave as one. This would limit the options for new players by removing the possibility of trying a second realm without first deleting all their existing characters.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Thats not true Las, you can just delete on Albion/Excalibur and move to Midgard/Excalibur without affecting your Hibernia/Prydwen characters, the only problem is if you play Albion/Excal you have got to wait 8 hours from loggin of Excal to play on Hibernia/Prydwen.
Albion/Excalibur

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

<Marsh Horde>

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

Adalyn wrote:Thats not true Las, you can just delete on Albion/Excalibur and move to Midgard/Excalibur without affecting your Hibernia/Prydwen characters, the only problem is if you play Albion/Excal you have got to wait 8 hours from loggin of Excal to play on Hibernia/Prydwen.
I think I may be right from http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1956.shtml
Q: I have characters in two different realms on the same server cluster. I tried to make characters in the third realm on the third server in the cluster, but it wouldn't let me. How come?

"If you did not have characters on one of the clustered servers when they were combined, then you are limited on which realm you can create characters in on that cluster. You can only create new characters in one realm on a cluster, so any new characters made on a server you previously had no characters on would be from one of the two realms you currently play on that cluster.

"In addition, you cannot delete your characters from one realm to switch to the third realm. Since you already have characters in one realm, if you delete all of the characters on the second server in the cluster, you will be limited to the first server's realm at that point."

So, for example: Say you've got Albion characters on Iseult, and Mids on Pellinor, and nothing on Kay. Since you created those characters before clustering occurred, you are grandfathered in. If you delete your Albion characters, and attempt to create a Hibernian on Iseult, you'll find that you can't, and the game will only allow you to create Midgardians. If you attempt to create a Hibernian on Kay, where you had no characters, you will find you're also restricted to Midgard.

If you do not delete either your Albs/Iseult or your Mids/Pellinor, you can create either Albs or Mids on Kay, but not Hibs.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Trez wrote:So far only the US servers are to clustered, GOA haven't spoken about this at all to my knowledge.
Goa has said numerous times that they havent considered clustering yet so untill they say otherwise you can expect no clustering to happen
finland:
holland:

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

That is with 3 servers that are clustered together Las, not just 2 servers, so you should be able to create on midgard if you played on albion and hibernia on other server, they just don't want you to play all 3 realms at once so you can cross realm :/

But will see when ever GoA implement server clustering, i still don't see excal and prydwen being clustered either way, would be fun tho if it did much more people to kill in RvR
Albion/Excalibur

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

<Marsh Horde>

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Ideal opportunity to make a third En-Eu server imo :)

Cluster Pryd/Excal and add a third server, then allow everyone to create charaters from all three servers (Just as if you had existing characters on the 3 servers). At least then everyone would be able to play all 3 realms, although with an 8 hour wait to change.

The argument against the third server ahs always been population, so clustering the 3 servers should mean that population is less of an issue.

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

I think clustering is an option that needs to be considered very soon cuz of the population decreasing more and more.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”